Venice Cruise Terminal

wacogirl

We are booked on the 10/17/10 RSS Voyager cruise out of Venice. I'm trying to figure out where the ship will be docked. I looked on the Venice Cruise Terminal website and found the ship. Does anyone know what Terminal BAS stands for? The ship is scheduled to be at Terminal BAS, Berth VE027 and Zone SMT. Any help is appreciated!:confused:

It docks at the San Basilio Terminal. This has a different entrance from Maritima the one that the big ships use. We used Venice Discount Taxi to take us from SB to the airport when we were on the Mariner.

You can reach the San Basilio terminal by road from the Piazzale Roma. When we disembarked there was a free shuttle bus from the ship to the Piazzale where we picked up our hertz car.

For sightseeing while the ship is docked, you can just walk around 500m to the nearest vaporetto stop. This is San Basilio, but they do not sell full day tickets should you want one. For those you have to walk anotehr 500m or so to the Zattere stop.

The Terminal itself is very small, and well staffed. When we disembarked there was someone to help us find our luggage and direct us to the shuttle. (Not a Regent person, a Terminal staffer). When we came back from sightseeing the day before, the security check was thorough and quick. No queues.

I have clients booked on that same cruise and here is the information I was able to get for them regarding the terminal:

Here is the information on where the Voyager will be: VENEZIA TERMINAL PASSEGGERI S.p.A.

17/10/2010 SEVEN SEAS VOYAGER REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES Berth: VE027 Zone: SMT Terminal: BAS (Terminal San Basilio)

The Voyager will be docked at a totally different part of the Cruise Ship Terminal. It is a smaller terminal, dedicated to smaller cruise ships and it looks like it is right on the water, on the Grand Canal, outside of the actual terminal, which will be a great location and the view should be amazing. From the web site: "Thanks to its closeness to the waterfront promenade Zattere (few meters of walking from the quay), the terminal St. Basilio is the ideal start point for shore excursions."

If you are staying overnight, I was able to find them a great package with pickup from the airport and a transfer to the ship the next day (all included) at the Courtyard Venice Airport Via Triestina 170,

Venice Tessera, 30173 Italy Phone: 39-041-541-5022 Fax: 39-041-541-5286.

The cost for the room, with transfers included is 218 Euros (for 2 adults).

Hope this helps and have a great cruise!

Bon Voyage and Happy Sailing!!

Thanks for all of your replies--I was just trying to figure out which terminal. Regent told us that they wouldn't know until 2 wks before the cruise. I knew that that wasn't correct since I had just looked on the Venice Cruise Terminal website and it was posted there. Thanks for enlightening me to the San Basilio Terminal. We are coming in 2 days early and staying at the Antich Figure Hotel.

it is right on the water, on the Grand Canal, outside of the actual terminal, which will be a great location and the view should be amazing. From the web site: "Thanks to its closeness to the waterfront promenade Zattere (few meters of walking from the quay), the terminal St. Basilio is the ideal start point for shore excursions."

I am afraid you are wrong. The San Basilio Terminal is not on the Grand Canal. It is some way away, on the Giudecca Canal, a rather broader stretch of water without the famous sights of the Grand Canal. There are plenty of maps on the internet which show you this.

Archived