Miss you RuthC!

ksc1984

Ruth: Did the front desk get something delivered to you :) ?

Yes, thank you. :D They were so good about delivering the package that I didn't even have a chance to inquire before it was placed before me. I had some that night, and actually finished it off last night. Yum.

I'll thank you publicly for your thoughtfulness. :) A proper note is in the mail.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet. Did you have a nice time at the party???

Wish I could have met you. Guess you'll have to do another Alaska cruise, eh ?

OK. The Amsterdam itinerary is good enough to do over and over.

Or, you could do the 10-day New England/Canada, or the Maasdam spring repositioning. Both cruises stop in Newport, RI. It's an easy ride from my house (this is RI---everywhere is an easy ride from everywhere else).

Glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise. We are in this sailing next July and have read a few posts about rough seas that have caught my eye. Can you elaborate on how rough? I don't get seasick but can't say that I enjoy rough seas! Would love to hear more...

We are in this sailing next July and have read a few posts about rough seas that have caught my eye. Can you elaborate on how rough? I don't get seasick but can't say that I enjoy rough seas! Would love to hear more...

The Cruise Log doesn't list how high the seas were (I just checked), and I never knew while aboard.

Remember, though, that I have trouble walking, and use a cane at all times while aboard. I was glad I had the cane, and leaned heavily on it most of the time that day. The seas didn't make me at all sick, just tired from trying to stay upright.

We were going against the Japan Current, at an angle, on a stormy day. Had we been going exactly opposite, I believe it wouldn't have felt rough. It did calm down significantly when we turned up Cook Inlet; that was a little after 6:00 PM. Very smooth for the rest of the evening.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise. We are in this sailing next July and have read a few posts about rough seas that have caught my eye. Can you elaborate on how rough? I don't get seasick but can't say that I enjoy rough seas! Would love to hear more...

I don't recall anyone on the previous cruises mentioning a "rough sea day" before Anchorage. Like Ruth said, it happened due to a combination of circumstances. Actually, I had heard the first sea day out of Seattle could be rough---and it wasn't!

Some people weren't bothered, but I SURE was!! And, I don't get seasick. OK--- only rarely, after 21 cruises. I didn't take a meclizine, because they made me sleepy. After I had a green apple (recommended for motion sickness), I did feel better and headed up to the Lido around 3 for lunch.

Archived