Complimentary specialty dining

patiolaterns

We have booked a cabin on deck 7 - category 1C cabin on the Quest for Sept/2010. Was pretty sure last year (when we reserved) it was mentioned that we would receive 2 complimentary dining options at either specialty restaurants on the Quest (looking thru paperwork to see if it was recorded) However, upon receiving our boarding documents today our TA advises that this is for suites only and does not apply to our booking.:confused:

Does anyone know if during the rebranding of Azamara that we would still be offered this perk?

It has changed,

used to be suggested tip of $5 pp now its a $15pp charge for non suite guests and complimentary for suite guests.

Its still a great value, only $20 per couple more than before and well worth it...

Last year the $5.00 charge was supposed to be gratuities to the servers. I always gave more so the difference really isn't that much.

Just wondering - now that there is a $15 mandated charge for this for non-suiters, is an additional gratuity "in order" - expected? Perhaps in reality the charge is more like $20 per person? I really have not seen this adressed anywhere but perhaps since now gratuities are included in the fare, it doesn't apply? Are gratuities / service charge automatically added to bar bills?

Just wondering - now that there is a $15 mandated charge for this for non-suiters, is an additional gratuity "in order" - expected? Perhaps in reality the charge is more like $20 per person? I really have not seen this adressed anywhere but perhaps since now gratuities are included in the fare, it doesn't apply? Are gratuities / service charge automatically added to bar bills?

Hi Sue !

I asked Azamara, and they said the $15.00 Per Person charged for Non-Suite guests, is the total amount. No additional gratuity is expected. Specialty Dining is complimentary for Suite guests.

The fee is suggested.

Prior to the changes in April, there was a suggested $5. gratuity, however, this is what is currently shown on their website, and it appears not to be an optional fee:

Club Suite guests are welcome to dine in our Specialty dining restaurants every night of the voyage at no charge. Guests booked in Club Veranda, Club Oceanview and Club Interior staterooms will have two nights guaranteed seating. For the remainder of the voyage, stateroom guests are welcome in our Specialty restaurants based on availability. A cover of US $15 applies to all stateroom guests.

Thanks Andy!

My pleasure Sue !

BTW, I heard back on your question regarding bar grautities. Yes, they are also included, but there is an option to offer an additional gratuity, should you choose to do so. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

If you booked prior to changes, you may still opt to pay the $5 fee. Azamara was very flexible with this item. Many people have complained and we were not even given a bill at the end of one of our the dinners. The fee is low and the service is good. They really want to avoid any bad feelings about what was and what is. There has been too much bad press about a $15 vs. $5 fee. When you pay thousands for a cruise, the fee is not important. Why not increase the cruise by another $60 and include 2 specialty dinners without the fee. Nobody would object and the issue would end.

It doesn't matter when you booked. If you CRUISE after April, the fee is $15. All conditions regarding cruises after April apply no matter when you book. Therefore, your gratuities are also included in the cruise price. The ship personnel have no way when charging to tell who booked when.

It doesn't matter when you booked. If you CRUISE after April, the fee is $15. All conditions regarding cruises after April apply no matter when you book. Therefore, your gratuities are also included in the cruise price. The ship personnel have no way when charging to tell who booked when.

You mean you can't have it both ways ... i.e. have the increased specialty dining fee waived, but take advantage of the included wine, shuttles and gratuities? ;)

Archived