Bucket of Beer..W/O Beer

trucruz

Can I get the Bar Service waiters to bring me a bucket of ice while I am relaxing in one of the lounge chairs? I would be glad to tip him $5.00 or whatever you think is the right thing to do.

I have a reason for asking this. We are sailing on the Fantasy 7 night cruise. We have three days at sea. I have read all the reviews and everyone says there is only one pool, and it is packed. I bought a spray bottle that I will fill with water in the room. I would like to put it in the bucket and mist myself to cool off.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions.

Personally I would think the ice would melt pretty quickly and your 'mist' may get warm? I would suggest get an 'ice bucket' from your room steward (I always get this to keep my white wine on ice) and 'icing' down your spray bottle in the room before going out - I would think that would keep it colder? And of course you could always take that bucket up with you on deck (and get it refilled if necessary?).

A lot of people also bring their own 'collapsible coolers' which they fill with ice to keep drinks cold in their cabin - this might be another option?

Can I get the Bar Service waiters to bring me a bucket of ice while I am relaxing in one of the lounge chairs? I would be glad to tip him $5.00 or whatever you think is the right thing to do.

I have a reason for asking this. We are sailing on the Fantasy 7 night cruise. We have three days at sea. I have read all the reviews and everyone says there is only one pool, and it is packed. I bought a spray bottle that I will fill with water in the room. I would like to put it in the bucket and mist myself to cool off.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions.

You could just bring the ice bucket from your room. THe stewards generally will keep it full if you ask them.

The bartenders will give you a bucket of ice. Waiters probably will too. I generally tip the bar tender $1.00.
ave done it many tim

I concur, and have done so many times. Leave the ice bucket in the your cabin, and just ask for from any of the Lido bars :)

I ask room steward at 1st chance, 1st day boarding..and when needed, to have one brought to my cabin for my own wine..and put it in the shower/floor..Always accommodated with $2 tip. you can transfer to ice bucket, wrap in a towel to insulate more, tote bag..pool-done

Archived