Transportation to Deadliest Catch Tour

Junonia

Hi All,

I made reservations directly with this tour a few months back, and now that the time is upon us, I cannot remember how to get to the tour!

Does anyone know if it's walkable or if I need to grab a cab?

Thanks!

Juno

Very walkable if mobile and depending on where your ship docks. On the Oosterdam in 2008 we docked within steps to the boat. It was literally right off our balcony so we had a great view. This year, the Amsterdam docked downtown so a bit furthe rawy, and the walk was maybe 10 minutes, if that.

There are several free shuttle buses that run from the docks around town. If you are on Princess, you can grab a shuttle or you can walk (maybe 10-15 minutes). When I was in Ketchikan a week or so ago, the DC boat was docked near the HAL ship and not far from NCL.

When I did Deadliest Catch a few weeks ago, Kiwi was at the end of the pier with a sign directing us to just walk down to the Allutian Ballard. At that time, the AB was docked very near the Tongass OUtlet if you know where that is. Basically, they bring down the AB and dock her right in the middle of all the cruise ships so everyone can walk.

You'll love this trip. I have lots of photos posted if you are interested.

Cheryl :)

Generally speaking, get off of ship, walk to the left, go down the ramp and the Aleutian Ballad is on your right. Very simple. We booked directly with them and not the ship and also wondered about this and also the times on our first trip and then felt very foolish that we had worried so much :)

have a great time and get ready for the most amazing eagles you will ever see! Video below does not even come close to doing it justice!

Hi All,

I made reservations directly with this tour a few months back, and now that the time is upon us, I cannot remember how to get to the tour!

Does anyone know if it's walkable or if I need to grab a cab?

Thanks!

Juno

We were just on this tour on 8-13-10. We were on the NCL Pearl and the boat was waiting for us directly off the gangway. It could not have been any closer. Other lines may have a short walk. It seemed like the ships were all in a row so it is close.

It is definitely walkable as long as you have no physical limitations. My mom who has bad knees and feet took the free shuttle to the dock from the Golden Princess. Although she still had to walk a little. The captain of the Alleutian drove her back himself! What a nice guy!

Call then- they will know where you are going to dock and how far it is. I just spoke with them and thought that they said there was a small bus if it wasn't just next door. We are scheduling our second trip out with them- it is a wonderful day.

Generally speaking, get off of ship, walk to the left, go down the ramp and the Aleutian Ballad is on your right. Very simple. We booked directly with them and not the ship and also wondered about this and also the times on our first trip and then felt very foolish that we had worried so much :)

have a great time and get ready for the most amazing eagles you will ever see! Video below does not even come close to doing it justice!

Really nice video! Thanks for posting it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just did the tour a few days ago- the boat is literally docked right alongside all of the cruise ships. Very walkable (although the walk is a little longer than it looks and I'd recommend taking a very quick cab ride if it's pouring and you are more than one ship's length away. Don't want to start off the tour soaking wet because it gets cold out there). The boat was literally docked RIGHT in front of the Holland America boat (as in, practically touching!) when we were there about four days ago. Have fun!!

Archived