Princess Emerald v RCCL Jewel

kimberley

We can't make up our minds between 10 nights on the Emerald or the Jewel. One is mainly Caribbean the other is classed as the ultimate Caribbean and Panama. We have done the ports before. So here is the question which do we go for? We are Diamond plus with Royal and Platinum with Princess. Which one do you think I would get the most benefits from? We love both cruiselines. Just unsure with these two ships. Thanks Kimberley

We can't make up our minds between 10 nights on the Emerald or the Jewel. One is mainly Caribbean the other is classed as the ultimate Caribbean and Panama. We have done the ports before. So here is the question which do we go for? We are Diamond plus with Royal and Platinum with Princess. Which one do you think I would get the most benefits from? We love both cruiselines. Just unsure with these two ships. Thanks Kimberley

I also enjoyed the Jewel, but my preference is the Emerald - I prefer Princess over RCCL: self-serve laundry, free internet minutes, ability to bring wine on board without fearing the "naughty room". When we did the Transatlantic on the Jewel we didn't think there were that many activities. We just prefer the over all package from Princess and probably will not sail on RCCL again.

If you've done all the ports before on both, it sounds kind of boring to me;.

You would think so, but in fact repeat itineraries allow me to really relax. or stay on board and have the ship to myself, or pehaps seek out something I'd missed the first time(s) around. And if the price is really right, it is an even easier choice

These ships fit well with the time scale. The only alternative would have been one week on the Ruby or crown and probably a five nighter on the Rccl Navigator. Such decisions to be made. My daughter and boyfriend that are in the other cabin have never cruise Princess so they wouldn't get any perks with Princess would they. Thanks for all your help.

Archived