La Bistro

Adkmom

I agree, definitely worth it. It's very quiet, great service and great food selection. I had the filet mignon as an entree, which was cooked perfectly. Also had the escargot, some soup, two desserts... :)

Le Bistro has the best mushroom soup in a sourdough bowl that I have ever tasted. The filet mignon has always been superb and cooked to perfection. The chocolate fondue for two is an awesome desert. We always request extra bananas to dip in the decadent chocolate.

We haven't been on Epic yet. My comments are based on several experiences in Le Bistro on other NCL ships...Dawn, Star, Gem, Pearl and, Spirit.

Le Bistro has the best mushroom soup in a sourdough bowl that I have ever tasted. The filet mignon has always been superb and cooked to perfection. The chocolate fondue for two is an awesome desert. We always request extra bananas to dip in the decadent chocolate.

We haven't been on Epic yet. My comments are based on several experiences in Le Bistro on other NCL ships...Dawn, Star, Gem, Pearl and, Spirit.

The mushroom soup in a sourdough bowl is long gone from the LeBistro menu (unless there is a ship that for some reason is still using the old menu). You now get youjr mushroom soup in an ordinary soup bowl, with a strange presentation in which the soup is poured into a bowl that has mushrooms sitting on the bottom at your table. I find it to be an affectation that borders on the laughable. All you need is a waiter with a phony French accent to complete the scene.

The mushroom soup in a sourdough bowl is long gone from the Le Bistro menu (unless there is a ship that for some reason is still using the old menu).

Sorry to hear that. Someone posted Epic menus so I assume the menu I saw for Le Bistro is the current one for Epic. The appetizers list Cream of Four Mushroom Soup (crusty Sourdough loaf). I just assumed the Crusty Sourdough Loaf was the bread bowl but I guess I assumed incorrectly. How ever it is served, I'm sure it will be great and I won't be disappointed.

Sorry to hear that. Someone posted Epic menus so I assume the menu I saw for Le Bistro is the current one for Epic. The appetizers list Cream of Four Mushroom Soup (crusty Sourdough loaf). I just assumed the Crusty Sourdough Loaf was the bread bowl but I guess I assumed incorrectly. How ever it is served, I'm sure it will be great and I won't be disappointed.

Who knows, perhaps the Epic has gone back to the bread bowl? My experience is based on two recent cruises on other NCL ships, the Dawn and Gem.

Who knows, perhaps the Epic has gone back to the bread bowl? My experience is based on two recent cruises on other NCL ships, the Dawn and Gem.

No, you're right - no more bread bowl. Chef Eric Cousins who designed the new menu changed it to a regular bowl and the mushrooms are placed there and then liquid added. DH just had it in Aug. on Epic.

The food overall was really good. We ate there a few times!

This is what someone posted a few weeks ago:[/color][/font][/color][/center][/left]

LE BISTRO MENU - $20

STARTERS

Terrine de Foie Gras (Foie Gras Terrine, Pear Chutney, Brioche, Port Wine Reduction)

Asparagus Grillees (Grilled Asparagus, Orange Hollandaise, ****ake Mushroom)

Escargots Bourguignon (Garlic-herb Butter)

Moules Poulette Au Pernod (Steamed Mussels, Pernod-fennel Broth)

Coquilles St. Jacques Provencal (Seared Scallops, Eggplant, Tomato, Pine Nuts, Olive Oil)

Onion Soup au Gratin (Gruyere Cheese, Brandy)

Cream of Four Mushroom Soup (Crusty Sourdough Loaf)

Salade Gourmande (Salad of Frisee, Endive, Smoked Duck and Walnuts, Champagne Vinaigrette)

HOUSE SPECIALTIES

Fruits de Mer (Lobster, Shrimp, Scallops and Fennel in Puff Pastry, Vermouth and Chive Cream)

Homard Rotis Aux Beurre (Butter Roasted Lobster Tail, Artichokes, Chateau Potatoes)

MEATS, SEAFOOD, POULTRY

Grilled Swordfish Loin (Braised Pancetta, Lentils, Garlic-Ginger Butter)

Filet of Atlantic Salmon (Sautéed Swiss Chard, Morel Mushroom Cream Sauce)

Mediterranean Fish Soup Bouillabaisse Style (Sea Scallops, Snapper, Halibut, Pernod-saffron Broth, Rouille Dip)

Filet de Boeuf Grille (Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Portobello Mushrooms, Roquefort Potato Gratin, Green Peppercorn Sauce)

Coq Au Vin (Burgundy Chicken, Mushrooms, Pearl Onions, Bacon)

Filet de Porc Au Romarin (Rosemary Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Glazed Apples, Calvados Cream)

Duo de Canard (Breast of Duck and Duck Confit, Parisienne Potatoes, French Beans, Madeira Sauce)

Roasted Rack of Lamb (Sautéed Artichokes, Cherry Tomatoes, Zucchini, Green Olive Sauce)

Vegetarian Napoleon of Portobello Mushrooms and Vegetables (Puff Pastry, Goat Cheese, Red Pepper, Sweet Potato, Beurre Blanc Sauce)

DESSERTS

Vanilla Crème Brulee (Berry Basket, Sable Cookie)

Chocolate Napoleon (Flourless Chocolate Cake, Hazelnut Crunch, Gianduja Cream)

Classic Warm Apple Tatin (Caramelized Walnut Cream)

Caramel, Vanilla and Lemon Profiteroles

Chocolate Fondue for Two (Golden Pineapple, Bananas, Strawberries)

Ice Cream Assorted Flavors

A Sampling of Camembert, Goat Cheese, Roquefort and Munster Cheese

Archived