Pool towels at sailaway

lauritagoddess

From my experience, there usually is a person who will give you a towel after you "check it out" by giving them your room number and signing a slip of paper. When you return the towel, they discard the paper or if you don't return it, you get charged $25.00 for the towel.

When you get to your room, your regular pool towels will be there but you can't normally get to your room until around 2:30 ish.

If the weather is not pleasant though, they may not staff the towel "hut".

there are always towels avialable.. if you dont see anyone at the towel station then go to the gym and they can get them for you... or speak to anyone of the staff and you will be treated well...

Enjoy your cruise... we have enjoyed the previous 17 we have been on and look forward to number 18 and 19 already booked!!!;)

there are always towels avialable.. if you dont see anyone at the towel station then go to the gym and they can get them for you... or speak to anyone of the staff and you will be treated well...

Enjoy your cruise... we have enjoyed the previous 17 we have been on and look forward to number 18 and 19 already booked!!!;)

Thanks for the info! :)

I have had others state there are pool towels in stateroom. Are these to be returned also or be charged $25?

Absolutely. If I think I am going to need beach towels off the ship (like a beach excursion) I pack some older ones from home as I don't want to risk getting charged the fee for misplacing the ship's expensive towels.

I am a complete newbie, just starting to think about cruising, but I am suddenly developing a real paranoia about pool towels. I hear about people "saving" pool chairs with towels, but aren't they worried about their $25 towels going missing? I hate the thought of packing towels (they are so darn heavy and bulky), but it just might save my sanity.

(Or...are towels going missing really not a problem. Someone please make fun of me and tell me not to worry!);)

Archived