Just back from Caribbean Princess 8/21 - 8/28 Canada/NE Cruise

njdevil08

We had a great time and I'll be posting a detailed review shortly! Yes, we're home already, so that shows you how great disembarkation was. Please post any questions right here on this thread and I'll answer them as best as I can. Yes, I have patters and some other information and I'll post them ASAP, request whatever you'd like. Now it's unpacking time. :(

Welcome home njdevil08,hope you had a great cruise.My wife and I sail on Caribbean Princess 9-4.This will be our 20th cruise however anything that stood out to you{good or not so good} would be appriciated.Hope you had a great cruise! Tom

Thanks everyone for the welcome back! I'm already having withdrawal.:( I'm going to get working on my review, just have to finish unpacking and buy some groceries before it's up. In the meantime, I'll answer a few quick questions.

Welcome Home!

I love the CB! I would love to hear how you spent your port days. Any stand outs?

Thanks,

Bella

Newport - it rained basically the whole day and wasn't too warm so we couldn't do the cliff walk or walk around town like we planned. Instead, we took public busses to Touro Synagogue and had an informative tour. Then we took the bus to the tennis hall of fame, which was very interesting for us tennis fans. Finally, we went to the Breakers via the bus but it was very crowded and we didn't go outside due to the weather. We got back onto the ship mid-afternoon.

Boston - worst weather of the cruise....POURING rain and terrible wind. We booked Old Town Trolley but honestly it ended up not being worth it due to the weather. We went to the New England Aquarium to spend some time inside, then went to Fanueil Hall and tried to do some Freedom Trail via the trolley but the weather ended up so bad that we returned to the ship by 2 PM.

Bar Harbor - finally the weather was beautiful! We took the 2.5 hour tour on Oli's Trolley of Bar Harbor and Acadia and had a great time and took some great pictures. The view from Cadillac Mountain was fantastic. We spent the afternoon walking around town near the pier and did a little shoppoing.

Saint John - We did the Big Pink Hop on/hop off bus. We went to the reversing falls, and around town. We then went to Market Square to do some shopping and visited the New Brunswick Museum, which was interesting. Overall, we think the Pink Bus was expensive and probably not worth it, but we still had fun.

Halifax - WOW! The day started out so foggy we could actually not see the ocean from out balcony. The ship was blowing its horn the whole night. We took a tour of Halifax including the public gardens, citadel, and titanic cemetery and also did a coastal drive to Peggy's Cove with Your Cab Tours. Jonathan was the tour guide and I would HIGHLY reccommend him!

Overall - favorite ports were Bar Harbor and Halifax. Boston/Newport both would have been better if the weather was nicer, but we still had good times in both places. We liked Saint John the least, it was very industrial-looking and we were very disappointed with the Reversing Falls (not quite what we envisioned). In the future, if we stopped there, we'd probably take a cab to St. Martins to do the cave walking or do one of the coastal drives of the Bay of Fundy.

Keep the questions coming!

Welcome home njdevil08,hope you had a great cruise.My wife and I sail on Caribbean Princess 9-4.This will be our 20th cruise however anything that stood out to you{good or not so good} would be appriciated.Hope you had a great cruise! Tom

The ship itself was beautiful, very well kept and everything. We found the food ranged from good - excellent in the dining room. The service was, for the most part, great, with the exception of one waiter we had for AD in the Coral dining room. Our entertainment highlight was Martin Kaye on the piano in Crooner's every night. He was absolutely phenomenal. As I mentioned, Saint John was the only port we didn't love.

njdevil08,thank you,I noticed on ship cam the fog you spoke of the only thing I can say was as bad as it looked did it surpass your best day at work(lol)We had been planning some excurtions,thak you for your review.Some sound sooo great on the web site and when you book them they end up overpriced and you find you could do better locally,or just by yourself,but all in all the journey is its own reward isnt it. thanks Tom.

Sorry about the drippy weather at the beginning of the cruise. Boston is such a fun city. I am sorry that you had to miss so much of it due to the weather.:(

We've actually been to Boston before so we've seen quite a bit. Luckily we have or I may have been a bit sadder about the weather.

We've actually been to Boston before so we've seen quite a bit. Luckily we have or I may have been a bit sadder about the weather.

A very close friend of mine was on this sailing with 20 or 22 of her family and friends! I am looking forward to hearing how it was for her as well!

She did text me lots about the rain in Newport and Boston...

The unlimited lobster tails Thursaday night at the buffet was great. Small but when you eat double digits. WOW!!!

Fisrt night had unlimited lobster claws. Also great.

Were the lobster claws/ tails also served in the MDR?

Archived