Caribbean Princess August 21 - 28 REVIEW (VERY long!!)

njdevil08

We took the Amtrak train to NYC Penn Station from Baltimore and stayed in a hotel at Times Sq. for 3 nts. To get to the port, we used Dial 7 car service which I booked on line using economy town car ($39) and paid tunnel fee of $5.50 plus tip.

At disembarkation, outside the terminal there was actually a line of yellow taxis and a line of black cars for hire (but we weren't aware they were for hire). DH was concerned about using a cab and had me call Dial 7 for a car (only $38 to Penn Station). Standing on our balcony observing movement of people from terminal we assumed that the line of black cars were waiting on passengers and we were unaware that they were actually there avail for hire. The pickup area is in another place along the curved sidewalk. People who parked at the terminal & carried their own suitcases to their car were able to get out of the terminal area a whole lot faster than those in the pickup line.

Not sure there is a subway station near the cruise port.

I was also on this cruise and am thoroughly enjoying your review. I can hardly wait for Halifax and the sea day! Halifax was probably my favorite. We did the Titanic and the cemetery.

I am cruising on 9/4 on this same cruise and signed up for the Titanic cemetery combo tour (forgot what else it includes). How was that tour?

I am cruising on 9/4 on this same cruise and signed up for the Titanic cemetery combo tour (forgot what else it includes). How was that tour?

The cemetery tour was probably the best. The museum/memorial was also great, but the cemetery was the most moving. Our guide told us stories about the different graves and the souls who populate them. I wish I had read up a bit about them before I took the tour. But it was pretty awesome.

Great Review, it has really helped. One question though, have you been able to scan the patters yet, or did you post them and I missed them somewhere. No hurry, if you haven't, I am just excited to see them.

Yeah I have them...I'll scan them as soon as I figure out how to work my scanner haha.

I was also on this cruise and am thoroughly enjoying your review. I can hardly wait for Halifax and the sea day! Halifax was probably my favorite. We did the Titanic and the cemetery.

Apologizing to everyone...the past few days at work have been CRAZY! I guess that's my payback for a week's vacation. I'll have the next installment up tonight.

By the way, the coffee coupon is unfortunately gone. I sent it to another poster a few days ago. Also gone is 15 min. of internet and the lotus spa packages.

Everything eles is still available (including boutique discounts)

Hello!

Thanks for posting this detailed review! I love that you've included details about the ports as I will be on the CB in a couple of weeks and I've gotten some really great ideas from your trip report!

I'm glad you had a great cruise!

Archived