Bridge Tour ?

Suncoaster

Hi,

So close now, and I'm thinking of last minute questions, probably asked them when we booked 7 months ago, but have forgotten.

Do they still have Bridge tours? and if so is it like 4yrs ago, we go and inquiry at the Pursers desk and wait for an invite?

Thanks Val

Hi,

So close now, and I'm thinking of last minute questions, probably asked them when we booked 7 months ago, but have forgotten.

Do they still have Bridge tours? and if so is it like 4yrs ago, we go and inquiry at the Pursers desk and wait for an invite?

Thanks Val

invitations only these days.as far as i am awear of.

Still no harm done to put your name down at the pursers desk.

Another thing you could try if you really want to visit the bridge is a letter to the Captain direct.

Its amazing what a letter can do sometimes, however it all depends on the Captain and his Security Officer .

Still no harm done to put your name down at the pursers desk.

Another thing you could try if you really want to visit the bridge is a letter to the Captain direct.

Its amazing what a letter can do sometimes, however it all depends on the Captain and his Security Officer .

Some advice on doing something like this, don't tell your fellow passengers, cause once the word gets out, there will be people on the ship crying and ripping their hair out because they didn't get the opportunity lol

Sorry, I have just seen FAR TO MANY people go crazy because someone got to do something and they didn't :rolleyes:

Uh to live a stress free life!

Some advice on doing something like this, don't tell your fellow passengers, cause once the word gets out, there will be people on the ship crying and ripping their hair out because they didn't get the opportunity lol

You are so right on there.:D

On one cruise we were on , we had a very large Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. It was attended by Senior Officers and the Captain. It was just before lunch so at midday most folk took off to the food, but a small group stayed on chatting witht the Captain who was in no hurry to rush away. Ended up with him saying that he had to make the midday announcements, but because he had enjoyed chatting "ships" with him, he invited the twelve of us that were left to meet him at the door to the bridge, and he would show us over.

It was great....but wouldnt you know....I had left the camera in the cabin and did not have enough time to rush back and get it.:eek:

I couldn't even put my name down at the pursers desk last time on the sun, so next time will try the letter to the captain.

I did a bridge tour on the Pacific Sky. It wasn't advertised but I asked at the pursers desk and they took my name. An invitation was left in our cabin and there was quite a group of us went in the end. You are right though, when people found out they were ****ty about it.

Chances are they will charge you for the privilege nowadays, seems to be how everything is going, unless you really pull the right strings of someone up there :)

On the Princess ships, (overseas, not sure about Au/NZ), they offer the UST tour. Ultimate Ships Tour, where for $150 you can book a complete tour of the ship which includes, the bridge,laundry, galley,photo lab,backstaage, and even up into the funnel. Numbers are limited , and you get gifts at the end of the tour. Bookings can only be made once on board, and you are notified if your application for the tour is successful.

On the Princess ships, (overseas, not sure about Au/NZ), they offer the UST tour. Ultimate Ships Tour, where for $150 you can book a complete tour of the ship which includes, the bridge,laundry, galley,photo lab,backstaage, and even up into the funnel. Numbers are limited , and you get gifts at the end of the tour. Bookings can only be made once on board, and you are notified if your application for the tour is successful.

hi David, they offer it on the Dawn & Sun also

Strictly speaking, in these post 9/11 days, tours of the bridge are a no-no, however in reality it is entirely up to the discretion of the Captain, and it will never be made public knowledge if they are offered

Captain Paoletti complies strictly with the no-tour rule, however he does an amazing 2 hour presentation in the show lounge on the all the aspects of the operation of the ship. He does an amazing job, and the two hours flies by and leaves you hanging for more. Other Captains will do a question and answer session with the Cruise Director.

In 2007 we did a bridge tour of Pacific Star with Captain Jerman, which was a special treat, especially as it ended up being on my birthday.

We have been on thre bridge tours so far yes they are very hard to get to do:D some may you can not and some may say you can but its totaly up to the captian of the day:D

Archived