pesticides for bed bugs

Jennfor5

Permethrin is the name of the chemical. Lots of brands use the same chemical. Check in your local drug store. Look in the section for head-lice treatment. There is a bedding spray there, and you can also use it on luggage for bed bugs. It may come in an aerosol can, or in a bottle with a pump spray.

If you search Amazon for bed bug spray, you will find some there as well.

Look for the Repel brand.........Its actually called Permanone and comes in a aeresol can. The main ingredient is Permethrin. Places like Wal Mart will have it in their sporting goods section.

Im not sure how it works on bed bugs but it will certainly keep ticks and chiggers away so I imagine it will be very effective. I use it during turkey season. Just dont get it on your skin and you will be fine :)

Look for the Repel brand.........Its actually called Permanone and comes in a aeresol can. The main ingredient is Permethrin.

Im not sure how it works on bed bugs but it will certainly keep ticks and chiggers away. I use it during turkey season.

That's another great option....you can find this at most outdoor/camping stores.

I hope you're not planning on using this on the ship...you have no idea what future residents of your cabin may be allergic to...IF you were to see signs of bedbugs in your cabin, you should notify housekeeping.

Just don't put your luggage on soft furnishings....keep it on a table or the vanity while packing or unpacking.

I hope you're not planning on using this on the ship...

I would hope that would go without saying. :confused:

OP, Spray your luggage good and let it sit a couple days BEFORE packing and it will be just fine. It lasts up to 6 weeks even on items that are washed.

Right, the idea is to treat your luggage a few days before you pack. Let it air out in a garage or unoccupied space if possible. Same when you return...treat the luggage any try to leave it in an unoccupied space (or trunk of a car) for a few days if possible.

As for not spraying in the cabin, that's probably a good idea. However, if you report bedbugs, they will treat the cabin with permethrin anyway.

Right, the idea is to treat your luggage a few days before you pack. Let it air out in a garage or unoccupied space if possible. Same when you return...treat the luggage any try to leave it in an unoccupied space (or trunk of a car) for a few days if possible.

As for not spraying in the cabin, that's probably a good idea. However, if you report bedbugs, they will treat the cabin with permethrin anyway.

Exactly! Its good preventive maintenance and should certainly help in not picking them up and bringing them back home in your luggage. :) Hopefully its a non issue and there are no bed bugs on the cruise in the first place.

I hope you're not planning on using this on the ship...you have no idea what future residents of your cabin may be allergic to...IF you were to see signs of bedbugs in your cabin, you should notify housekeeping.

Just don't put your luggage on soft furnishings....keep it on a table or the vanity while packing or unpacking.

While you might not be effected by your spraying, others like my husband with Emphysema might be if we get your cabin after you.

I ask all of you people who are thinking of spraying to leave it up to the cruise lines to take care of their cabins.

In all of our many cruises, 29, we have never come across anything like a bedbug.

We have done 15 straight cruises on RCCL so far and not a ship had a bedbug that we knew of.

Archived