Carnival Spirit Alaska Cruise Aug 31, 2010

SeeJennyCruise

Did they hand out a list of excursions and the prices?

It's too early for to see the excursion on the Carnival website for next May. Plus, to view them you have to be paid in full. Gees, what do they think we'll do...go and plan our budget or something horrible like that?? :(:eek:

It's too early for to see the excursion on the Carnival website for next May. Plus, to view them you have to be paid in full. Gees, what do they think we'll do...go and plan our budget or something horrible like that?? :(:eek:

Yes, I have the Fun Ashore booklet that lists shore excursions. It is 22 pages, a little too big to scan and the print is fairly small. Is there anything in particular you would like me to look up?

My Dh and I have always said we wanted to cruise to Alaska. This review sealed it and we will begin making plans to do just that as soon as we get back from our Dream vacation in 2 weeks.

I just want to thank you for all of the glorious pictures and beautiful descriptors. You have a talent. Thanks again!

My Dh and I have always said we wanted to cruise to Alaska. This review sealed it and we will begin making plans to do just that as soon as we get back from our Dream vacation in 2 weeks.

I just want to thank you for all of the glorious pictures and beautiful descriptors. You have a talent. Thanks again!

Think about purchasing a future cruise certificate and you can use it on your Alaska cruise.

Yes, I have the Fun Ashore booklet that lists shore excursions. It is 22 pages, a little too big to scan and the print is fairly small. Is there anything in particular you would like me to look up?

Nothing in particular...just curious. :D

You can see a list of usual excursions on the Carnival Website under destinations. don't go to your cruise but look at the generic section. http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursions.aspx

Thank you so much. I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise on the Dream. You can purchase a future cruise certificate to use on a future Alaskan cruise. :)

Jenny,

I don't know if you will remember the conversation we had about reviews on CC ( I think it was on the bus ride after the train) -- but I have a clear memory of a gleam in your eye as we talked and I thought to myself -- I bet she does one on this trip.

Well you did!! and Jenny you have made the trip come alive again for a lot of people-- Margaret and I have read and re-read your review and have laughed and thrilled to many of the thoughts and feelings you have brought back to our minds with your pictures and words. God bless you and God bless your son on his recovery. Tell him thanks for wearing the uniform and for protecting those he serves.

Maybe some day we will sail again. Tell Terry hello for us.

Eddie and Margaret

I hope you are on a future cruise that I take. I will leave my camera home and we'll get your review printed up (a snap these days) and then you can sell them to us as a book of memories. So now I have two new businesses for you. Perhaps you would like a manager?

Jenny,

I don't know if you will remember the conversation we had about reviews on CC ( I think it was on the bus ride after the train) -- but I have a clear memory of a gleam in your eye as we talked and I thought to myself -- I bet she does one on this trip.

Well you did!! and Jenny you have made the trip come alive again for a lot of people-- Margaret and I have read and re-read your review and have laughed and thrilled to many of the thoughts and feelings you have brought back to our minds with your pictures and words. God bless you and God bless your son on his recovery. Tell him thanks for wearing the uniform and for protecting those he serves.

Maybe some day we will sail again. Tell Terry hello for us.

Eddie and Margaret

I wasn't as sure as you, but I am glad I had the pictures to share and I enjoyed remembering what I hope will be the first of several Alaskan cruises. It was so fun meeting you and Margaret, especially when we found ourselves on the same excursions. Which was your favorite?

Thank you for your kinds words and blessings for Michael. We are so grateful and just can't thank God enough.

Fair weather and following seas to you!

I hope you are on a future cruise that I take. I will leave my camera home and we'll get your review printed up (a snap these days) and then you can sell them to us as a book of memories. So now I have two new businesses for you. Perhaps you would like a manager?

That's funny and thank you! I'll let you know when I am ready to print :p

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!!! ...and OUTSTANDING!!!

This is a brilliant review!!! Love the photos too!!!

I'm just sorry I didn't see it sooner!!! While it was more active!!! BUT you've done a GREAT JOB and I know how special you are anyway!!! You are JOY to cruise with!!!! :D

:cool:

we were on the Spirit for the Alaskan cruise leaving Seattle on Aug 10. We had 7 days of sunshine. All the crew members said that it was the best weather they had ever seen. It was in the 70's &b 80's a lot of the time! Your pics of the Tracy Arm Fjord brought back lots of great memories. Thank you for sharing them!

WOW!!! ...and OUTSTANDING!!!

This is a brilliant review!!! Love the photos too!!!

I'm just sorry I didn't see it sooner!!! While it was more active!!! BUT you've done a GREAT JOB and I know how special you are anyway!!! You are JOY to cruise with!!!! :D

:cool:

Thank you. I keep up with you through the Crazies threads. I hope all is well and that we will find our way onto the same ship again.

we were on the Spirit for the Alaskan cruise leaving Seattle on Aug 10. We had 7 days of sunshine. All the crew members said that it was the best weather they had ever seen. It was in the 70's &b 80's a lot of the time! Your pics of the Tracy Arm Fjord brought back lots of great memories. Thank you for sharing them!

Thanks for posting. You really did have fabulous weather.

I asked my DH where he would like to go next in the U.S. now that we have checked off Alaska. He said Alaska again. I was really surprised thinking of all the places we have yet to see. Alaska was so spectacular, I hope we will be back again sooner than later.

Hi:

This is one of the best reviews I have ever read. I enjoyed every page of it and your Photographs really show the granduer of Alaska. We sailed to Alaska on the Spirit several years ago out of Vancouver, so your review brought back fond memories

We boarded the Spirit just a few weeks after your Cruise for the 12 day Hawaiian Cruise on September 14th. We always enjoy our time on board the Spirit.

I did a review of this Cruise and it is posted here if you should want to read it. If you enjoyed the Alaskan Trip I am sure you would love the Hawaiian Trip.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1279418

Regards,

Chuck aka Cap

Hi:

This is one of the best reviews I have ever read. I enjoyed every page of it and your Photographs really show the granduer of Alaska. We sailed to Alaska on the Spirit several years ago out of Vancouver, so your review brought back fond memories

We boarded the Spirit just a few weeks after your Cruise for the 12 day Hawaiian Cruise on September 14th. We always enjoy our time on board the Spirit.

I did a review of this Cruise and it is posted here if you should want to read it. If you enjoyed the Alaskan Trip I am sure you would love the Hawaiian Trip.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1279418

Regards,

Chuck aka Cap

Thanks so much for the kind words. I am very interested in the Hawaiian Trip and I will be eager to read your review. Thanks for the link!

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to thank you for the awesome review and pictures. I found it by doing a search for "Alaska" as we are thinking of going next year.

Anyway, I really, really enjoyed your review! You have some spectacular photos!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the review. We were just talking this evening that it has been less than two months since we left Alaska. It was the most beautifiul landscape we have ever seen. If you like the mountains and you enjoy the ocean, you are going to love an Alaskan cruise.

• 2 months later...

Hi, don't know if you will see this but I wanted to ask you about the tracy arm excurison. I'm booked on the spirit may 10 2011 and would love to do it but where did you book it? I don't see it on the carnival website. Your pics are fantastic! It's my first cruise and trip to Alaska and your photos have gotten me super excited!

Hi, don't know if you will see this but I wanted to ask you about the tracy arm excurison. I'm booked on the spirit may 10 2011 and would love to do it but where did you book it? I don't see it on the carnival website. Your pics are fantastic! It's my first cruise and trip to Alaska and your photos have gotten me super excited!

Here is a link from Carnival's website: http://www.carnival.com/Port_Of_Call.aspx?portCode=TFJ&itinCode=GLD&embkCode=SEA&durDays=7

I could not find a current link to book the excursion, but it may be too soon. When we booked two months before our cruise, the online information gave us an email address to contact. I don't know if the email address is available year round. Here is the email correspondence that we had when booking our excursion:

From: Spirit Alaska Shore Excursion Tracy Arm [mailto:Alaska.Spirit-TracyArm@carnival.com]

Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 6:55 PM

To: xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx

Subject: RE: Alaska Shore Excursion Reservation-Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer

Dear Guest,

We are happy to confirm your reservation for the Tracy Arm Explorer Tour for your upcoming Alaskan cruise. At this current time we are unable to charge online ahead of time however we will reserve tickets for you. Your tickets will be charged to your onboard Sail & Sign Account on the day of embarkation and will be printed and delivered to your stateroom on the first sea day of the cruise.

Wishing you a very pleasant voyage on the Carnival Spirit.

Best regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 8:22 PM

To: Spirit Alaska Shore Excursion Tracy Arm

Subject: Alaska Shore Excursion Reservation-Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer

Please send confirmation for booking on Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer.

Full Name, as it appears on your booking: ........ and .......

Booking #9xxxxxx

Sail Date, August 31, 2010

Number of adult tickets 2

Archived