30lbs in 30 weeks....................

Dolly Rocker

Yeah I get weighed once a week!

Although cos I've had a bad week or two I got weighed again yesterday & I'm back up again

12st 9lbs!!!!

So all my hard work has been undone I will not be doin that again it soooooo not worth it

L x x x

This weekend I totally ruined my diet. Friends came over and I had pizza and wine. Maybe too many glasses of wine. I have been doing so good thru the week and then this weekend I screwed up. Well it's Monday and I'm back on my diet. I have to step up my workouts. I'm afraid I will try to take diet pills to reach my goal. I'm fighting the urge to buy those stupid pills. I get them at the health food store but I know there not that good. I'm trying to stay positive and not beat myself up to much. I can do this! Everyone have a good week!!!

Add me to the list of those that had a rough weekend! It got super cold here in Cleveland and that is comfort food time in my house! The vino does not help the diet either but sure warms up the inside. :p

I weigh in later today so we will see how much damage but no matter, this is called life and it happens. I am continuing to exercise and will have a better week!

Stay postive everyone. I hope this week is good for everyone! :D

~Stephanie

Add me to the list of those that had a rough weekend! It got super cold here in Cleveland and that is comfort food time in my house! The vino does not help the diet either but sure warms up the inside. :p

I weigh in later today so we will see how much damage but no matter, this is called life and it happens. I am continuing to exercise and will have a better week!

Stay postive everyone. I hope this week is good for everyone! :D

~Stephanie

So you live in Cleveland? Is that Ohio? I know there are different clevelands. If so, we are neighbors. I live in Kent. And it was cold this weekend. Are you on WW? My friend is and lost alot of weight. I'm thinking about joining but I don't want to go to those meetings.

Well, hope to hear from you soon.

Andi

Hello yall, i would like to join in but i have a little more than 30 # and less than 30 weeks to lose it. I am shooting for 1.5 lbs a week so far so good. i have lost 32 lbs since Jan and have kind of stayed there comfortable for a while but now it is time for me to kick this into high gear since i have until April 1st to lose 38.6 lbs to be exact but i know i can do this. I tend to weigh myself daily but my offical weighin days are Fridays. I am doing this with just watching calories and now starting to exercise again.

Good luck to yall and keep your heads up to those who had a bad weekend it is a new week. Have a Blessed week.

Starting weight: 184.6

Height: 5'5

Goal weight: 145 by April 1st

Real goal weight: 135lbs

Right now i am doing the Special K challenge so two of my meals will be Cereals until Oct. 12th. I woke up this morning at 4am and did 100 crunchs cant do full sit ups just yet but i am working on them i did 20 reverse situps (where you lift your legs up to work your lower abs) and side leg lifts then 30 mins on the stationary bike.

BTW my name is Christina i am 29 been married for 4 years an i live in Houston no kids just have my Furkids we have 3 and they are beautiful they truly are my babies.

Well, I had a good week as far as weight loss goes, but mostly because I've been sick for the last three days. Between the fever burning more calories and sweating off water, the lack of appetite and lack of energy to get up and get something to eat, I lost 4 lbs between Saturday and Sunday, and 4.8 for the week. That brings my total weight loss to 9.2 lbs lost since Mid-September.

..."spray butter". Has anybody tried that stuff? I'm trying to figure out what the heck is in it - it's got zero everything on the label. Is it just colored water?

When you spray it on hot vegetables it lets off steam, so I think it's mostly water with a little bit of butter flavor mixed in. I think there may be some fat in it - just not enough to count as a whole calorie per serving.

Are you on WW? My friend is and lost alot of weight. I'm thinking about joining but I don't want to go to those meetings.

Don't fear the meetings! If you have a good leader, they're the best thing about WW. You can go to a meeting feeling discouraged knowing you didn't stay on track and may have gained, and leave the meeting recharged, upbeat and encouraged. If you're really not into the whole meeting thing, you can also do WW online.

Don't fear the meetings! If you have a good leader, they're the best thing about WW. You can go to a meeting feeling discouraged knowing you didn't stay on track and may have gained, and leave the meeting recharged, upbeat and encouraged. If you're really not into the whole meeting thing, you can also do WW online.

Ok. I think I will look into the ww online. Thanks. I did'nt realize they did it that way. Looking forward to losing these lbs and having some energy. Hope your feeling better.

I love W/W online...they've got a ton of info on there. I also use their app on my Ipad.

My weigh in is Thursday (got my fingers crossed). Been eating right and walking...and even a little running. My problem is I really need to tone up, I totally hate the looks of my stomach.:( I do the crunches but because I have a bad neck, they kill me. Does anyone know any good ab workouts that don't pull on your neck?

Hope everyone is having a great week, keep up the good work!!!

~Gail

A little info about me:

Live in New Hampshire

43 Years Old

Been married 24 years

Have a 22 year old daughter at college studying to be a nurse.

I'm an office manager at my husbands business.

On our cruise in January, we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary, my husband's 50th birthday and my daughter's (first degree) and best friend's graduation from college.:D

I love W/W online...they've got a ton of info on there. I also use their app on my Ipad.

My weigh in is Thursday (got my fingers crossed). Been eating right and walking...and even a little running. My problem is I really need to tone up, I totally hate the looks of my stomach.:( I do the crunches but because I have a bad neck, they kill me. Does anyone know any good ab workouts that don't pull on your neck?

Hope everyone is having a great week, keep up the good work!!!

~Gail

A little info about me:

Live in New Hampshire

43 Years Old

Been married 24 years

Have a 22 year old daughter at college studying to be a nurse.

I'm an office manager at my husbands business.

On our cruise in January, we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary, my husband's 50th birthday and my daughter's (first degree) and best friend's graduation from college.:D

I'm going to join ww online this week. I've been walking on the treadmill for 30 to 35 minutes each day. But I really want to step up my workout. I think I'm going to go get Jackie Warners new video. For the abs and cardio so I can burn off these lbs.

We go on our cruise Nov. 27th. It will be our 18th anniversary on December 5th while we are on the cruise. We can't wait. I just wish I could drop a dress size before we go. Well have a good week. Talk to you later.

Ok, well I have found that planning to work out at night just doesn't work!!! Something always seems to come between me and the treadmill. Mornings are now going to be my best friend as the only thing stopping me is sleep and my stupity.

I read others saying they don't get enough sleep...this is definitely not my problem. I normally get around 9 to 9.5 hours sleeping from 9:00/9:30 till 6:30. My husband is up at 5:30 and there is no excusable reason for me not to do the same. I have a small fortune invested in our home gym just waiting for me.

Tomorrow is my day, I know I feel so much better when I get done what I need to do first thing. Then if my husband and I have time to walk home from work in the evening (4 miles), I can and it will just be an even bigger bonus to my day.

I will (honestly) post tomorrow how I made out.

Night all...sweet dreams dreaming about your up upcoming cruise and being gorgeous!!:D

~Gail

PS: Why bother staying up when I've got no points left?!?! :eek:

... I do the crunches but because I have a bad neck, they kill me. Does anyone know any good ab workouts that don't pull on your neck?

Crunches or sit-ups always hurt my neck until I learned to do them this way: Don't put your hands under your neck. Instead, cross them over your chest. Try raising your chest - not your neck. Pick a spot on the ceiling and focus on it as you do your crunches. This will help you resist the urge to lift with your neck. To get the best results from your crunches, always suck in your stomach as you do them. The trainer from my "turning 30 weight loss" taught me this, and it made a huge difference.

The trainer from my "turning 40 weight loss" taught me to do planks. http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/abdominalcorestrength1/qt/plank.htm My trainer started me out with 3 sets of holding this for 10 seconds, and I gradually worked up to 3 sets of 30 seconds. He also had me doing the side planks.

Crunches or sit-ups always hurt my neck until I learned to do them this way: Don't put your hands under your neck. Instead, cross them over your chest. Try raising your chest - not your neck. Pick a spot on the ceiling and focus on it as you do your crunches. This will help you resist the urge to lift with your neck. To get the best results from your crunches, always suck in your stomach as you do them. The trainer from my "turning 30 weight loss" taught me this, and it made a huge difference.

The trainer from my "turning 40 weight loss" taught me to do planks. http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/abdominalcorestrength1/qt/plank.htm My trainer started me out with 3 sets of holding this for 10 seconds, and I gradually worked up to 3 sets of 30 seconds. He also had me doing the side planks.

Thank you so much for this information, I'll give it a try.

My morning plans did not work out as I planned...I'm a lazy butt!!! I've told my husband to put a firecracker under the bed in the morning to get me up!! Will try again tomorrow!!

Rainy and cold in NH, so no walking home tonight. Gotta go do some grociery shopping and buy myself a new scale...you know somethings not working when you weigh 4 pounds more in the morning than you did the night before!?:eek:

Hope everyone is staying motivated....you are sooooooo worth it!!

~Gail

Today I was able to walk on the treadmill 30 min. Went a mile. Then my husband came home early and we went on a walk at a nearby park. It was 1.8 miles. I want to get up to 4 miles a day. It felt really good walking. The treadmill is good but going outside was great. Even if it was sprinkling.

Good luck everyone. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Thanks for the advice about how to do crunches. I could really feel the burn. And OMG the plank excerise almost killed me but I'm going to keep doing it till I can lift my leg and my arm. The more I do it the stronger I'll get. Thank you for the info.

Happy Thursday everyone! I actually typed Friday, then had to edit. I've had this Friday feeling all day!

I've read all the posts about the various exercises, so I will have to confess here that I have done none. Nada. Zippo. I've got all the usual excuses, but excuses don't make the pounds go away. Neither does paying for a gym membership, which I did last Saturday. And just for the record, my scale has not budged, even though I've done very good all week. My worst day by far was yesterday. Wednesday night is church dinner night, and I just ate what was there; Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles & peas. I did pass on dessert ( FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER), and my total calories for the day were still under 1900, so I'm not going to stew about that. Today is another day, and I am fully back on the wagon. Oatmeal for breakfast, Chicken & Stars soup for lunch, & eggwhite omelet with turkey bacon for dinner.

Tomorrow - I conquer the gym! Or it conquers me. One of those two.

Did my weigh in this morning and the scale says I gained 1.4 pounds!!! :eek:

I should be screaming but I'm not! The reason being my scale died on Tuesday so I bought a new one last night which I used for the first time today. I'm thinking my old one was not correct. Everything is looser on me this week and people are actually noticing that I've lost weight so I'm not going to worry about it and just start fresh with this scale.

Tomorrow we are going to the Fryeburg Fair in Maine...lots of temptations but I'll survive and we'll be doing lots of walking.

So next week, I look forward to reporting a weight loss!!!

Take care everyone...be strong!!!:)

I think most people get more out of WW by going to the meetings (I did both - first meetings, then online). But, I didn't enjoy the meetings because of the leaders. Some are great and some... well, you know...

Personally, I think the online program is way too much money for what you get. If you want to track calories on a website, a good one is www.myfooddiary.com It is only $9.95 per month as opposed to WW which is about that much a week. And their food tracker is much better. You can also use www.sparkspeople.com. That one is free and the food tracker is pretty good - not as good as MyFoodDiary, but like I said... it's free!

Of course, that's just my opinion... lots of people (including my mother, aunt and several of their friends) have had great success with the WW program! They went to meetings (in case you were wondering...)

I really enjoy WW online. I used to go to meetings and had a real mixture of leaders...some I loved and some were horrible. I personally just don't have the time, after a long day at work, to attend a meeting.

Both online and meetings have worked for me...I just need to remember it is a lifestyle change and not just a diet so that I won't keep gaining it all back.

I don't know what kind of incentives they have for joining online right now, but I pay $17.95 per month and think it's worth every penny.

Just my opinion...do whatever works for you!!

~Gail :D

Good Morning everyone, well today is my office weigh in day and it is pretty good. i lost 2.2 lbs this week so i am really happy on a bad note i am sick as can be but i have still managed to make myself get up at 4 am and exercise for 1 hour and then come home after work and get through my 40 min walk on the treadmill. Well keep up the good work everyone and i wish yall the best on your weighins. I have been thinking about weight watchers online but i just bring myself to spend the extra money since my way is working maybe if my way breaks i will have to break down and join the ww fan club.

Starting weight: 184.6

Current weight: 182.4

Bad day here. I did okay till this afternoon, when I gave in and ate a snickers bar. I was really ticked off at myself and for a moment or two was ready to bag the whole thing. Then I saw a picture of myself on last year's cruise. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I don't want to be her anymore! I promptly jumped back on the bandwagon. I will do this.

Bad day here. I did okay till this afternoon, when I gave in and ate a snickers bar. I was really ticked off at myself and for a moment or two was ready to bag the whole thing. Then I saw a picture of myself on last year's cruise. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I don't want to be her anymore! I promptly jumped back on the bandwagon. I will do this.

Congrats on your determination! I am right there with you. Everytime I slip up I just get right back on. It's better than beating yourself up and doing more damage. Good luck in your weight loss. I'm about to do my workout.

Happy Weekend everyone!!!

Archived