30lbs in 30 weeks....................

Dolly Rocker

I did a 3.5 mile power walk today at the local park. It felt great. Trail has alot of hills so boy did I work my legs and butt. I'm not going to weigh myself until tomorrow morning. I don't want to get discouraged. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Good luck with all your weight loss goals. One day closer to our cruise. I can't wait.

Andi

i've been lurking at your group for a couple of weeks, thanks for your inspiration. i lost about 25 pounds over the past few months, (low sugar/no flour/lowfat/exersize) and i'm hoping to lose 30 more by cruise time (March 5). then another 30 by the time my next cruise rolls around (Sept?!). i'm at 221 now. my hubby is at 339. wow that hurt to write but i hope to look back on this post in a few months and know we hit our goals :o thanks for your support everyone!

Welcome aboard - and congrats on having the courage to write that. I'm not that brave yet. Maybe when I reach my goal I will fess up and tell you all where I started at.

Is your husband doing this with you? I think it really helps to have someone there with you. My two girls are doing it with me; although the youngest one does like to encourage the occasional weakness because that means she gets to eat something too.

I'm down one more pound; 47 to go.

So I bought the new Jackie Warner workout and did it today. It took 30 minutes and it kicked my butt. I had to do the modified version. But I'm glad I did it. If I don't start seeing the lbs coming off I'm going to go see the doctor. I'm watching my diet and working out. I have lost 5 pds so far. I guess I just want to see bigger numbers with all this hard work. However, I will not be discouraged. I have 45 days till our cruise and hope to at least lose one dress size.

Good luck everyone!

Welcome aboard - and congrats on having the courage to write that. I'm not that brave yet. Maybe when I reach my goal I will fess up and tell you all where I started at.

Is your husband doing this with you? I think it really helps to have someone there with you. My two girls are doing it with me; although the youngest one does like to encourage the occasional weakness because that means she gets to eat something too.

I'm down one more pound; 47 to go.

hi TnMD! yes, hubby doing it with me, he's down about 25 pounds also. it really does help to have someone calling you out when youre about to make a bad food choice! good luck to you and your girls and congrats on having only 47 more to go!!

i've been lurking at your group for a couple of weeks, thanks for your inspiration. i lost about 25 pounds over the past few months, (low sugar/no flour/lowfat/exersize) and i'm hoping to lose 30 more by cruise time (March 5). then another 30 by the time my next cruise rolls around (Sept?!). i'm at 221 now. my hubby is at 339. wow that hurt to write but i hope to look back on this post in a few months and know we hit our goals :o thanks for your support everyone!

Keep up the great work! You are so much stronger than I am. I am doing this pretty much on my own the family eats what i cook for dinner but they also eat all the ice cream and cookies that i am not eating. But I can not seem to give up the pasta and breads i am married to an italian and i am hispanic so that is like a crime to not have carbs in our daily meals but we are doing good. Good luck and keep going!

Tina

Boy do I know family drama - don't get me started. I have kids on both coasts fighting long distance about whose fault it is that one of our cars blew a transmission and the repair bill is $4500 for a $4000 vehicle - never mind the fact that mama has to foot the bill regardless- it's all about them. And that's just today's crisis.

Unfortunately I have another vice that I go to for stressful times like these; cigarettes. I would probably attack everything in my pantry otherwise. Then again there's not much left in my pantry anyway. I figured since I'm the one that does the grocery shopping, I just won't bring the junk into the house.

Thoughts about breads & pastas: try wheat or whole grain options for these. That way you can still have a version of yoru favorite foods without the added guilt!

How do I stay on track while dealing with family drama? I want to eat everything in sight or maybe just curl up with a bottle of red wine. Anyone else go thru this while trying to lose weight? How did you stay on track?

I have a punching bag that i take all my frustrations out on sometimes.

Boy do I know family drama - don't get me started. I have kids on both coasts fighting long distance about whose fault it is that one of our cars blew a transmission and the repair bill is $4500 for a $4000 vehicle - never mind the fact that mama has to foot the bill regardless- it's all about them. And that's just today's crisis.

Unfortunately I have another vice that I go to for stressful times like these; cigarettes. I would probably attack everything in my pantry otherwise. Then again there's not much left in my pantry anyway. I figured since I'm the one that does the grocery shopping, I just won't bring the junk into the house.

Thoughts about breads & pastas: try wheat or whole grain options for these. That way you can still have a version of yoru favorite foods without the added guilt!

Sorry to hear about your car trouble. I hope your kids start getting along for your sake. My family drama has to do with my sister. Well actually with her retarded husband. He is very abusive to her. They are visiting from TN this week and our whole family can hardly stomach him. She makes excuses for his behavior and will not accept our help. I just worry about her all the time. So I guess I am trying not to stress eat. I will step up my workout and see if that helps with the stress.

Sounds like your stress beats mine. I know what you mean about the stress eating. I have to admit I have let things get to me, and I haven't been on my best this week. I didn't totally fall off the wagon, but ate more than I should. Luckily my daughter came through for me tonight - with a very healthy and delicious dinner waiting for me when I got home from work; rturkey breast with brown rice & sliced cucumbers. Dessert was fresh strawberries with fat free cool whip. She got me back on the straight & narrow.

Sounds like your stress beats mine. I know what you mean about the stress eating. I have to admit I have let things get to me, and I haven't been on my best this week. I didn't totally fall off the wagon, but ate more than I should. Luckily my daughter came through for me tonight - with a very healthy and delicious dinner waiting for me when I got home from work; rturkey breast with brown rice & sliced cucumbers. Dessert was fresh strawberries with fat free cool whip. She got me back on the straight & narrow.

How nice. I wish my kids brought me dinner. Of course, they are only 10 and 7 so I'll give them some time before I expect that. Good luck this weekend with your weight loss. I'm trying to keep my stress at bay. Talk to you later.

Andi

Good afternoon all,

I had a great week, i lost 2.6 lbs this week so i am 179.8 just into the 170's i am so happy and excited i have not been in the 170's for the last 6 years we so i am hoping that i can keep going down and dont slip back up into the 180s. I have started noticing the changes in my body i think my butt is going away and my tummy is getting flatter but my thigh they arent going anywhere which means i have to start doing squats. If anyone else has suggestions on exercises to help with my thighs let me know.

Well have a great weekend everyone i will try and check in tomorrow and try and keep your focus and stay calm do not let the stress get to you. Remember the BIG picture.

Tina

Tina that's awesome!!!

After the week I've had I'm just grateful that I have maintained....

Keep your head up you are doing great maintaining is great considering all of the stuff you have had to deal with this week. Try and stay postive.

Tina

hello all, How is everyone doing? well today was a pretty good but i did cheat big time. I was craving mexican o we went to a local mexican restaurant it was good. I am not too upset about it cause i know it is going to happen i just hope that i didnt mess up to bad and gain weight. I will try and exercise a little later tonight if not i will get in an extra work out tomorrow to try and offset. i will check in later

Tina

hello all, How is everyone doing? well today was a pretty good but i did cheat big time. I was craving mexican o we went to a local mexican restaurant it was good. I am not too upset about it cause i know it is going to happen i just hope that i didnt mess up to bad and gain weight. I will try and exercise a little later tonight if not i will get in an extra work out tomorrow to try and offset. i will check in later

Tina

Yesterday I made a big italian dinner for all my family because my sister is in town. Chicken, risotto with shrimp, garlic and broccoli and for dessert new york style cheesecake. And of course wine. No italian dinner is without red wine. And I ate everything. I feel like I gained 10 lbs. Everybody loved it. I will be working out twice as hard this week to burn off all these calories. I totally am in the same boat as you this week. We can do it. Let me know how you do with your workouts.

Andi

Well the family drama continues. I found out my daughter-in-law had been posting some unkind and untrue things about me and my daughter; all over this stupid car that she somehow felt entitled to. So I called her on it and asked her to explain what that was all about. Instead of offering any kind of apology or even an explanation, she unfriended me and the entire family - even her own mother! My poor son ( A Marine stationed on the West Coast) feels like he is caught in the middle and is trying to act as intermediary. What a mess. All I wanted was an apology. Can't wait for Thanksgiving.

Well the family drama continues. I found out my daughter-in-law had been posting some unkind and untrue things about me and my daughter; all over this stupid car that she somehow felt entitled to. So I called her on it and asked her to explain what that was all about. Instead of offering any kind of apology or even an explanation, she unfriended me and the entire family - even her own mother! My poor son ( A Marine stationed on the West Coast) feels like he is caught in the middle and is trying to act as intermediary. What a mess. All I wanted was an apology. Can't wait for Thanksgiving.

I'm sorry to hear about your family drama. I totally understand. Some people just can't show remorse and apologize. Unfortunatly you can't control others only yourself. Hope you stay on course with your weight loss this week even while going thru all of that. Keep your chin up. Talk to you later.

Andi

spent an hour or so at the gym today; now we're spending the afternoon playing Wii fit. It's a great way to banish frustrations and anger, and change your perspective. Thanks go to my daughter for pushing me out the door this morning. Oh, and I did get an apology text from my DIL. This too shall pass right?

yes, it will pass! glad you got an apology from DIL but doesnt really change what she did. just keep moving ahead, there's only so much you can control. and you (we!) can control what we eat and how much we move. your DD sounds wonderful. i think you have 2 of them so thats double-great.

down to 217 today....hubby bought one of those ridiculous medical scales (like at the doctors office, with the height thingy on it).

glad to hear youre a Wii'er also - i use the game called Active -- it's fun!

Archived