Blue Lagoon Questions

marshhawk

Okay, one final thing because after I made this post yesterday, I showed my hubby the Sheraton and it looked nice. So....Blue Lagoon or Sheraton? Then, I am deciding and will move on to packing, lol :eek:

We have actually done both location....and it is really not fair to compare Blue Lagoon to the Sheraton.

The sheraton remember is a hotel....the beach is crowded, the drinks and foos are overpriced, and in our opinion is no comparison to Blue Lagoon. We would pick Blue Lagoon in a heart beat again!!!

In reference to swimming in the lagoon, the water is calm and warm. Even though there is a current that run left to right, depending on the tides, it is a very safe area to swim in.

Pictures of the lagoon area:

2134577020102143995S425x425Q85.jpg

2219156540102143995S425x425Q85.jpg

2855005920102143995S425x425Q85.jpg

2212700290102143995S425x425Q85.jpg

2522001870102143995S425x425Q85.jpg

My husband did bring his own snorkeling gear and did a little snorkeling while there. Even though there was no coral to be seen, he did see feather dusters, a baby stingray, halmadia, snails, damsels, tangs, blenies, gobies, and a blue headed wrasse which followed him the whole time he was in the water.

While hanging out at the bar area, we were able to speak to the island manager Marcus for a while. We had a very nice conversation about how we have tried to get to his island several times, but due to their limited ferry schedule we were not able to do so. He did explain that they are looking to expand and was going to take that into consideration and see if they can work on the schedule and possible add more times and longer hours.

Picture of Marcus:

2237513740102143995S425x425Q85.jpg

All in all it was a wonderful, great, awesome, and every other adjective possible to describe a great day at Blue Lagoon Island. We found our slice of paradise, and really was hesitant about posting a review on it, because I did not want to share my new found treasure with everyone. But knew that I had to tell everyone how great this place really is and want them to enjoy it as much as I did.

2474803620102143995S425x425Q85.jpg

2660356260102143995S425x425Q85.jpg

2019765020102143995S425x425Q85.jpg

While hanging out at the bar area, we were able to speak to the island manager Marcus for a while. We had a very nice conversation about how we have tried to get to his island several times, but due to their limited ferry schedule we were not able to do so. He did explain that they are looking to expand and was going to take that into consideration and see if they can work on the schedule and possible add more times and longer hours.

Picture of Marcus:

All in all it was a wonderful, great, awesome, and every other adjective possible to describe a great day at Blue Lagoon Island. We found our slice of paradise, and really was hesitant about posting a review on it, because I did not want to share my new found treasure with everyone. But knew that I had to tell everyone how great this place really is and want them to enjoy it as much as I did.

Thanks for a great review. I have a question.... Do you know what time the last ferry off of the island is? I am scheduled to arrive in Nassau at 11am. My understanding is at best we'd take a 12:30 ferry over and have to leave at 3:30 meaning we'd have 2 or 2.5 hours at best to enjoy what seems to be an amazing place. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

Picture of Marcus:

Thanks for a great review. I have a question.... Do you know what time the last ferry off of the island is? I am scheduled to arrive in Nassau at 11am. My understanding is at best we'd take a 12:30 ferry over and have to leave at 3:30 meaning we'd have 2 or 2.5 hours at best to enjoy what seems to be an amazing place. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

The last ferry is 4pm.. ther is no 3pm or 3:30 ferry.. they are at 1pm, 2pm and 4pm.

Do you know how much they charged for the "water toys" slides, trampoline etc? Great photos I'm glad we picked Blue Lagoon to visit.

I beleive it was $15.00 but it was for a set amount of time. Sorry do not remember exactly.

I fanyone plans on going to Blue Lagoon, remember to sign up for their free newsletter. It come with free coupons for either a free beach towel or a free rental of a watersport. We got the free towel and it is a great souviner.

I fanyone plans on going to Blue Lagoon, remember to sign up for their free newsletter. It come with free coupons for either a free beach towel or a free rental of a watersport. We got the free towel and it is a great souviner.

I was just looking at the Blue Lagoon website and didn't see the newsletter sign up, could you share where you found that?

I was just looking at the Blue Lagoon website and didn't see the newsletter sign up, could you share where you found that?

I am sorry it is on the top right of the dolphin encounters website....

here is a link:

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/

this is what it says.......

enter email to sign up for a FREE newsletter

I have a question for you...a little off topic, but maybe you can help!

I use a walker...how easy (or hard) would in be to maneuver, on the ferry, obsever's dock, and on the beach itself? It the beach all sand of are there walking pathways?

Thanks..

I have a question for you...a little off topic, but maybe you can help!

I use a walker...how easy (or hard) would in be to maneuver, on the ferry, obsever's dock, and on the beach itself? It the beach all sand of are there walking pathways?

Thanks..

Janet,

On the boat you will need to step up on 2 stairs to get on & off the boat. At the beach there is a walk way made out of a hard rubber mat. By the bar and food area there is a concrete walkway. The dock is mad out of a wood slats. I would double check with them...,they do claim the can handle handicapped acessibility.

Christine

I will be on the Conquest January 2nd and will be going to Nassau, our ship arrives at 8am and leaves at 5pm. Do you think we will make it to the 0830 water ferry departure time? If not we won't be able to go until 1030 and then we have to leave on the 2pm ferry to not risk missing the ship. On the Carnival website Blue Lagoon is not listed as an excursion. Any suggestions?

i'm so glad i found this thread last week!! i just called and made our reservations yesterday for our december cruise. i'm looking forward to it and quite pleased i'm not paying what carnival is charging (although, it wasn't TOO bad, but still: $30 (saved, per person) is $30 in my pocket:D ). so, since carnival has this as an excursion, will we be allowed to disembark at the same time as those with the excursion booked "on board"?

since, i'm on the subject of the bahamas (and i apologize for hijacking), but any suggestions for excursions in freeport. i don't know if we want to do the beach two days in a row. it's DH, DS (3y) and me.

I will be on the Conquest January 2nd and will be going to Nassau, our ship arrives at 8am and leaves at 5pm. Do you think we will make it to the 0830 water ferry departure time? If not we won't be able to go until 1030 and then we have to leave on the 2pm ferry to not risk missing the ship. On the Carnival website Blue Lagoon is not listed as an excursion. Any suggestions?

I think Blue Lagoon is listed but we are in the same predicament as you. We leave Nassau at 5pm so we would have to leave on the 2pm Ferry to not chance missing our ship leaving. That sucks!

Janet,

On the boat you will need to step up on 2 stairs to get on & off the boat. At the beach there is a walk way made out of a hard rubber mat. By the bar and food area there is a concrete walkway. The dock is mad out of a wood slats. I would double check with them...,they do claim the can handle handicapped acessibility.

Christine

Thank you so much..that is what I needed to know! The kids and I will be on the Glory Nov. 1st with a Dolphin Encounter schelduled for the girls. Your pics. were very helpful..thanks for posting them.:)

I think Blue Lagoon is listed but we are in the same predicament as you. We leave Nassau at 5pm so we would have to leave on the 2pm Ferry to not chance missing our ship leaving. That sucks!

I'm another in the 8-5 boat...still not sure what I'm giong to do! Last I checked I didn't see BL listed as an excursion for our Carnival sailing either :(

I posted this issue on a different thread and here is the response I got:

"Our ship was docked in Nassau the exact same time (8-5). We booked separately through Blue Lagoon and we got on the 10:30 ferry. What you must realize is that once you get off the ship you have to take a taxi or another ferry over to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. We didn't now you could take a taxi over the the PI Terminal so we spent an hour waiting on a ferry to take us there. Once we were at PI Terminal we waited probably another hour to get to Blue Lagoon. Needless to say we took almost 2 hours to get to Blue Lagoon but that was probably our fault b/c we didnt understand how things worked. The nice thing was the once we got to Blue Lagoon they have ferry's that come back at 1pm, 2pm and 4pm. We took the 2pm b/c we didnt think we had a choice but the Blue Lagoon ferry took us all the way back to the cruise ship so we would have been fine with the 4. "

Archived