Blue Lagoon Questions

marshhawk

Hi all:

My wife and I (mid 50's) will be in Nassau on 11/11. Our ship, the Carnival Fantasy, is scheduled to be in port from 7AM - 6PM. The Blue Lagoon day seems like a great way to spend the day in Nassau.

I see that Ferries leave Blue Lagoon at 1PM, 2PM and 4PM. But I didn't see what times the Ferries leave the PI terminal.

Since our boat get's into port at 7AM I would assume we would disembark by ~7:45-8AM. We would hop a quick taxi over to the PI terminal.....and then what...are there Ferries every hour, two hours, etc...???

Also, and bit off topic, but I scuba and wife doesn't. Anyone know if there are any scuba boats that also allow snorkling?

thanks in advance....

Rut Roh!!!

I just read this on the Blue Lagoon website:

Blue Lagoon Beach Day is open every day Monday thru Saturday and available some Sundays. (Please contact us for Sunday availability)

But then, on the next page, I read this:

Blue Lagoon Beach Day is not available on Thursday or Sundays.

Our ship arrives in port on a Thursday.......Does anyone know for sure if the beach day is available?

Rut Roh!!!

Blue Lagoon Beach Day is open every day Monday thru Saturday and available some Sundays. (Please contact us for Sunday availability)

Our ship arrives in port on a Thursday.......Does anyone know for sure if the beach day is available?

I don't think it is, which is unlucky for you guys...on a side note to your first post, even if you leave on the 4pm Ferry and it takes you back to the Port, don't you think that is cutting it very close to catch a 5pm depart? Any delays getting back and we could be in trouble? I'd like to chance it as wel, but dunno!

OK....the plot thickens. I just checked the Onboard excursions for the ship. They offer a Blue Lagoon Beach day on Thursday, 11/11/10. Maybe it's only open for private parties? The ships price is $66/$76. $10 extra is if you want a lunch. Direct through Blue Lagoon, it's $45.....that's over $60 extra for a couple......:eek:.....I could do some serious drinking for that extra $60....

I will be on the Conquest January 2nd and will be going to Nassau, our ship arrives at 8am and leaves at 5pm. Do you think we will make it to the 0830 water ferry departure time? If not we won't be able to go until 1030 and then we have to leave on the 2pm ferry to not risk missing the ship. On the Carnival website Blue Lagoon is not listed as an excursion. Any suggestions?

Making the 8:30 ferry might be tricky. The only way I see it is if you get off as soon as you dock, provided your not late getting in, and getting a taxi immediatley and not having to wait for them to fill it up first. The taxi ride is only about 10-15 minutes...So if all is timed right it can be done, but very iffy. When I received my reservation they told me I originally had a 9:30 ferry time. We did switch to the 8:30, but no where on the website did I see a 9:30 time posted. You might want to email them directly and see what they have to say. Good luck and enjoy your day in Nassau.

so, since carnival has this as an excursion, will we be allowed to disembark at the same time as those with the excursion booked "on board"?

since, i'm on the subject of the bahamas (and i apologize for hijacking), but any suggestions for excursions in freeport. i don't know if we want to do the beach two days in a row. it's DH, DS (3y) and me.

You do not need to wait for Carnivals excursion to leave the boat. Get off on your own and get to the Ferry Terminal...that is where you need to pick up your braclets anyway...usually the ones booked on board do not leave until at least 11 am. I assume you booked an earlier time than that.

Have a great time.

Christine

I think Blue Lagoon is listed but we are in the same predicament as you. We leave Nassau at 5pm so we would have to leave on the 2pm Ferry to not chance missing our ship leaving. That sucks!

Email them directly...when I spoke with the general manager when I was there 2 weeks ago, they were looking into expanding. Maybe they have added more ferry times.

Good luck and enjoy your day.

Christine

OK....the plot thickens. I just checked the Onboard excursions for the ship. They offer a Blue Lagoon Beach day on Thursday, 11/11/10. Maybe it's only open for private parties? The ships price is $66/$76. $10 extra is if you want a lunch. Direct through Blue Lagoon, it's $45.....that's over $60 extra for a couple......:eek:.....I could do some serious drinking for that extra $60....

I would contact them directly...If they are open for Carnival, I do not see why they wouldn't be open to the general public. Good luck..

Christine

Email them directly...when I spoke with the general manager when I was there 2 weeks ago, they were looking into expanding. Maybe they have added more ferry times.

Good luck and enjoy your day.

Christine

might be worth the call before we leave, but I would be shocked if they added another Ferry during the time we are going..ie. first week of December

might be worth the call before we leave, but I would be shocked if they added another Ferry during the time we are going..ie. first week of December

Hey you never know....the email for the main marketing person is

Joy Smith, CHME, CM

Director of Sales & Marketing

Dolphin Encounters Ltd.

(242) 363-7168 (Direct)

Joy.Smith@dolphinencounters.com

I sort of kinda cleared it up. I called them directly and spoke with a very nice woman who gave me the following information.

They USED TO BE closed on Thursday's. However, that is no longer the case and they are now OPENED on Thursday's. She said that she will notify her I.T. Dept to update their website. Whew....that was close!!!

They have Departing Ferries from the P.I.Ferry Terminal at 8:30am, 10:30am, 12:30pm and 1:30pm. You need to be at the terminal a half hour before departure time to register and get your 'bracellete'. Ferries leave Blue Lagoon at 1pm, 2pm and 4pm. IF there is a cruise ship booking that is leaving on one of the departure trips, they will drop you off at the ship....if not, they will drop you off at the P.I.Ferry Terminal.....it is best to check with the ferry capt on the way back to be sure.

I sort of kinda cleared it up. I called them directly and spoke with a very nice woman who gave me the following information.

They USED TO BE closed on Thursday's. However, that is no longer the case and they are now OPENED on Thursday's. She said that she will notify her I.T. Dept to update their website. Whew....that was close!!!

They have Departing Ferries from the P.I.Ferry Terminal at 8:30am, 10:30am, 12:30pm and 1:30pm. You need to be at the terminal a half hour before departure time to register and get your 'bracellete'. Ferries leave Blue Lagoon at 1pm, 2pm and 4pm. IF there is a cruise ship booking that is leaving on one of the departure trips, they will drop you off at the ship....if not, they will drop you off at the P.I.Ferry Terminal.....it is best to check with the ferry capt on the way back to be sure.

thanks for the update..looks like they will only drop those off that book through the Cruise ships directly, not through Blue Lagoon themselves?

thanks for the update..looks like they will only drop those off that book through the Cruise ships directly, not through Blue Lagoon themselves?

I think what they meant is that if a group is going through the cruise ships you can go straight back to the ships since they'll be going there anyways. We travelled to and from the ship with the cruise ship group, but booked independently. If you book independently, you can stay on board the ferry all the way to the cruise ships. It will save you time/taxi fare, but I recommend taking a taxi to the ferry terminal, we wished we did so we had more time there!

We booked independently and when leaving never thought of asking if it was going to the cruise ship area. We first stopped off at pi terminal and let the locals off and then off to cruise ship area. We had carnival and disney people on board with us.

I think what they meant is that if a group is going through the cruise ships you can go straight back to the ships since they'll be going there anyways. We travelled to and from the ship with the cruise ship group, but booked independently. If you book independently, you can stay on board the ferry all the way to the cruise ships. It will save you time/taxi fare, but I recommend taking a taxi to the ferry terminal, we wished we did so we had more time there!

unfortunatley when going there you have to go to the pi terminal to get your braclets...only those booking with cruise ship can get them on board. But from what we were told the cruise ships dont come onto the island until 11.

unfortunatley when going there you have to go to the pi terminal to get your braclets...only those booking with cruise ship can get them on board. But from what we were told the cruise ships dont come onto the island until 11.

We booked independently and still travelled to the island with the group going from both NCL ships. We just had to email and ask and the staff who met the cruise ship passengers verified our reservations instead of us going to the ferry terminal first. I don't recommend it because we could have been on the island longer had we taken a taxi, but we didn't know that at the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please confirm they are open on Thursdays?

I am looking to book on the Legend for May 2011 and this is the Legends first eastern itinerary. I would love to book this!

Rut Roh!!!

Just came back from our Carnival cruise. We were in Nassau on Thursday but the ship offered the beach day there. My girlfriend & I opted to book the dolphin encounter which we had to do thru BL website. We were actually able to get the ferry at 12;30 instead of our scheduled 1:30 so we had some extra time on the island. We arrived at the ferry terminal alittle after 12 noon & checked in. Were sitting thinking about getting something to eat when girl from DE came uo us & said we can go to island on earlier ferry. we jumped at that & got a hotdog on the island. I might add best dog I have eaten in a while!

I have a question for you...a little off topic, but maybe you can help!

I use a walker...how easy (or hard) would in be to maneuver, on the ferry, obsever's dock, and on the beach itself? It the beach all sand of are there walking pathways?

Thanks..

I was at BL last Thursday & i use a rollator. I left it on the ship & used my cane. However on the island it is handicap accessible. There is a w/c there & I saw a scooter. I would email any questions to them. I don't think the walker would work too well on the sand though. My husband uses a power chair or scooter & if I can figure out how to get him to the island he could go with that. One ferry seems bigger than the other & might be able to accomodate him. I have to chk on that before our next trip in March.

wow thanks for all the information on blue lagoon island! I am going to be in Nassau on November 17th from 8-6 and now I definitely want to take your advice and go there! I just have a quick question.. how long does the ferry take to get back? If we are leaving at 6 would I have enough time to take the 4:00pm ferry back? It would be nice to have a little time in the morning to walk around and than take the 10:30am ferry over and than the 4:00 ferry back. Also I saw the pictures of the dolphins and how close you looked! did you have to pay anything to see the dolphins? Thanks!

wow thanks for all the information on blue lagoon island! I am going to be in Nassau on November 17th from 8-6 and now I definitely want to take your advice and go there! I just have a quick question.. how long does the ferry take to get back? If we are leaving at 6 would I have enough time to take the 4:00pm ferry back? It would be nice to have a little time in the morning to walk around and than take the 10:30am ferry over and than the 4:00 ferry back. Also I saw the pictures of the dolphins and how close you looked! did you have to pay anything to see the dolphins? Thanks!

The Ferry usually takes about 20-30 minutes depending on weather conditions.

You can view the dolphins from the walkway between programs, but if you want to participate, or be an upclose "observer", you'll need to pay for one of the programs.

We've been to the Bahamas I think 4 times. The last time we were there we decided to stay on the ship, and it was the most fun we've had there. There was hardley anyone in the pools, pool bar, or buffet which was great to be able to walk up grab a burger w/out waiting in a long line.

Archived