Renting an apt. in Rome for 7 people

starwhite2

This is not specifically a cruise question. My friend's grandson is singing at the Vatican on New Year's Day. She wants to rent an apartment for 7 people from about Dec. 26 to Jan. 2. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'll post this on Fodors and TA also. Thanks.

The Slowtravel site, and its message board Slowtalk, are specifically geared to rentals. They have a lot of information, including reviews, on apartments in Italy and elsewhere in Europe.

Slowtrav: http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/

Slowtalk: www.slowtalk.com/groupee

Just a note that larger apartments are more difficult to find, so it may take a little more looking.

This is not specifically a cruise question. My friend's grandson is singing at the Vatican on New Year's Day. She wants to rent an apartment for 7 people from about Dec. 26 to Jan. 2. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'll post this on Fodors and TA also. Thanks.

You can also try VRBO.com 'vacation rentals by owner', always have had great luck with them.

We have stayed in Rome apts. several times. I always book with the Bed& Breakfast association of Rome http://www.b-b.rm.it They have a very user friendly web-site. You make your selection depending on the area of Rome where you want to stay. You pay a deposit through your credit card and the rest is paid to the owner on arrival. We have been very satisfied with this arrangement and we are doing it again in just a few days.

You can also try VRBO.com 'vacation rentals by owner', always have had great luck with them.

YES, we've used this website for Rome and in many other parts of Europe. Loved it! You have to search and look at the pictures as each location is different. Our place in Rome was a large apartment that had been part of an 1800's building used by a Cardinal. Interesting building and great location.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Archived