Upgrades on arrival?

TNM

We cruise tomorrow and I know the ship is full/sold out...I was wondering, do they ever offer paid upgrades when you arrive? If say, there are no shows or cancellations? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Nope... this is what Carnival has to say about it...

How do I request a upgrade?

Carnival has made selecting the cabin location you want more affordable than ever. Assigning your cabin as early as possible ensures you get the best locations available. Opportunities to purchase an upgrade in your accommodations are available prior to the sailing date, subject to availability. Please contact Guest Services at 1800-438-6744 ext 70382.

Note: We cannot accommodate requests for upgrades on the day of sailing as we sail at capacity.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88

:)

Nope... this is what Carnival has to say about it...

How do I request a upgrade?

Carnival has made selecting the cabin location you want more affordable than ever. Assigning your cabin as early as possible ensures you get the best locations available. Opportunities to purchase an upgrade in your accommodations are available prior to the sailing date, subject to availability. Please contact Guest Services at 1800-438-6744 ext 70382.

Note: We cannot accommodate requests for upgrades on the day of sailing as we sail at capacity.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88

:)

If they did not sail at capacity someone in Carnival isn't doing their job!!!

Carnival will do whatever it takes prior to the sail date to fill the ship.

Vinnie

Lowering the price and call people they know who can sail last minute and look for bargains.

They have made a science of doing this.

Another down side to living in the middle of the country- hard to claim that you could cruise tomorrow!

I wonder what they do with rooms like ours from the Glory in July? We cancelled the night before the cruise at about 10:30 at night due to a death in the family. It was a balcony room, I wonder if someone was upgraded or it sat empty for the cruise. It was still paid for so I wonder if they condsider that occupied?

I wonder what they do with rooms like ours from the Glory in July? We cancelled the night before the cruise at about 10:30 at night due to a death in the family. It was a balcony room, I wonder if someone was upgraded or it sat empty for the cruise. It was still paid for so I wonder if they condsider that occupied?

That right there is why it would never hurt to ask if you were really interested in upgrading. No matter what the sign at guest services says.

I was upgraded from an IS on deck 6 to a balconey on deck 10 once. I'm not sure when it happened but it was after I printed my luggage tags a few days before the cruise.

We checked in at the new VIP lounge in Miami and I noticed that she wrote down 1035. I didn't really think about it, but then something just didn't seem right. I went back to the desk and asked what that number was and she said it was my cabin number.........What a surprise........

We went to our original room and let them know that our luggage might show up in their room and we would just check in occasionally.

Carnival will not open that can of worms to start letting people move around on embarkation day, they have enough problems that come up that day. That sign has been out since the day we started cruiseing. Even people that have to CX a day or so, they either lost the money for the cabin or Ins paid for it.

We just got a last minute upgrade upon arrival and check-in 9/5/10 on the Pride! Paid for 4A, got upgraded to a 4th deck balcony cabin! It was awesome! Someone must have cancelled last minute and we were told no one was in our original cabin.

We did have to keep checking for luggage down there since that's where are tage were for and bring it up and that was a little pain (calls to guest services and telling cabin steward didn't work)

I don't know if it is b/c we are platinum or just good luck.

So, just to let you know, it is possible!

Archived