When do you plan on going on the Freedom??

PH8

When are you hoping to go??  

478 members have voted

1. 1. When are you hoping to go??

• Inaugural
    • between the first and third months
    • between the third and sixth month
    • between the sixth and 12th month
    • I'm gonna wait a year or so............

I know we're probably not going next cruise because we like going in June, and the Freedom is already booked solid, we're afraid of further delays, and we want all the bugs worked out.

We may never go on the Freedom itself, but we do plan to go on Freedom class of ship for our 2008 cruise. (They're planning for more of that class, right?)

dandude

The itinerary is not the greatest. wonder why they keep putting the new ships on that type of course. I refuse to go on the Mariner, and have been on the other Voyager class ships more then once .. but the Mariner, bad itinerary and who wants to drive all the way to Cape Canaveral once you get off the plan in FL. :cool:

sheesh dan, just realized you were on that one and going again .. do you live near the port?

Hey Ruby! Bonnie here ;)! You should book Freedom for Spring Break 2007 because that is when I booked it too! Then you and I can cruise together 2 years in a row! Your Spring Break is Easter week isn't it? I know you are on my Adventure cruise next Easter! I actually love the Western Caribbean itinerary and Labadee is my favorite stop! It is beautiful there! But I think Freedom will be the destination on that trip! I can't wait to see her in person! So Ruby, why would someone fly in to Fort. Lauderdale for a Mariner cruise? Orlando Airport is just a quick jaunt down the road from Port Canaveral. Just curious, since you said you'd never sail on Mariner for that reason. :confused: (and the bad itinerary which I am guessing must be Western Caribbean?).

Hey Bonnie

Would be great, perhaps I will do that.

but I heard the airport at Orlando is far from the Port .. well, thats what my husband said ..

and competition with people going to Disney on those flights ..

I will book the Freedom, but seems so far and not sure when our vacation comes out. I teach and didn't get the schedule for 2006-2007 spring break. I have to wait. This year our vacation came out the end of March 24-April 3 ..

but would love to get on the Freedom

Regards

Ruby -- :) by the way, name is Mona :)

Mona, (I love your name!) Orlando Airport is very nice, very easy, usually cheap fares available, and only about a 45 minute drive to Port Canaveral. I've done it several times. I'm not trying to talk you into sailing Mariner though ;) because I'd rather that you booked Freedom! I am a school nurse and I also have to sail when school is out! Our Spring Break is always Easter Week. In 2007, Easter is on April 8th, which is the day Freedom Sails that week! Sounds like your school also takes Easter Week for Spring Break because that's the week you are off in 2006 (our Adventure cruise) and it was also Easter Week that you were just off in March! So, I think you will probably be off the right week for our 2007 Freedom cruise!!! :D Okay, again out of curiousity, why don't you like Western Caribbean? Been there, done that? Or did you have a bad time there? I've done Western twice and loved it both times! I look forward to returning on Freedom. I've been to Ocho Rios the other times though (and loved it both times) but will look forward to trying Montego Bay for a change on Freedom. Cozumel is one of my favorite stops. We usually spend the day at Chankanaab Park which is beautiful and fun. I'm not a big fan of Grand Cayman, but I will go anywhere they happen to take me just to be on that ship!

Bonnie

well that will be the cruise that we will get on .. yippee!

eventually I will do the Mariner, wanting to get on all the Voyager ships for sure. I did love the Jewel and the Radiance class are very nice ships too!;)

Bonnie

That would be great after all this time of emailing ..

you can also email me at

mona_13r@hotmail.com

and we can talk about our cruises and all kinds of things, since we both work for school districts .. and Delaware is not too far from NY ...

:rolleyes: Mona

When will I sail on the Freedom? First, not sure if ever, it's so big, I've got some concerns about a floating city! Second, If I can get over the amount of people on there, when they're not sailing the same tired caribbean itinerary!!

We booked ours for Sept 12th 2006. We booked a royal Suite can't wait

Voyager of the Seas 9/12/01

Explorer of the Seas 9/24/02

Voyager of the Seas 8/21/03

Navigator of the Seas 12/14/02

Voyager of the Seas 5/14/04

Explorer of the Seas 9/13/04

Majesty of the Seas 5/27/05

Navigator of the Seas 9/24/05

Freedom of the Seas 9/12/06

We booked ours for Sept 12th 2006. We booked a royal Suite can't wait

Freedom of the Seas 9/12/06

We are booked on Sept. 10th, 2006. Are you sure the date is right? If you are on the same cruise, there is a roll call started in that section of the boards. You should drop by and say hi!

Lisa

Ice-skating rink, rock-climbing wall, Royal Promenade (open 24 hours), extensive WiFi capabilities and connectivity for cell phones, full-sized, flat-screen TVs in every stateroom, theme bars and lounges, Adventure Ocean youth facilities, restaurants, and much more! The Presidential Family Suite can have between 6 and up to 14 guests.... some 736 sq ft with a balcony 130 sq ft. I've booked a Superior CAT D1, port side, mid ship 202 sq ft with a 50 sq ft balcony. Yummy.

The ShipShape Fitness Center is a world-class fitness center that offers everything from kickboxing to yoga, and features state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment.

Extensive WiFi capabilities and connectivity for cell phones. Because when you're on vacation it's great fun to let the folks at home know what they're missing.

Staterooms and balconies that are among the largest in the industry. Plenty of room to relax and plan your adventures.

A full-size, flat-screen TV in every stateroom. But then again, with all the incredible vacation activities to explore, try not to be too disappointed if you have trouble finding time to turn it on.

Freedom of the Seas will be sailing year-round, 7-night Western Caribbean itineraries from Miami. Ports of call will include Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and Labadee®, Hispaniola.

If you don't like the idea of cruising with many people, there are tons of other smaller ships to choose from. I for one am looking forward to how RCCL has planned such a fabulous beauty and arranged the space onboard so that we feel "FREEDOM".

You forgot a choice!! Never!! That ship is just too big for me. No way do I want to cruise with that many people. Would like a tour of the ship itself, but not to cruise.

I didnt forget a choice..................this poll is for those who ARE going.............:)

We just booked the Freedom of the Seas for the 12/3/06 sailing for my husband, myself and our 3 children. We booked a category FI, family stateroom overlooking the promenade on deck 7. The ship looks amazing. We can't wait to hear more about it.

Angela

astralj,

Sure - no problem. I can't wait to see it myself. It supposed to be 299 sq. feet or 335 sq. ft. (have read both) and sounds like it will be a perfect setup for our family (kids aged 7, 3 & 3). I thought the kids would get a kick out of peeking down on the promenade.

Angela

Category FO

Family Oceanview Stateroom

Occupancy: Sleeps up to 6 guests

Description: Features two twin beds that convert to a queen-sized bed, a sitting area with sofa and/or Pullman beds, two 24-inch round windows, private bathroom with shower, vanity area, minibar, closed-circuit TV, minisafe, radio, phone, and a hairdryer.

Square Footage: 266 sq ft

Category FI

Family Interior Stateroom

Occupancy: Sleeps up to 6 guests

Description: Very large Interior Staterooms that feature two twin beds that convert to a queen-sized bed, a private bathroom with shower, vanity area, minibar, closed-circuit TV, minisafe, radio, phone, and a hairdryer.

Square Footage: 260 sq ft

Archived