What to do the day of disembarkation before flight

The Floaties

Our flight does not leave until 3:40 PM on Sunday, October 10th after our cruise. What would some suggestions be on how to spend the time after leaving the ship until time to check in at the airport? I hate to spend the day sitting at the airport.

What could we do with our luggage?

How long are we allowed to stay on the ship?

I saw the everglades tour. Has anyone done that? I am not sure I will be ready for that. It says the boat ride is only 30 minues. What else do they do?

If the weather is nice, I wouldn't mind just going down to the beach and maybe finding a nice place to have lunch. But I don't know how far the cruise port and airport are from the beach.

Anyone got any suggestions. We are new to cruising and this forum has been very helpful. I have my checklist all printed out :)

Thanks to all who have responded.

Just two more weeks!!!!! Can't wait-----and I am a grandmother 12 times.

icon12.gif

You don't say which cruise line you are on but, in my experience, most lines provide a morning tour of a local place of interest and then drop you off at the airport around 12 noon. These tours are not generally offered until you are actually on the cruise. We have done several of these and your luggage is held safely in the bus. We find the cost acceptable as it saves us having to fret about hanging around airports or finding an independent tour.

Our flight does not leave until 3:40 PM on Sunday, October 10th after our cruise. What would some suggestions be on how to spend the time after leaving the ship until time to check in at the airport? I hate to spend the day sitting at the airport.

What could we do with our luggage?

How long are we allowed to stay on the ship?

I saw the everglades tour. Has anyone done that? I am not sure I will be ready for that. It says the boat ride is only 30 minues. What else do they do?

If the weather is nice, I wouldn't mind just going down to the beach and maybe finding a nice place to have lunch. But I don't know how far the cruise port and airport are from the beach.

Anyone got any suggestions. We are new to cruising and this forum has been very helpful. I have my checklist all printed out :)

Thanks to all who have responded.

Just two more weeks!!!!! Can't wait-----and I am a grandmother 12 times.

icon12.gif

Sounds like you're returning to either FLL or Miami. IMO, the Everglades tour is wonderful! I've done it three times, and am probably around your age. It's very exciting and informative. Yes, the airboat tour is only about 30 minutes, but there's an alligator exhibit, a small zoo, and a short program on the Seminoles. You ride in a comfortable A/C bus with a tour guide, and your luggage is locked safely on the bus. Afterwards, you are taken to either the FLL or MIA airport. It's my all-time favorite excursion, decently priced, and well worth it! Just be sure to book it through the cruise line...it's a very popular tour. If I were you, I'd forget about going to a local beach on your own. Have fun on your cruise!

Thanks imsulin for the info about the airboat tour. I think that is what we will do. I sure don't want to sit in the airport all day. Should I book it before the cruise or when we get on the ship?

I would book it as soon as you know that's what you want to do. Shore excursions do sell out.

• 4 weeks later...

We did the airboat tour last Sunday after our cruise. It was very enjoyable. Thanks for your input.

quote=imsulin;26117548]Sounds like you're returning to either FLL or Miami. IMO, the Everglades tour is wonderful! I've done it three times, and am probably around your age. It's very exciting and informative. Yes, the airboat tour is only about 30 minutes, but there's an alligator exhibit, a small zoo, and a short program on the Seminoles. You ride in a comfortable A/C bus with a tour guide, and your luggage is locked safely on the bus. Afterwards, you are taken to either the FLL or MIA airport. It's my all-time favorite excursion, decently priced, and well worth it! Just be sure to book it through the cruise line...it's a very popular tour. If I were you, I'd forget about going to a local beach on your own. Have fun on your cruise!

Archived