Gratuity voucher

SJCNEWBIE

Hey All,

I have prepaid my gratuties with my my time dining.

I understand you get an envelope of vouchers that you hand out. Do you have to hand these out (ie will the staff get the benefit if you dont hand them the bit of paper)? It seems stressful to make sure you find the relevant people and give these out on your last night??

Thanks

Hey All,

I understand you get an envelope of vouchers that you hand out. Do you have to hand these out (ie will the staff get the benefit if you dont hand them the bit of paper)? It seems stressful to make sure you find the relevant people and give these out on your last night??

Thanks

Yes, the appropriate staff will recieve their share of the tip regardless of whether or not you give them a voucher. It's not something they have to redeem. Rather, it's for appearance sake. mostly for people in Traditional dining who want to autopay their tips, but don't want to show up at the MDR empty handed on the last night when everyone else is handing their waiter a tip.

Hey All,

Thanks

NO, you do NOT have to get the voucher to the right person. I have not done MTD, but do pay my basic tips via my SeaPass card, so am familiar with the vouchers. Since with "regular" dining you have a fixed waiter they give you [may have changed recently] a voucher so that you have something to hand your waiter if you wish, but they get the money with or without the voucher. With MTD you may have a different waiter every night, so I'm not sure they even give you vouchers, but if they do it is not required for the waiters to get the voucher to be paid.

enjoy

Thom

Hey All,

Thanks

I think this system is one of the dumbest things on RCI, you do not need them.

I think this system is one of the dumbest things on RCI, you do not need them.

It's not dumb. If I put tips on my account and show up the last night to dinner empty handed, and everyone else at our table hands the waiter their tip, I'd feel very conspicuous and embarrassed. I'd wonder if everyone else thought we'd forgotten to tip. We like having the voucher - we write kind words of thanks on the envelop and have something to hand the waiter too.

It's not dumb. If I put tips on my account and show up the last night to dinner empty handed, and everyone else at our table hands the waiter their tip, I'd feel very conspicuous and embarrassed. I'd wonder if everyone else thought we'd forgotten to tip. We like having the voucher - we write kind words of thanks on the envelop and have something to hand the waiter too.

I, too. like to write a short note of thanks to the waitstaff. I have taken the time to write down names of deserving staff for extra kudos.

I consider the recommended gratuities the minimum so I usually add a few dollars (or more) to go in my envelopes. For that reason, I like the vouchers - proves I'm not a total cheapskate when I hand someone an envelope with seven bucks in it... :p

Archived