How much luggage?

Signdy

My father wants each of us to take a carry-on and a large suitcase, AND he wants to take a garment bag (to keep his suit and/or sports coat from wrinkling). We will be in Venice for two days before the cruise, and I want to lug as little as possible. How can I convince him to pare down his plans? (He's always packed heavy!)

The solution is to have your Father contact Anita Mann, Seabourn Valet Service, and simply send the luggage to the ship ~just travel with your carry-ons.

I have used this fabulous service for several years and it's always nice when entering my Suite and the luggage is on my bed waiting for me!

Pricey, yes.....but worth every cent! Flying, especially internationally, is work these days ~without luggage it's managable.

Enjoy your voyage

Martita B

The solution is to have your Father contact Anita Mann, Seabourn Valet Service, and simply send the luggage to the ship ~just travel with your carry-ons.

I have used this fabulous service for several years and it's always nice when entering my Suite and the luggage is on my bed waiting for me!

Pricey, yes.....but worth every cent! Flying, especially internationally, is work these days ~without luggage it's managable.

Enjoy your voyage

Martita B

do you recall how much this service costs?

The service varies according to the luggage being sent. Contact Mrs. Mann in Miami as she can answer all your questions.

This service would be ideal for you and your parents.

A person ask me last year, "well isn't this service expensive?" My answer, "Yes, it is.....but not nearly as expensive as back surgery!"

Martita B.

How long is your cruise? That makes a difference, too, but not much. Your father can send his suits and other things to the laundry for pressing. The Laundry Teams are superb.

And, I second the services of Anita Mann and the White Glove Valet. Perhaps you could combine some things and send fewer large suitcases?

You don't need nearly as much as you might think.

Figure in the area of $400 per 50-60 pound suitcase each way. The exact cost might be a bit different but that gives you an idea. It's expensive but a very worthwhile luxury imo.

If I remember correctly...the price is determined by the location that you are going...as well as the lbs. of the luggage...ie....from domestic to domestic is less..than say to St. Thomas..or Eur...etc

Archived