Port or Starboard on a Mediterranean Cruise

journeys0404

I do not think that it really matters when you are out to sea. You are so far (5 miles or more) offshore that you really cannot sea anything. When you are in port it is a coin toss as to what you will see - good or bad. You never know how they will dock the ship at the pier (in forward this time, in backwards last time.)

I do not think that it really matters when you are out to sea. You are so far (5 miles or more) offshore that you really cannot sea anything. When you are in port it is a coin toss as to what you will see - good or bad. You never know how they will dock the ship at the pier (in forward this time, in backwards last time.)

Agree.Also depends whether on a smaller cruiseline or one of the big ones,but all in all for the Med no difference.

I agree with Keith. It doesn't matter as you never know which way you'll dock. Also some of the West Med ports, such as Livorno and Civitavecchia are not pretty at all and even sailing in and out there's not much to see.

I think that the only port that side may make a difference is Venice (if you are sailing in); in this case you want starboard side so you can enjoy coffee from your balcony and the sights of Venice. Departing Venice it makes no difference; you want to be on one of the upper decks.

Beyond this, as I stated before, I don't think that side makes any diffeence.

Archived