Which travel agencies are best to book a cruise?

CFitzRN

First, I apologize because I know this has likely been asked 4 and a half million times but I was unable to find any information myself.

We cruised on the Legend 2 years ago and now my 20 year old son wants to take his 18 year old gf on the Fantasy out of Charleston in June for a graduation gift. I (mom) and little brother are coming along. We will need 2 (adjoining) rooms, which has proven difficult to come by on the online sites. Therefore, I have decided I need some TA assistance.

1. Are there deals you can find with TAs that you can't find yourself or through Carnival? What should I ask for?

2. Can you all recommend some really good travel agents or agencies who specialize in cruises?

Thank you very much in advance!

It's against the terms of service of Cruise Critic to write the names of travel agents or agencies. Sorry.

Again, another sorry, but your son will not be able to take his girlfriend on a cruise because passengers must be at least 21 to cruise without parent or guardian, and Carnival has a rule that you have to have someone 25 or older in the cabin with the underage passenger. So unless you're sharing a cabin with the 18 and 20 year olds, I'm not sure this can be done. It's a different story if the passengers are related minors and they can be in an adjoining cabin without parents, but with an unrelated minor, it's a totally different story.

Oh okay, didn't realize that about the TOS. Thanks. I'll search the faq.

I (his mom) will be coming. We brought my older son's girlfriend with us when we all sailed on the Legend 2 years ago - she was 17 - they had no problems whatsoever with her, my then-20 year old son, and my then-15 year old son sharing a room (not even adjoining with ours). My then-9 year old and then-18 year old sons shared a room (again, not adjoining) also. And my husband and I shared a room. So we had 2 rooms without anyone 25 or older in them. Has something changed since then?

I would expect this thread to be removed pretty soon as no one can recommend a t/a in these forums.

No one recommend a TA, so the thread will probably stay.

OP, things have changed a bit with regards to passenger age on ships. You should call Carnival and see what they say.

No TA is allowed to discount .. why wouldnt you just book directly with Carnival?

Why are you wanting a TA .. there are many advantages to booking direct. Unless you are receiving perks or have a TA you love, book direct. You can submit any price changes for ES for instance yourself, dont have to wait thru a long weekend when the TA is closed. No fees, if the price changes or to book. You cant see your pricing details on the carnival site if you book thru a TA .. so many reasons not to use a TA, I quit when Im booking Carnival.

Archived