EBF How Do You Do It?

Lovincruisin1321

Early Booking Rate's are the way to go! You can save lots of cash and get great onboard credit incentives. Basically, you have to book really early. Keep an eye on the new itineraries and as soon as one is released and you are interested call in and make your reservation. For example, we were on the Dawn Aug 15th and purchased the Cruise Reward Certificate. When we arrived home, (about a week later) we placed the Cruise Reward Certificate on a March 2012 sailing. We actually got a suite for about the same as a balacony room and that is for three people. In addition, we got a $300 onboard credit. The best thing is we can make payments on the cruise as the Cruise Reward Certificate is holding the cabin. This is another reason NCL is awesome! :)

Ah, thanks. Hadn't heard that acronym before. :) Is that usually a significant discount?

They are good rates, though I guess it could also depend. If you wait it out, you might be able to get those rates closer to the sailing date as well. For an example, the brochure lists an inside cabin on the Pearl Glacier Bay cruise from $1299 and an OV from $1499. The Early Booking Fare for the inside is $599 and for the OV, $699. That's for the 2010 sailings.

I've been looking at 2011 itineraries to get an idea of how much to budget for our 2012 cruise and so far, the fares are higher than the 2010 EBFs but not as high as the regular brochure rate. My impression is that, at least for Alaska, the EBF would be a really good rate to get. And if NCL honours price reductions up to final payment, you don't lose out on anything if they do drop the fares below that.

Is there something special you have to do to see the EBF or do the fares on the NCL website take that into account already without explicitly saying that is what they are--so if they are an option they are posted? Is there a time window or does it vary with each cruise?

I found dirt cheap fares for the 10/2011 Epic BCN to MIA TA in early July, 2010--studios were $899 for a 13 day cruise, CVs were $3000--were these EBFs? I can't do much comparing because both are now sold out, although the CVs went up to $7k before selling out!

The cruise consultant explained to us that the EBR time table can vary from cruise to cruise. Apparently, it depends on the percentile of the ship already being booked. Usually, she said the EBRs are at least a year before the sailing date. Her advice was to keep an eye on the new itineraries and call right away to inquire about the EBRs as apparently there is no ryme or reason to the time frame of the offer. Be proactive and best of luck! :)

The cruise consultant explained to us that the EBR time table can vary from cruise to cruise. Apparently, it depends on the percentile of the ship already being booked. Usually, she said the EBRs are at least a year before the sailing date. Her advice was to keep an eye on the new itineraries and call right away to inquire about the EBRs as apparently there is no ryme or reason to the time frame of the offer. Be proactive and best of luck! :)

Are the posted rates EBRs or do you have to call and ask for them because they are LOWER than what you see on the website?

The EBRs are reflected in the brochure. Stop by a local travel agent or call NCL and order a brochure to get the necessary updated information. I have never noticed anything about the EBR on the website. In fact, I just found out about EBRs last month, after my 5 NCL cruise. I think it is a well kept secret and the more information you have in front of you when you call to book, the better off you will be. I hope this information helps! :)

Thanks for the info, Camz! NCL does seem to do a good job of keeping it under wraps, I didn't know about it until I looked in the brochure but even in there, there isn't really any info about how to get that fare and what they consider to be "early" enough.

Now I just have to wait until next spring for those 2012 itineraries to be released, with my phone dialing finger ready :D

Archived