Cruise Certificate

vacruzer007

Hey fellow cruisers,

just got back from my 4th cruise with carnival and took advantage of the certificate that they offered, where you pay $100 for your next cabin.

Has anyone purchased one before? I'm now wondering if it was worth it...:confused:

I specifically asked the rep, does this certificate take the place of the typical $500 deposit required when you book and he said yes..

but after reading the fine print... not so sure about that..

any insight would be appreciated.....

Yes, free OBC is always "worth it" ... maybe they misunderstood .. but they do give out bad advice, dont seem very well trained, take your pick.

You put up a full deposit, the $100 you paid will go toward the final payment. The OBC will be on your next cruise.

Booking is the same as without it... just have to send it in certified mail. Carnival has not joined the list of computer literates .. they cant apply it from the cert # like princess and RCL over the phone to your deposit. Wish Carnival had a better computer system, but they dont. Seem to be in the dark ages to me.

I lost my 3 certificates :mad:, but had a :D outcome!

I emailed Carnival, three days later I had an email reply giving me an invoice number to give to my TA. I forwarded it to her, she did her thing, and I get $100 back on my credit card (since I was past final payment), and a $50 onboard credit (4 night cruise) on my already booked cruised for late October.

With the invoice number, I still have two certificates to redeem at a later date...within 4 years. :D

But...the certificate does not take the place of the deposit.

My PVP and I have talked about telling Carnival the cert is lost to avoid the hassle when its a last minute booking. True, if you tell them its lost, they can miraculously apply it over the phone and no need to mail it in.

It was 2 or 3 weeks after my cruise when I discovered they forgot to refund my $100, luckily I went over the numbers after I got home. I told her I dont want to go thru that again.

Hey fellow cruisers,

just got back from my 4th cruise with carnival and took advantage of the certificate that they offered, where you pay $100 for your next cabin.

Has anyone purchased one before? I'm now wondering if it was worth it...:confused:

I specifically asked the rep, does this certificate take the place of the typical $500 deposit required when you book and he said yes..

but after reading the fine print... not so sure about that..

any insight would be appreciated.....

Yes, they are absolutely worth it!

It's like free money.

No, they do not take the place of your deposit as NCL's Cruise Rewards would, so after you book your cruise in the future and pay the initial deposit, you would then send in the certificate via certified mail to Carnival. They will apply $100 as a payment on your future cruise and then give you a $50-$200 OBC for double occupancy cabins depending on the length of said cruise. Single occupancy cabins would receive only half ($25-$100) of what a double occupancy cabin would get.

hi - ive just checked mine that i purchased in february on the liberty and they have credited my account with onboard credit and taken off $100 of my final balance for my glory cruise next year. I was surprised as I am from the uk and wondered how they would do it as I had paid in pounds. but it was done without a hitch. I was just concerned sending it to Miami - but no problems. I will definately be buying more

We bought our first 2 certificates while on board the Miracle this past April. Since we went ahead and booked our first cruise while we were still on the Miracle, we received 2 additional certificates which added the same on-board credit for 2 additional family members (or friends) if they booked the same cruise within 60 days from the day we purchased the certificates. Both my son and daughter booked separate rooms and got the on-board credit applied towards their upcoming cruise with us.

I also recently used our 2nd certificate on an upcoming cruise to celebrate our 18th anniversary (with no kids)...

I plan on buying at least 2 more, when I go on my next cruise, so I always have them on hand when I find a good deal on booking another cruise.

AWESOME!!! That literally makes the difference between inside ( booking direct) and balchony (booking elsewhere) :D

I would ask the TA before I mailed them in. Some TAs will have you mail it to them and handle it...some say mail it into Carnival as per directions. Just put the booking # on it... easy as pie.

Archived