Equinox Cabin 6161 Cat. 2C

lucydney

If you click on the little paper clip on the Sticky thread at the top of the Celebrity Boards, called Solstice Cabin Information, you can read about lots of cabins on this class of ship, of which Equinox is one. I think the most recent file was updated on 8/29. It doesnt look like yours exactly is listed, but you can see there are a few around that cabin, so you can get an idea of what that area is like.

We're on the same cruise as you, I saw you also posted on our Roll Call, same level, just towards the back of the ship.

• 6 years later...
Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Could you share your opinion?

Hi Lucydney, looking at your post from way back in 2010!!

We have just booked Equinox Cabin 6161. did you stay in this cabin or have any photos of he restricted view??

Any advice/tis would be fantastic..

Thanks in advance broch71

Hi Lucydney, looking at your post from way back in 2010!!

We have just booked Equinox Cabin 6161. did you stay in this cabin or have any photos of he restricted view??

Any advice/tis would be fantastic..

Thanks in advance broch71

In addition to the restricted view, you might wish to know that the port side of deck 5 allows smoking. May not be a problem unless someone in your party is significantly allergic to cigarette smoke.

Go to the S class cabin information thread at the top of the forum page. Once open go to the SEARCH THREAD box on the top right of the page. Put in 6159 (there is no report for 6161 but this is the next door cabin) and search. Click on the thread that comes up, wait for it to bring up that cabin number and then you can read their report and look at the pictures they have included. You could also search for 6163.

I will be staying in this cabin in less than a month. If you want I can post some pictures when we board?

Hi, that would be great if you could. This will be our first cruise so looking for any tips or pics before we go.

We're booked up for the 16th October.

Would love to see what the restricted view is like from the actual cabin & any pros or cons about the cabin location.

Enjoy your cruise when it comes.

Hi, that would be great if you could. This will be our first cruise so looking for any tips or pics before we go.

Would love to see what the restricted view is like from the actual cabin & any pros or cons about the cabin location.

If you think of anything else you want to know please post it here... We sail May 5th and we have free internet so feel free ask other questions

The obstruction for the 2C cabins is the top of the lifeboat at the base of your balcony ... so you will most likely not be able to look straight down at the water but can see out beyond that without any problem. I am not bothered at all by this so called obstruction. If you are sitting on your balcony, you probably won't notice it either.

You are also just above the photo gallery ... so that shouldn't generate any noise and underneath other passenger cabins, which is also preferable to minimize any noise. You are forward of the smoking area on deck 5 below so shouldn't be bothered by any smoke. We love being situated on deck 6 ...so convenient to everything. You are also just aft of the forward elevators / stairs. While I have never stayed in this room, I wouldn't hesitate to book a room in that location.

Thanks all very comforting to know it should be fine. Can't wait to see the actual photos too.

May I ask how you got the free internet. Was it bundled with the cruise.

We were recommended to take the free drinks and garatuities packages but I noticed the internet is quite expensive??

Unless you require two internet packages i.e for two devices at same time, it is better value to take another perk as both passengers must take the same perks. You may want to purchase the internet package in advance as there is a 10% discount pre-cruise.

Thanks all very comforting to know it should be fine. Can't wait to see the actual photos too.

May I ask how you got the free internet. Was it bundled with the cruise.

We were recommended to take the free drinks and garatuities packages but I noticed the internet is quite expensive??

We booked the "go best" package which included premium beverage packages, Internet, prepaid gratuities, and $300 obc.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Bradley, looks nice and the restricted view doesn't look to restrictive after all:-)

Enjoy the cruise

It really isn't at all. The only thing is that there is a light on deck 5 that stays on. So we close the blinds for full darkness

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...