Indoor Temperature on Cruise Ships

lovesNY

Will be leaving Bayonne NJ for a 12 day cruise on Nov. 28th to the Southern Carribean. Not sure what type of clothing to take. I know at least the 1st two days and the return last 2 days will be chilly/cold. Was wondering --- what type of clothing does everyone wear on board. Docker type pants with a smart top, shorts, bluejeans? Just not sure what to take. Will I need a jacket at the shows or perhaps just a long sleeve top while on-board.

I'm on the sailing after yours! Always take a sweater for dinner, regardless of the venue (MDR, WJ, etc.) Since we are driving down from RI we will have warmer clothes anyway.

I'm hopeful that noontime of the first sea day will be seasonable enough to be on deck/balcony:)

Bring a sweater! I always get SO cold watching the shows in the evenings. Half the time, even with a sweater I still steal DH's suit jacket to cover my goosebumps.

Around the ship I just wear jeans and a top. Sometimes during the day I pull out the sweater, because they tend to super air condition the dining areas.

Personally, I think once you get into warmer weather you will not be wearing your jeans. I don't even take mine on Caribbean cruises - too hot and heavy. You could wear them on the first and last days, though, since you are embarking and disembarking at Bayonne.

Inside the ship will be air conditioned so you might want a wrap for dinner or the theater. It will be refreshing though, trust me. :) You can control your A/C in your cabin but not inside the other areas of the ship, so best take something and not have to use it, rather than wishing you had brought it.

Have fun. :)

The only "bad" times I've ever had on a cruise were directly related to the sub-zero A/C (to me) inside some ships or particular areas of ships. Because I'm very cold-natured, I actually begin to hurt/ache/sick when I get too cold...so now I always pack some pretty wraps, jackets, sweaters, etc., to wear whenever I get too cold.

Lots of folks find the cold temps to be refreshing, but I'm not one of them. Give me the sunshine and high 90's out on deck anytime!:)

Will be leaving Bayonne NJ for a 12 day cruise on Nov. 28th to the Southern Carribean. Not sure what type of clothing to take. I know at least the 1st two days and the return last 2 days will be chilly/cold. Was wondering --- what type of clothing does everyone wear on board. Docker type pants with a smart top, shorts, bluejeans? Just not sure what to take. Will I need a jacket at the shows or perhaps just a long sleeve top while on-board.

I see you will be cruising with us and a whole bunch of nice folks. Come over to our roll call and introduce your self. Go to main boards, click on Royal caribbean meet and mingles. Scroll down to Explorer of the Seas. Then look for 11-28-10. We would love to have you join our group.

Judi :)

I'm on the sailing after yours! Always take a sweater for dinner, regardless of the venue (MDR, WJ, etc.) Since we are driving down from RI we will have warmer clothes anyway.

I'm hopeful that noontime of the first sea day will be seasonable enough to be on deck/balcony:)

Bring a sweater! I always get SO cold watching the shows in the evenings. Half the time, even with a sweater I still steal DH's suit jacket to cover my goosebumps.

Around the ship I just wear jeans and a top. Sometimes during the day I pull out the sweater, because they tend to super air condition the dining areas.

The only "bad" times I've ever had on a cruise were directly related to the sub-zero A/C (to me) inside some ships or particular areas of ships. Because I'm very cold-natured, I actually begin to hurt/ache/sick when I get too cold...so now I always pack some pretty wraps, jackets, sweaters, etc., to wear whenever I get too cold.

Lots of folks find the cold temps to be refreshing, but I'm not one of them. Give me the sunshine and high 90's out on deck anytime!:)

I think that Royal Caribbean is trying to save money on its utility bills. ;)

The last couple of cruises, it was quite noticeably warmer. No more "it's cold at the show" or "it's freezing in the dining room."

Downright warm sometimes.

Did this a few years ago. When we awoke the morning after we sailed, it was snowing. I only had 1 sweater and wore it most of the week until I left it somewhere and someone else who was cold snatched it. Pants were needed to be outdoors. Also some areas were downright chilly where doors to the outside opened frequently. Pack a variety. Shorts were fine for the islands but the sea days were definitely not shorts temperatures. Will not do that time again because I like being outdoors and it was just plain cold 2 of 9 days.

Edited by nicknboone

• 6 years later...

It is very old post and topic, but I found this prior to our Christmas cruise, and thought I'd give an update:

At least for Quantum of the Seas Shanghai Nagsaki Busan Shanghai.

The air temperature ranged from 6C to 11C so quite cold.

We knew it was going to be cold, so we packed a lot of coats and jackets and even thermal wear.

Our Cabins had temperature control, so we can set it to 74F or whatever you like, so you can be quite warm in your Cabin.

Inside Temperatures in the ship is also quite regulated, and I was able to walk around in just a Tshirt and jeans. The problem was that I decided to walk out on the deck for short cut, and that really chilled me a lot, so from then on, I still wore a jacket from then on. Temperatures in Theaters and restaurants are very comfortable and I could take off my jacket without any problem

Hope this helps.

Arvin