Celebrity Balconies

ABBE

Does Anyone Know What Is Up With Celebrity Balconies. We Like To Book Early And I Have Been Shopping For A Winter 2006 Cruise. So Far, I Have Found Balconies Unavailable On Constellations Feb. 18, March 4 And 11 Sailings. Millenniums Feb. 19, March 12 And 19. Also Summit Hawaii March 12. Concierge Class Is Readily Available On All These Sailings. I Know They Can't Be All Sold Out This Soon. If Anyone Knows Anything I'd Love To Know. I Wrote Celebrity A Note But They Have Not Answered.

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked a suite on the Summit going 9th April 2006, and we got the very last one.

I saw them quickly disappearing around December/January time, so booked sharpish.

So yes, I think they've just gone.

Sorry,

Dan

Half of the regular balcony cabins became concierge class on the Millie class ships. There are no longer 1A, 1B, and 1C cabins. Those were changed to CC cabins. So you are only left with 2A, 2B, and 2C cabins. For those that want a balcony and not pay extra for a CC cabin with the extras, the number available is cut in half from what there were just a few years ago before the concierge class was available.

We have a back to back booked on the Constellation out of San Juan Jan 21,2006 and Jan 28,2006 and as of a few minutes ago, the Celebrity Website was showing availability for both weeks for veranda staterooms ( more on the 28th than the 21st, but both were available.)

The biggest balconies are supposedly the aft cabins, I think, but those go pretty quickly.

Hope that helps,

In January we booked a CC on the constellation for the week of 3/4/06. We were looking for a regular balcony.There were no balcony rooms available at that time for 2 people. If you go to Celebrity website and put in "3" as the number of occupants, there are 2A, 2B, and 2C balcony cabins available for this cruise. However, it will not give you the option of those cabins if you have "2" as the number of occupants. The CC that i booked also can accommodate 3 or 4 total people so I am not sure why that is an option and the regular verandas (2A, 2B, 2C) are not available. Of course, I may be missing something in my research!!! But without spending a lot of time on this, the above has been my observation in my case.

It seems that many cabins are blocked/reserved by Travelagents.

So, maybe if you shop around you can find free cabins and get quotes.

I have been told the reason for this is that TA's reserve big blocks of rooms. Those that they don't sell are released about 90 days prior to sailing. There is a big glut around that point and some great cabins at equally great prices can be found.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks For The Tip. There Are Plenty Of Balconies Available For 3. A Travel Agent Told Me It Is A Way To Make More Money. Celebrity Keeps Giving Me A Different Story, Depending On Whom I Ask. We Were Hoping To Do A Back To Back Feb. 25 And March 4, But Since Regular Balconies Are Not Available, We Are Presently Booked On Princess For The Second Week. The Fact That They Kept Telling Me That All The Balconies Were Booked Does Not Seem Good Busines. At Least, They Could Have Told Me The Truth Up Front.

Archived