Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Another question--

I got this jacket for a super de duper price! It's not FIRE I'm pretty sure. I've been looking for a casual windbreaker like jacket and can't seem to find one that's in FIRE.

BUT, question is--would it be totally awful?

I'll attach my home taken pictures and also what I think it is with a couple of online pictures.

As always, your thoughts?

http://www.altrec.com/columbia/womens-benton-springs-full-zip#learn_more

I think the closest colors on this site are "glacial" and "bark".

Joby, the brown looks pretty good to me. Maybe a scarf around

your neck in a Fire color...

I am far from being the expert here so lets see what everyone else says.

I'm looking for a cardigan which I can purchase online.

I'd love to have one in one of our bright colors but I haven't

found any. Have any of you seen anything?

On the other hand I was wondering if this is our Light Warm Grey.

Thoughts please...Thanks

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=554033&CategoryID=260#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D326

I'm looking for a cardigan which I can purchase online.

I'd love to have one in one of our bright colors but I haven't

found any. Have any of you seen anything?

On the other hand I was wondering if this is our Light Warm Grey.

Thoughts please...Thanks

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=554033&CategoryID=260#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D326

It's going to be impossible to tell online if that's the right gray...the photo is "photoshopped" so depending on how accurately the graphic designer was a selecting the right representative gray, it might be...or it could totally bomb...you need to see that one IRL IMO.

It's going to be impossible to tell online if that's the right gray...the photo is "photoshopped" so depending on how accurately the graphic designer was a selecting the right representative gray, it might be...or it could totally bomb...you need to see that one IRL IMO.

My problem Anita is that as I've mentioned before I live in

"A galaxy far far away" and there's no Macy's here...

I don't want to take a chance and be bummed...

I don't think that retuning items from my galaxy would

be a great idea. It would probably cost more than the cardigan! :p

Thanks for your input!

Edited by jubie

My problem Anita is that as I've mentioned before I live in

"A galaxy far far away" and there's no Macy's here...

I don't want to take a chance and be bummed...

I don't think that retuning items from my galaxy would

be a great idea. It would probably cost more than the cardigan! :p

Thanks for your input!

I'm sorry...I didn't remember who said they lived in the boondocks.

I wonder if that cardigan is in the stores? I live less than 3 miles from a mall. I could check that out for you. I might do some running around tomorrow. I need to buy some cake pans to make my birthday cake. If I do, is there anything else you would like me to check out and report on specifically? I don't mind having a mission...I halfway just feel like bumming around the mall...and it's my birthday week so I get to do whatever I want! :D

I'm sorry...I didn't remember who said they lived in the boondocks.

I wonder if that cardigan is in the stores? I live less than 3 miles from a mall. I could check that out for you. I might do some running around tomorrow. I need to buy some cake pans to make my birthday cake. If I do, is there anything else you would like me to check out and report on specifically? I don't mind having a mission...I halfway just feel like bumming around the mall...and it's my birthday week so I get to do whatever I want! :D

What day is your b-day?? Birthday weeks are the best. A great excuse

to do whatever YOU want!! Don't forget to send us some cyber-cake. Yum!

That would be amazing! As I said in my post, I'm on the look out for

cardigans. I'd love to find something (besides that grey) in a summery bright Fire color. It can be from any of the stores that I can order from

online. OMG I'm so excited! Anita, thanks so much! :D

Edited by jubie

What day is your b-day?? Birthday weeks are the best. A great excuse

to do whatever YOU want!! Don't forget to send us some cyber-cake. Yum!

That would be amazing! As I said in my post, I'm on the look out for

cardigans. I'd love to find something (besides that grey) in a summery bright Fire color. It can be from any of the stores that I can order from

online. OMG I'm so excited! Anita, thanks so much! :D

OK! I'll be on the lookout for cardigans...I have some time here...I might browse the sites of some stores I know that are in the mall to see if there is anything I should definitely check out.

My bday is this Friday, March 25...gonna be 39, I got one more year before the big celebration...I'll definitely send out some cyber cake...Mom bought the Tommy Bahama Cookbook at a Border's location that is closing...it had the most fabulous Pina Colada cake recipe in it! (Which if you have never had, you seriously need to have, because it is AWESOME! sure to be available at a Tommy Bahama's near you)...it's the big experiment to make at home...really looking forward to it. :)

Another question--

I got this jacket for a super de duper price! It's not FIRE I'm pretty sure. I've been looking for a casual windbreaker like jacket and can't seem to find one that's in FIRE.

BUT, question is--would it be totally awful?

I'll attach my home taken pictures and also what I think it is with a couple of online pictures.

As always, your thoughts?

http://www.altrec.com/columbia/womens-benton-springs-full-zip#learn_more

I think the closest colors on this site are "glacial" and "bark".

Hi all,

any other opinions on this jacket?

Jubie votes kind of a yes.

Anyone else?

Ok...so I was able to spend quite a bit of time in Macy's today and also went to Dillards.

First, the gray that you posted a link to is NOT a fire color. It is a warmish gray, but it is a heathered gray (think grey t-shirt material) with a kind of ivory in the heathering...it MIGHT be more suitable for Earth is someone just HAD to have a gray cardigan for some reason...but really this is not a great color to add to the wardrobe of either Fire or Earth...so pass on the gray one.

This cardigan did come in other colors that were better...the colors are not exactly clear, but not exactly muted either...which sounds ridiculous...but being the sweater material...I admit that sweaters can really throw me for a loop...

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=476729&CategoryID=260#fn=SWEATER_STYLE%3DCardigan%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D209

For the above link, the colors Pear and Purple Orchid are good Fire colors. Coral Dream is fairly muted for a coral and might be better for Earth, but Fire might be able to wear this also. Honey Blossom had more than one dye lot on display...some in that color were clear (Fire) and some were muted (Earth). The names of the colors for Charter Club are the same for many different clothing items...if you see a pattern...it's Earth. And I did notice in other items that the dye lots did seem to vary...so I'm not sure how consistant the colors will be. Could be the luck of the dye lot.

What is frustrating is that there was a beautiful Fire blue called Crystal Water, but I can't find it online. I don't think you can order it at this time. You might want to watch out for it because it was definitely Fire.

I don't know if you are flexible in your cardigan style...I'm having a hard time finding what I found in the stores online...

This is a DEFINITE Fire yellow "Sunray":

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=502589127&Ntk=all&Nty=1&Ntt=calvin+klein+sunray&N=1000301&searchUrl=%2Fendeca%2FEndecaStartServlet%3FNtk%3Dall%26Nty%3D1%26Ntt%3Dcalvin%2Bklein%2Bsunray%26N%3D1000301&R=03501675&IN_MERCH=true

This one in "Intense Red" is good:

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=502587370&view=20&No=20&Ntt=investments&Ntk=all&search.x=21&N=1000410&Nty=1&search.y=12&searchUrl=%2Fendeca%2FEndecaStartServlet%3Fview%3D20%26No%3D20%26Ntt%3Dinvestments%26Ntk%3Dall%26search.x%3D21%26N%3D1000410%26Nty%3D1%26search.y%3D12&R=03398297

Could you do a more jacket look instead of a cardigan? Then the colors "vivid lime" and "bright aqua" here are good:

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=502593798&rr=true&catalogId=301

This is pretty frustrating...of all the things that I found in the stores...I can't seem to find them online. I'll have to spend a bit more time searching these things out...I'm actually very curious about this, because there appears to be either a difference between an internet buyer and the individual store's buyers OR the internet is behind or ahead of the stores or something...I'd like to figure it out.

Anyway...I hope what I posted so far helps.

Ok...so I was able to spend quite a bit of time in Macy's today and also went to Dillards.

First, the gray that you posted a link to is NOT a fire color. It is a warmish gray, but it is a heathered gray (think grey t-shirt material) with a kind of ivory in the heathering...it MIGHT be more suitable for Earth is someone just HAD to have a gray cardigan for some reason...but really this is not a great color to add to the wardrobe of either Fire or Earth...so pass on the gray one.

This cardigan did come in other colors that were better...the colors are not exactly clear, but not exactly muted either...which sounds ridiculous...but being the sweater material...I admit that sweaters can really throw me for a loop...

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=476729&CategoryID=260#fn=SWEATER_STYLE%3DCardigan%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D209

For the above link, the colors Pear and Purple Orchid are good Fire colors. Coral Dream is fairly muted for a coral and might be better for Earth, but Fire might be able to wear this also. Honey Blossom had more than one dye lot on display...some in that color were clear (Fire) and some were muted (Earth). The names of the colors for Charter Club are the same for many different clothing items...if you see a pattern...it's Earth. And I did notice in other items that the dye lots did seem to vary...so I'm not sure how consistant the colors will be. Could be the luck of the dye lot.

What is frustrating is that there was a beautiful Fire blue called Crystal Water, but I can't find it online. I don't think you can order it at this time. You might want to watch out for it because it was definitely Fire.

I don't know if you are flexible in your cardigan style...I'm having a hard time finding what I found in the stores online...

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=502589127&Ntk=all&Nty=1&Ntt=calvin+klein+sunray&N=1000301&searchUrl=%2Fendeca%2FEndecaStartServlet%3FNtk%3Dall%26Nty%3D1%26Ntt%3Dcalvin%2Bklein%2Bsunray%26N%3D1000301&R=03501675&IN_MERCH=true

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=502587370&view=20&No=20&Ntt=investments&Ntk=all&search.x=21&N=1000410&Nty=1&search.y=12&searchUrl=%2Fendeca%2FEndecaStartServlet%3Fview%3D20%26No%3D20%26Ntt%3Dinvestments%26Ntk%3Dall%26search.x%3D21%26N%3D1000410%26Nty%3D1%26search.y%3D12&R=03398297

Could you do a more jacket look instead of a cardigan? Then the colors "vivid lime" and "bright aqua" here are good:

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=502593798&rr=true&catalogId=301

This is pretty frustrating...of all the things that I found in the stores...I can't seem to find them online. I'll have to spend a bit more time searching these things out...I'm actually very curious about this, because there appears to be either a difference between an internet buyer and the individual store's buyers OR the internet is behind or ahead of the stores or something...I'd like to figure it out.

First of all, I can't thank you enough for doing all this homework

for me. It is so helpful and I'm sure is saving me big bucks!

I think that I'll probably order the cardi in Pear and keep looking

for others. I wish I could see the Crystal Water. For some reason

the name rings beautiful in my ears!

I'm really looking for the clasic cut cardigan, but pretty shrugs

would probably do the trick too since I'm looking for my summer

wardrobe and not winter.

Thanks again!

Loved checking out the links you provided.

Hi, everyone,

So Anita gave me a call yesterday and we did some virtual shopping together. She was rattling off such beautiful color names and I would run to the computer and try to find them online! So finally I couldn't stand it anymore, and I headed out to our mall.

I checked out all the colors she told me about in Macy's. They were all beautiful. Unfortunately I had a little difficulty with fit and style. I have a horrible problem that is probably all very mental, but I can't have anything that sits too close to my neck. I don't know when I developed this problem, but it may have had something to do with my goiter surgery. I just found myself pulling at any neckline that would sit close to my neck and so I've gotten into scoop necklines and deep-Vs, basically anything that I don't find myself trying to pull away. Those tees were just sitting too close, kind of borderline in comfort for me.

So I went browsing and found the MOST beautiful red at Michael Kors! It's called Red Blaze and it's absolutely gorgeous. So, I tried on a top that could be layered and had a very funny moment. I had on this most amazing FIRE color and I put this, really pretty, overshirt on that was a fire tan with gold threads woven throughout. Like I said "pretty," but I couldn't believe how it made me feel "taken down a notch." So, I whipped that off pretty fast and went looking for a Red Blaze overshirt! LOL! The Michael Kors red blaze overshirts were in Macy's; the size of the top I bought I had to find at Dillards. These are on the sale rack so if you need a beautiful red... head out!...

Also, I went to Chico's. Cadmium Red... beautiful. Infinity Blue... gorgeous! So, if you don't want to buy for right now, put those colors on your list so you can check the Chico's sales.

Then, off to Cache! OMG! If you want a blue, a truly FIRE blue, head out to Cache. They have the MOST beautiful FIRE blues in stock right now. And they have great GOLD accents in buttons, thread, etc. I wish that I could give you a name, but guess what? The tag for the color says... "blue"...

AND, finally, at LIMITED... OMG... the most beautiful purple! PURPLE!

I didn't have the time to try on a lot yesterday so I'm getting my "act" together and going back out to the mall either today or tomorrow. I'm totally pumped at these beautiful, beautiful blues, reds, and purples that are available to us in the stores right now!

Hi, everyone,

So Anita gave me a call yesterday and we did some virtual shopping together. She was rattling off such beautiful color names and I would run to the computer and try to find them online! So finally I couldn't stand it anymore, and I headed out to our mall.

I checked out all the colors she told me about in Macy's. They were all beautiful. Unfortunately I had a little difficulty with fit and style. I have a horrible problem that is probably all very mental, but I can't have anything that sits too close to my neck. I don't know when I developed this problem, but it may have had something to do with my goiter surgery. I just found myself pulling at any neckline that would sit close to my neck and so I've gotten into scoop necklines and deep-Vs, basically anything that I don't find myself trying to pull away. Those tees were just sitting too close, kind of borderline in comfort for me.

So I went browsing and found the MOST beautiful red at Michael Kors! It's called Red Blaze and it's absolutely gorgeous. So, I tried on a top that could be layered and had a very funny moment. I had on this most amazing FIRE color and I put this, really pretty, overshirt on that was a fire tan with gold threads woven throughout. Like I said "pretty," but I couldn't believe how it made me feel "taken down a notch." So, I whipped that off pretty fast and went looking for a Red Blaze overshirt! LOL! The Michael Kors red blaze overshirts were in Macy's; the size of the top I bought I had to find at Dillards. These are on the sale rack so if you need a beautiful red... head out!...

Also, I went to Chico's. Cadmium Red... beautiful. Infinity Blue... gorgeous! So, if you don't want to buy for right now, put those colors on your list so you can check the Chico's sales.

Then, off to Cache! OMG! If you want a blue, a truly FIRE blue, head out to Cache. They have the MOST beautiful FIRE blues in stock right now. And they have great GOLD accents in buttons, thread, etc. I wish that I could give you a name, but guess what? The tag for the color says... "blue"...

I didn't have the time to try on a lot yesterday so I'm getting my "act" together and going back out to the mall either today or tomorrow. I'm totally pumped at these beautiful, beautiful blues, reds, and purples that are available to us in the stores right now!

Hi Pam,

Ooohhh, I'm excited to hear about these new colors. We do have a Macy's here and a Cache, Chico's

and Limited in Indianapolis.

We all know how obsessed I now am with our FIRE blues, purples and greens :D

I LOVE it when anyone finds a perfect FIRE color and can give the exact name of it. If we have local stores, it makes a really good teaching tool!

I'm making a list and checking it twice with the new color names.

Send me an email, hopefully we can get together when we are on our trip to the SW this summer, wouldn't that be a lot of fun :)

Anita, thanks for doing this. It's always so helpful :) You're a gem!

Jenny, I'm anxious to see your pics. Do you like the new clothes?

They look great. I haven't really done anything with them. They are all short sleeve or no sleeve shirts and since Rhode Island hasn't received the news that it's spring ,it is about 40 degrees. I promise to take pics really soon.

They look great. I haven't really done anything with them. They are all short sleeve or no sleeve shirts and since Rhode Island hasn't received the news that it's spring ,it is about 40 degrees. I promise to take pics really soon.

I can vouch for that! It was snowing when I was in Newport on business last Monday!

Love your avatar pic, Jenny!

Jane

First of all, I can't thank you enough for doing all this homework

for me. It is so helpful and I'm sure is saving me big bucks!

I think that I'll probably order the cardi in Pear and keep looking

for others. I wish I could see the Crystal Water. For some reason

the name rings beautiful in my ears!

I'm really looking for the clasic cut cardigan, but pretty shrugs

would probably do the trick too since I'm looking for my summer

wardrobe and not winter.

Thanks again!

It has been fun having a mission for my retail theraphy :D

If we can have fun with color names...I would consider "Pear" to be in the "Granny Smith Apple" Green family, but much less intense than normal with a touch of "Avocado" added to it, but not too much. I think that it will be a nice color to have.

Crystal Water is a nice blue. I wish it were online. I don't really understand about that. I don't know if you could call into Macy's customer service to ask about that? If you haven't ordered yet, and you like the style of that cardigan...then I would recommend taking the chance and ordering that color also. Seriously. It's a great blue in that classic traditional cardigan style.

Hi, everyone,

Pam, is this the purple that you saw at The Limited?

http://www.thelimited.com/detail/spring-scoop-cardigan/5508593

Happy Birthday to a Beautiful, Earthy Woman!! :D

I was just perusing the TV with QVC and saw this skirt being featured. The Cocoa color is definitely, absolutely perfect warm fire brown. Online it looks much more muted and questionable. But, I would bet money that this is a good, neutral piece for Fire!

2na3eqs.jpg

I have a skirt close to this color and it goes with everything in the Fire palette.

Pam, is this the purple that you saw at The Limited?

http://www.thelimited.com/detail/spring-scoop-cardigan/5508593

Julie, that looks like a good color, but it's not "quite" the one that I bought. I think that probably it has to do with the type of fabric, because my top is polyester which holds that clear quality so much better than sweater fabric does. That being said, I think the sweater you found is worth a try, definitely! In looking at the sweater in zoom, I think that the model is wearing the cardigan over a top because I don't think the cardigan has that triangle of fabric at the neckline. So, I would say that this sweater is the complement to the top that I bought, most definitely. Wish the sweater had been in the store because I need some outer garments! Good find.

Edited by Member123
I had more stuff to say