Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

I would LOVE to have another color control for our "fire" palette.

CJW declared me a Fire/Spring and I have lurked on these boards long enough. I have read everything I can get my hands on, including every page of the "Seasons" thread. (Whew, that took quite some time!)

I'd like to thank everyone for the time spent relaying information. I finally understood our blue when I bought my Bluest Eye t-shirt at Old Navy. This thread has been so helpful and everyone seems so nice.

BTW my name is Debbie.

Sorry, everyone.

I'm so new to this. I thought I had quoted the post introducing the idea about the Lowes paint chips. It didn't post the way I thought it would. If anyone would like to take the time to give us newbies a few paint chip names or numbers, I would be most grateful. Debbie

Is supposed to arrive today. I'll see what I think and then put it out for all of you to give comments on :)

351478?$ibm_large$

Well, the jacket came and I'm not convinced it's a FIRE purple. It seems duller or not as bright and clear as my card color.

Also, it's not as purple looking as the model's.

Here's a couple of pictures that I took in our bathroom tonight. One with a flash and one without:

What do you all think?

IMG_7986.jpg.f53a790c8282b13ec07d69e34306f317.jpg

IMG_7988.jpg.cb2f7c8d588db380e3a3f10ef9c1eb4c.jpg

I would LOVE to have another color control for our "fire" palette.

CJW declared me a Fire/Spring and I have lurked on these boards long enough. I have read everything I can get my hands on, including every page of the "Seasons" thread. (Whew, that took quite some time!)

I'd like to thank everyone for the time spent relaying information. I finally understood our blue when I bought my Bluest Eye t-shirt at Old Navy. This thread has been so helpful and everyone seems so nice.

BTW my name is Debbie.

Hi Debbie and welcome :) It is a really nice group. Glad you finally joined in on the conversation too!

I have the "Bluest Eye" shirt from Old Navy too. It's a lovely blue, isn't it?

It makes me nervous and unsure when it comes to our "different" colors like blue, purple and even the greens.

I always think of the blues and purples as being blue based and our FIRE ones are yellow based.

After going this far with my FIRE diagnosis, I want to make sure that from now on, I buy only good FIRE color clothing and "stuff".

What wonderful and patient "teachers" we have on this thread, don't we?

Well, the jacket came and I'm not convinced it's a FIRE purple.

What do you all think?

My dear Joby...

You are not seeing the forest through the trees!;)

Look at this:

ColorInterventionColorCardsExampleFirePurple.jpg

You can't get a better Fire Purple color match to the Color Cards than you have here!

Look at how it is absolutely right and perfectly blending with the cards in bright light, low light, flash, or no flash!

That's part of the fun and beauty of the Color Cards - it's going to match and blend no matter what light you're comparing it in - the card color will match to what you need in every light.

So, you've got it. Don't overthink it.:)

Also, note to everyone - remember when I posted this long ago:

CIFall2010FIRE.jpg

That this warm purple would be coming up in stores, and all of you Fires should take advantage and buy them up as you see them?!?!

Well, you are all seeing these warm purples in the stores now, so you can be confident that they are for you!

Take advantage now, as they won't be manufactured or available after the next season or so...

Hope this helps.:D

Edited by Curt Jerome Wild

Well done Joby! It doesn't get better than a thumbs up from Curt! :D

If it helps at all, I still have a really hard time seeing the fire

colors properly. I've been at this for a while now and I'm

still a work in progress. :rolleyes:

Jubie, Anita and Curt,

a B I G thanks for your color eye help! I'm just not confident at all on the blues and purples and I just LOVE them. I'm trying hard to get the knowledge and eye for my new colors so that I have the confidence to lean on myself and CJW's wonderful color cards.

I'm going to engrave it upon my brain that the cards match the lighting situation whatever it is and I'll repeat it 100 times :D

I'll take a picture tomorrow (you might know, it's a beautiful, bright, sunny day here in the Hoosier state today too) because I have to work a show and won't be home until tonight.

The rain jacket is cute and I think it would be a great bright addition especially during rainy and dreary spring and fall days.

It's also nice to have a color that's a bit different than all the other raincoats out there :)

This thread and all of you are such a great help in the quest of color knowledge--thanks a bazillion :D

Do any of these colors look like spring ? Some of them are unusual

http://www.express.com/banded-bottom-drape-neck-top-33671-9.pro?productVariantId=197621&quantity=1&itemGUID=bb083df0c0a8ab6f010cc53e27ceacb7#jsLink

A lot of Express clothes are available in these colors. The colors do look true to what I've seen in the store. At least on my screen

Edited by JennyMominRI

Do any of these colors look like spring ? Some of them are unusual

http://www.express.com/banded-bottom-drape-neck-top-33671-9.pro?productVariantId=197621&quantity=1&itemGUID=bb083df0c0a8ab6f010cc53e27ceacb7#jsLink

A lot of Express clothes are available in these colors. The colors do look true to what I've seen in the store. At least on my screen

Hi Jenny!

Funny thing is, when I looked at the color samples on that site, I could not tell the difference on my computer between Ice Rose and Pink Flare! The color names are unusual, as you said! Cannes, Persimmon, Bali are your best bets. And Pink Flare and Wild Pink - I am not certain, but they look good for Fire/Spring. Questionable: Gray, Blue, Ivory. They may be too cool in real life for a firey lady!! :p

Hi Jenny!

Funny thing is, when I looked at the color samples on that site, I could not tell the difference on my computer between Ice Rose and Pink Flare! The color names are unusual, as you said! Cannes, Persimmon, Bali are your best bets. And Pink Flare and Wild Pink - I am not certain, but they look good for Fire/Spring. Questionable: Gray, Blue, Ivory. They may be too cool in real life for a firey lady!! :p

The Ice Rose looks warmer to me than the pink flare, which is funny, what with the ice in the name...I had the Persimmon, Cannes and Bali on my , "I think they are fire" list

Hi Jenny!

Hmm...I was thinking that the Cannes might work on (Earthy) me :)

Really hard for me to tell w/o trying it on and taking photos next to my Earth & Fire cards. Let us know if anybody tries these.

Jane

Hmm...I was thinking that the Cannes might work on (Earthy) me :)

Really hard for me to tell w/o trying it on and taking photos next to my Earth & Fire cards. Let us know if anybody tries these.

Jane

I just ordered items in Bali, Persimmon and Cannes. I'll come straight here when I get them

I just ordered items in Bali, Persimmon and Cannes. I'll come straight here when I get them

Hi Jenny,

I'll be anxious to see what you think of the colors. I think many of us (FIRES) are always on the lookout for good matches to our seasonal colors :)

Yes...it'll be interesting to see the colors in relation to something we know...

Since every monitor is different...here's what I see...

Cannes and Persimmon look like potentials for BOTH FIRE and EARTH...Cannes looks a bit muted to me compared to Pink Flare and Ice Rose...and most oranges look great on Earth...this one looks like a hoodie cardigan I have...I love the color...

Bali looks FIRE...

Possible FIRE colors are Violet (similar to this has been picked out by Curt for me from Express), Pink Flare, and Ice Rose...I don't know if the jewelry selection is accurate or not...but Pink Flare has silver jewelry in the picture and Ice Rose has gold...but this doesn't necessarily mean anything...

Possible EARTH colors are Cool Earth, Currant, Rose Sherbet, and Mineral Green...again, Currant has pewter jewelry and the others have golden...but this doesn't mean anything...the Currant color reminds me of a color called "Fig" in Chico's and that was totally Earth...Rose Sherbet reminds me of the wrap that Jane owns that we all called raspberry on the Seasons thread...and that looked great on her.

Yes...it'll be interesting to see the colors in relation to something we know...

Since every monitor is different...here's what I see...

Cannes and Persimmon look like potentials for BOTH FIRE and EARTH...Cannes looks a bit muted to me compared to Pink Flare and Ice Rose...and most oranges look great on Earth...this one looks like a hoodie cardigan I have...I love the color...

Bali looks FIRE...

Possible FIRE colors are Violet (similar to this has been picked out by Curt for me from Express), Pink Flare, and Ice Rose...I don't know if the jewelry selection is accurate or not...but Pink Flare has silver jewelry in the picture and Ice Rose has gold...but this doesn't necessarily mean anything...

Possible EARTH colors are Cool Earth, Currant, Rose Sherbet, and Mineral Green...again, Currant has pewter jewelry and the others have golden...but this doesn't mean anything...the Currant color reminds me of a color called "Fig" in Chico's and that was totally Earth...Rose Sherbet reminds me of the wrap that Jane owns that we all called raspberry on the Seasons thread...and that looked great on her.

I will take pics of me in each color so that you can get a good comparison. They should come early next week. If some of the colors don't work I will take them into the local Express and exchange them

ETA, I recently got some nice clothes at NY& Co in what looks like fire colors. I can post them

Edited by JennyMominRI

I will take pics of me in each color so that you can get a good comparison. They should come early next week. If some of the colors don't work I will take them into the local Express and exchange them

ETA, I recently got some nice clothes at NY& Co in what looks like fire colors. I can post them

Oooo PCITURES! We LOVE pictures! Do share...

Oooo PCITURES! We LOVE pictures! Do share...

I will take pictures of some of the other clothes that I think are fire, but here are a few of me in fire clothes. I do have trouble telling colors, so I could be wrong. These were taking at a convention in LA last month

IMG_0113.jpg

Both shirts were bought at NY and CO

I'm wearing the same shirt in a different color. Sitting with my hubby and my friend Sam who writes horror novels

180610_10150100546176377_719356376_6766167_3741472_n.jpg

And this is my favorite sweater, also from NY& Co

orange.jpg

I will take pictures of some of the other clothes that I think are fire, but here are a few of me in fire clothes.

IMG_0113.jpg

Both shirts were bought at NY and CO

I'm wearing the same shirt in a different color. Sitting with my hubby and my friend Sam who writes horror novels

180610_10150100546176377_719356376_6766167_3741472_n.jpg

And this is my favorite sweater, also from NY& Co

orange.jpg

Jenny!

You look absolutely beautiful in your Fire colors are warmer hair!

What an amazing evolution from where you began...

You're just totally glowing now that you've embraced "your Fire".

I'm so pleased, blessed, humbled, and honored to be a small part of your beautiful transformation!:D

You go girl!:cool:

Jenny!

You look absolutely beautiful in your Fire colors are warmer hair!

What an amazing evolution from where you began...

You're just totally glowing now that you've embraced "your Fire".

I'm so pleased, blessed, humbled, and honored to be a small part of your beautiful transformation!:D

You go girl!:cool:

Hear,Hear! Of course I agree with Curt, You are positively glowing in all those pictures! Looks like you had an awesome cruise :)

I also noticed how nice and warm the backgrounds were in those pics.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr

Another question--

I got this jacket for a super de duper price! It's not FIRE I'm pretty sure. I've been looking for a casual windbreaker like jacket and can't seem to find one that's in FIRE.

BUT, question is--would it be totally awful?

I'll attach my home taken pictures and also what I think it is with a couple of online pictures.

As always, your thoughts?

http://www.altrec.com/columbia/womens-benton-springs-full-zip#learn_more

I think the closest colors on this site are "glacial" and "bark".

005.jpg.b343461f851fcf42a5c0d2042c9cab90.jpg

006.jpg.fa44c22cdfce8a67deb2bd7a1e958a29.jpg

007.jpg.36f267048da453d72b7196e170881a33.jpg