need info on "Tuesday" specials

How far out from a sail date can the absolutely lowest prices be found? Currently I'm looking at a radiance sailing at 299 pp. Is there any chance it will go lower closer to sail day?

I don't want to appear dumb but I need to ask. What are "Tuesday" specials and how do they work.

Bob

I don't want to appear dumb but I need to ask. What are "Tuesday" specials and how do they work.

Bob

Here is the link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Available on Mondays for Crown and Anchor member and on Tuesday for everyone. Remember, new bookings only.............

Here is the link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Available on Mondays for Crown and Anchor member and on Tuesday for everyone. Remember, new bookings only.............

Thank you for your quick response. I have a question. If you are already booked but haven't paid your final payment. Can you upgrade your room?

Bob

Thank you for your quick response. I have a question. If you are already booked but haven't paid your final payment. Can you upgrade your room?

Bob

Someone will be able to provide accurate information, but, the sailings that I have seen listed are usually after the final payment date has passed.

Bob

No, you will need to cancel and rebook. Unless, of course, your total amount goes up. Then, yes.

I'm not waiting for the price to hit rock bottom, rather waiting to see if I get the time off first. Just wondering what trends were for when the fairs ussaly get as low as they get. I understand if there is none just wondering what all you think.

Also, how does one qualify for the 3/4 price listed on the specials sheet?

I'm not waiting for the price to hit rock bottom, rather waiting to see if I get the time off first. Just wondering what trends were for when the fairs ussaly get as low as they get. I understand if there is none just wondering what all you think.

Also, how does one qualify for the 3/4 price listed on the specials sheet?

That means "3rd and 4th passenger" in the cabin, not "three-quarters rate".

:)

• 1 month later...
Can Tuesday Specials be booked through a TA or must it be direct with the cruiseline? Can it be transferred to a TA after booking?

Yes they can be booked through a TA but since they are usually after final payment then they couldn't be transferred.

I don't know how the booking stuff goes in Australia Donna. I know that some people from other countries use US travel agents. I'm sorry I'm not more informed. And that link ONLY works on Tuesdays here in the US. We can look at it on other days, but you can't book then. Maybe bookmark it and check it on your ...Monday?

Cruise pricing is a crapshoot at best. It's all dependent on how well (or poorly) the sail date is selling. Just like timing the stock market ... once in a while you'll hit it; but as a rule, you're better off sticking with what you have. Royal Caribbean has imposed more stringent regulations about price drops (either via reduction or onboard credit) after final payment date ... in a word, no. There has been much written elsewhere on these boards, but they're essentially conforming to other cruise lines' policies, i.e. only new bookings qualify for the lower prices. Makes sense ... why would they want to give you something you didn't have when you first booked? If you weren't okay with the price, you wouldn't have signed on. It's all about filling the ship.

How far out from a sail date can the absolutely lowest prices be found? Currently I'm looking at a radiance sailing at 299 pp. Is there any chance it will go lower closer to sail day?

I tend to book on whether or not I am comfortable paying the price that I see listed. My general rule if the price is around $100/per day then I think I'm getting a pretty good price!

I believe the Tuesday sales are for US and Canada residents only. Now if you book with a US or Canada travel agent, you might be eligible for them, but I know the lines have been cracking down on these bookings.

As for an earlier post, yes you seem to be able to combine discounts. I recently booked a sales event cruise with TA OBC and a balcony discount.

I have never booked a Tuesday Special so I apologize in advance in case I again annoy folks with my questions. I do know how to find the listing using the link that was provided earlier in this thread. But when I look at any cabins/prices online on a TA's website or even RCL's - I don't see the same prices. Do you have to call to either a TA or RCL and specifically ask for a Tuesday Special price? :confused:

I have never booked a Tuesday Special so I apologize in advance in case I again annoy folks with my questions. I do know how to find the listing using the link that was provided earlier in this thread. But when I look at any cabins/prices online on a TA's website or even RCL's - I don't see the same prices. Do you have to call to either a TA or RCL and specifically ask for a Tuesday Special price? :confused:

Yes, either you or your TA must book with Royal Caribbean on Tuesday.

Archived