Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

This is the best review I've ever read - not to mention the most romantic! I've been checking every day to see the updates.

Had to wipe my eyes while viewing the 'proposal' pics - really! How sweet - and what a beautiful couple and family.

Good luck to Tracy on her future venture - I'm sure she'll do an amazing job.

Great pictures as well!

I did get a bit scared, though, upon reading that you/Tracy did 4 miles/5 miles a day, and still gained weight (yikes! I just started working out, and 1.5 miles is a big deal for me! Guess I'll have to forgo a few desserts on my next cruise;)).

Congrats again, and best wishes to you and your family.

It looks like you have a lot of wonderful memories.

Yes, we lucked out, 1/2 day of rain at our last port and that's out of 21 days.:)

Why Baltimore and why January? Several reasons, Tracy as you may or may not know is a Paramedic, however, she's also a final candidate to become a Mountie. (I'm a Mountie)

It's a life long dream of her to become a police officer. She became a duel citizen last year and she applied and got accepted. She wanted to wait until the kids were older before going away.

Chances are she will be leaving for 6 months of training sometimes after January and thus no summer vacations next year. As a new recruit, you do not get any vacation time.

Therefore we wanted to go on one more cruise before she leaves. Baltimore is the closest port to where we live. In addition, it's during Christmas break and the kids will not miss any school.

When she goes away I will miss her dearly, by proposing and renewing our vows again was my way of showing her how much I love her and support her.

I know how you feel... when my husband went to Iraq, we had been married 29 years and had never been apart for more than 3 weeks. He was gone for 18 months:(. It was difficult, but I think it made us stronger :)

Best of luck to you Tracy! What a great opportunity to do something you always wanted to do. And Mike it is so great that you are so supportive!

Congrats to both of you!

Charlene

I write down the page number where I left off reading (just like a book mark) so I can go right there when I can get back online.

Such a fabulous story and am so enjoying every bit of it.

Beautiful family Mike and Tracy!

Michele

Carncruiser1964,

Me TOO! I can't WAIT for the next installment!:D

Mike,

You are doing a GREAT job! Thanks for sharing with us!

After returning to the ship we all met in Peter and Rosemary’s cabin for some wine. The snorkeling/shopping/wine forced me to take my first nap since our vacation started ( I hate to miss anything), in fact everyone took a nap (adults) and most of us made it to dinner on time. Since we set the rule concerning dinner we had to make sure to be there on time.

We called Nanny and Grampy’s cabin at 5:55 p.m and they were still asleep. They made it to dinner at 6:20. The kids made a remark "why are they allowed to be late" it's simple " because they’re Nanny and Grampy".

Tracy and I must have worked up an appetite today, we both had two starters, a main course and two desserts.

They used to hate each other

Cruising2010333.jpg

Cruising2010336.jpg

Cruising2010335.jpg

I still look tired.

Cruising2010332.jpg

Cruising2010339-1.jpg

Entertainment every night

Cruising2010340.jpg

This is a fantastic review. My work has been suffering for the last few days. I want to start cruising with our kids, ages 3 and 7. Our last cruising experience was when our son was 15 months old and he was just too young. I think we are ready to give it a go again.

Thank you, I'm sure with Camp Carnival for the kids you'll have a fantastic time.

Mike, who did you book the snorkeling with? Was it through the ship? I have a couple of people in our group that are scared of deep water (they are very weak swimmers), so how deep was the water?

Thanks for serving our country, the RCMP are highly respected by everyone we know and is one of the coolest national symbols in the world.

Good luck to Tracy getting in to the RCMP, and both of you stay safe!!!

Carnival, $25 per person. Thank you from both of us.

Great review, glad to hear there are some romantics out there.

Seems like there are alot of marrages that didn't start down on one knee but they all worked and seem happy.

Cozumel is a great place to snorkel for the first time because you can walk in from the beach and stay in shallow water if you wish.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Shumdit

Thank you, well said.

I can say almost the opposite. DH is starting a 6 month Paramedic school on Monday, (October 11, 2010). He won't be going "away", but I'm sure he will have to have a lot of study time and clinicals. He has been a peace officer, (local sheriff and city), firefighter, and now he's going for the final civil service. Told him I want a cruise, (and I'm looking at out of Miami), when he is done.

I might even make him do a vow renewal, (your fault :D). Not to deter from your wonderful thread, but I do not have and engagement ring either, (I told him when we were getting married, 16 years ago). And have supported his public service as a Parole Officer for almost 20 years.

Yeah, your thread is getting sent to my DH!!!!

Thank you and good luck to both of you.

yes the Mounties are the coolest national icon :D for us Canadian, i love the holigram I have in my passport. I had my first tatoo over 30 years ago when it was not cool for women to have one..... The only other tatoo i want now is that holigram from my passport. It says I am Canadian :)

Very happy that you and the family will be taking another cruise before Tracy goes off to do training. here is wishing her all the success in the new venture she is going to do.

can we get on to the vows please ;) h

Thank you, I'll tell her, better yet she will be reading all of the threads when she gets home tomorrow.

The vows, coming on the next day of my review. I do not many photographs, my personal photographer (Rick) was a bit slack. ;). Tomorrow after work I have to go to our local supermarket and scan the photographs we purchased from the ship's photographer, get on a disk, bring it home, download it. All for you, in other words :D . Please be patient, it might be Saturday until we are saying our "I do"

This is the best review I've ever read - not to mention the most romantic! I've been checking every day to see the updates.

Had to wipe my eyes while viewing the 'proposal' pics - really! How sweet - and what a beautiful couple and family.

Good luck to Tracy on her future venture - I'm sure she'll do an amazing job.

Great pictures as well!

I did get a bit scared, though, upon reading that you/Tracy did 4 miles/5 miles a day, and still gained weight (yikes! I just started working out, and 1.5 miles is a big deal for me! Guess I'll have to forgo a few desserts on my next cruise;)).

Congrats again, and best wishes to you and your family.

Thank you very much from both of us,

I've just spent Hours reading your review and from one Maritimer to another - you did real good! LOL ;)

THIS is what we love about Cruising- special people like you and your Family. Who knows - maybe we'll see you on Board sometime.

Congratulations on having such a committed and loving relationship as well!

Good luck to tracy, I'm sure it will be hard when she is away but if she is happy it will be all worth it.

How was the shopping in the port area. good enough or should we go into town.

Thank you and I'll have to get Tracy to answer you tomorrow on the shopping.

I know how you feel... when my husband went to Iraq, we had been married 29 years and had never been apart for more than 3 weeks. He was gone for 18 months:(. It was difficult, but I think it made us stronger :)

Best of luck to you Tracy! What a great opportunity to do something you always wanted to do. And Mike it is so great that you are so supportive!

Congrats to both of you!

Charlene

Thank you, the longuest we have been apart is 5 weeks, 6 months will feel like an eternity. :(. Intead of counting down the days to our next cruise I'll be counting the days when I have her in my arms again.

Carncruiser1964,

Me TOO! I can't WAIT for the next installment!:D

Mike,

You are doing a GREAT job! Thanks for sharing with us!

Thank you, I think I'm done for the night, back at it before I go to work tomorrow.

Great review! I have made it through the Destiny and the Imagination. I was on the Imagination last week and your pictures stirred up memories. I didn't know that was the owner's suite on the lido deck under the Imagination sign. I would think that would be a noisy area for a room. I'm looking forward to reading the Valor and Freedom reviews too!

After returning to the ship we all met in Peter and Rosemary’s cabin for some wine. The snorkeling/shopping/wine forced me to take my first nap since our vacation started ( I hate to miss anything), in fact everyone took a nap (adults) and most of us made it to dinner on time. Since we set the rule concerning dinner we had to make sure to be there on time.

Had to LOL at this! I am the same way,you almost have to pay me to take a nap while on vacation!

My DH is a police officer and our 2 DS'es are also. DS #2 was just promoted to Detective. :D I know the sacrifices that are made.

Good luck to Tracey and enjoy planning your January cruise! BTW, my maternal GF was born and brought up in Buckingham, Quebec. My grandparents have passed, but my mom and her brothers and sisters are owners of the summer camp they had on Long Lake in the same town. ;)

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry, with the renewal!! We leave for Miami on Sunday morning to board our cruise on the Imagination on Monday. I don't want to wait until we return to see the renewal. (just kidding - you have done a fantastic job on this review - I have enjoyed reading, especially the Imagination since we will be on her next week) If I don't get to read it before we leave, it will give me something to look forward to when we return, since it's always a let down returning from a cruise:( By the way, I loved Arielle snorkeling in her pearls. What class!! Thanks again for keeping us all entertained.

Snorkeling pics are great! Also in my madness to continually keep this post on the front page!!! (makes it easier for us to find the next installment quickly:D)

Interesting you were able to go under water. While an avid swimmer in both pools and lakes I never snorkeled until I did an excursion in Bermuda in 2006. They would not let us go under the water. They said for safety but I'm also sure it is to protect that beautiful reef of theirs.

Cozumel looks fantastic, thanks so much for post the pictures. We've yet to do a western itinerary and it's on my wish list.

My DH is former cop. As he always said to me, you unfortunately see the public at it's worst and during a crisis so it's a love-hate relationship although most appreciate the jobs you officers of the law do.

Just remember while Tracy is away that she's doing something she has always wanted to do. While you're at it pat yourself on the back for understanding your partner's wants and needs out of life. Not many husbands that understanding and/or willing for their wives to be away that long for their careers.

Keep the photos coming!

Kathy

Ya know, if you have the "send replies for this post to my e-mail" or something like that in your user CP, you will get an e-mail when another message has been posted here. Just copy and paste and it will bring you right back to where you should start again. Don't know if I explained that correctly! :o

Amazing job Mike! This review has me riveted and using up any spare time I get!:)

One thing I find amazing is that you are relatively new to cruising!!! Wow! when you find something you like, you sure don't waste any time, do you!:D That said, you definitely have the knack of getting the most from your trip... a talent some cruisers take a long time coming to... and after just one cruise you booked this wonderful adventure... again, very impressed!

I was curious about elegant night on Carnival... from your pictures of the dining room it looks like lots of men just wear shirts and ties, no jackets (awesome, btw) was that typical of all the ships you've been on? My dh will be trying Carnival for the first time when we go on the Freedom and the other lines seem to have more tux-wearing gents than I saw in your picture.

Thank you thank you thank you ... you are almost done... :( ... and I wanted it to last and last and last...

Ya know, if you have the "send replies for this post to my e-mail" or something like that in your user CP, you will get an e-mail when another message has been posted here. Just copy and paste and it will bring you right back to where you should start again. Don't know if I explained that correctly! :o

Nice of you to comment ... you are so right... it is a thread subscription... once you have posted a reply to a thread you can have that thread be on a list of subscribed threads (mine does that automatically) and then you'll get emails when there is a new posting (by anyone)... the email has a link in it and I just click on the link in the email and it brings me to that new post in the thread... the body of the message is also embedded into the email in case I don't want to go to the boards to see what was posted... I could just read the message there.

Nice of you to comment ... you are so right... it is a thread subscription... once you have posted a reply to a thread you can have that thread be on a list of subscribed threads (mine does that automatically) and then you'll get emails when there is a new posting (by anyone)... the email has a link in it and I just click on the link in the email and it brings me to that new post in the thread... the body of the message is also embedded into the email in case I don't want to go to the boards to see what was posted... I could just read the message there.

Yep....makes life so much easier! :D Just be careful. I can go on the websites at work but can't read e-mails. If I post a reply to a couple of threads, when I get home you should see all the e-mails I have! :eek::cool::p:rolleyes: