Stateroom Photo's all look the same??

leslierx

I have never sailed Carnival before, but it seems no matter what ship I select on Carnival's website all the pictures they show of the staterooms look the same from ship to ship. Am I crazy, or is Carnival just showing a generic picture of each stateroom category (inside, outside, balcony, etc) across the board? I would really like to see actual pictures of what each stateroom category would look like for the ships I am interested in! NCL and RCCL show the actual pictures and I would assume that Carnival would do the same, maybe not.

Oh we are all crazy, never doubt that for a minute.

But Carnival does have generic cabins pretty much. The only difference is some ships have a different color scheme. All insides, on all ships (except for 1As, the oddball cabins) are 185 s.f. ... no matter which ship you choose.

Balconys are pretty similar 185 s.f. cabin

OVs are different, 185 s.f. on older ships, 220 s.f. on newer ships... so those are different, but there are a lot of ships that will have very much identical cabins.

RCL does have various sized cabins from one ship and one class to another. On Liberty of the Sea, I saw a chart and the JS are largest on that class of ship of any RCL ship. .. but RCL does have all sizes of cabins which vary from class to class.

Carnival just builds bigger ships, and drops in the same cabins. Dont fix what is not broke. Conquest is almost like Triumph, which was almost like Destiny class. Dream has a few innovations, but the cabins are the same size (well ok with two exceptions, the family OVs, and cove balconys) .. but its pretty much more of the same.

Only thing that changes is the color.

One difference the upper bunks on Fantasy class come out of the wall, but out of the ceiling on newer ships and can be more hidden if you have a cabin for more than 2. But even so, its one or the other, only two ways with all the Carnival ships out there.

Are all 1A'z the single/bunk combo? Especially thinking the Dream or Valor.

There is no such thing as a standard 1A. Even on the same ship.

On the Valor for instance, 6393 is as big as a standard interior with twin beds whilst 6227 is a broom closet with a twin and a pull down.

Are all 1A'z the single/bunk combo? Especially thinking the Dream or Valor.

On Fantasy class they are all upper and lowers, then thru the Conquest class they went to two beds mostly .. then on Dream, many of those cabins are again upper and lowers. There are 4 HC cabins on a nice high floor, perfect area ... then I saw they were upper and lower and said, no thanks.

I have 2217 on Magic, but Im probably going to cancel it, but it has one twin and one convertible sofa. Dream will be the same.

On Fantasy class they are all upper and lowers, then thru the Conquest class they went to two beds mostly .. then on Dream, many of those cabins are again upper and lowers. There are 4 HC cabins on a nice high floor, perfect area ... then I saw they were upper and lower and said, no thanks.

I have 2217 on Magic, but I'm probably going to cancel it, but it has one twin and one convertible sofa. Dream will be the same.

In other words, if you are a couple, you want to avoid the 1A's, huh? I was looking at a cruise for my daughter and husband and the rate for $399, versus a GTY Inside for $549. Thought the price was too good to be true. ;)

Archived