Celebrity Solstice cc vs spa balcony on carnival dream?

jacquid

Hi y'all so this is the situation have deposits down on solstice for a concierge class and a deep on new carnival dream for a deluxe spa balcony. Totally confused as to which one. Done both itn so stops is not the issue looking for an upgraded relaxing vacation with the DH.

Spa pkg on carnival very appealing but love luxury of celebrity solstice. Any opinions out there? Is Pthere an opt spa pkg for purchase on solstice? Is it worth it? Spa bal on dream incl unlim use of aroma therapy and thassalotherapy pool and are enclosed within the spa complexes away from other guest Have cabin on port side 9272 any exp with this deck?

Sorry for the questions but final payment is due monday eve so need to Make up my mind real soon!!! Ahhhh!!!

I have not been on the Dream so I can't fairly compare. However, I follow the reviews and threads religiously. I can tell you that the major complaints regarding the Dream you will not find on Solstice.

Solstice is the most beautiful ship afloat today. I agree with that statement, but a travel writer noted that, not me. Even when full, Solstice will not feel crowded.

To be fair, if you had stated you had young kids, I would probably suggest the Dream. Since you said you wanted an upgraded, relaxing vacation, I would suggest Solstice.

I have been on both (Solstice and Equinox for Celebrity and Dream's sister, Splendor on Carnival). For us, there isn't really a comparison but we are long-time Celebrity cruisers. If I were going to do Dream, the way you are doing it is the only way we'd consider it.

We actually thought Carnival's food was good but Celebrity's is better and I think Celebrity's alternative dining venues set it a step above in this category. We also had some great crew on Splendor but we always have great crew on Celebrity, too.

For us, there was nothing relaxing about Splendor. We had a great time because we were with friends, but ship to ship for relaxation, beauty (the pink and grey zebra stripes everywhere on Splendor were the worst ship decor we've seen), food and staff, it would be Solstice for us. Dream might be different if you are spending the majority of time in the spa area.

While Solstice doesn't have the spa package Dream has, it does have an AquaSpa Class of cabins that gives you some nice upgraded amenities you might enjoy.

Let us know what you choose and enjoy your cruise!

thanks for the advice guys! Still trying to make a final decision. My OCD is in high gear and the whole finality of it is driving me crazy. Did call Celebrity to ask about an upgrade to the Aqua class which would give me the comparable amenities as the spa balcony on dream but it is a $600 difference for both of us. tried to haggle as a previous RCCL passanger but no discount =(. If I could get the AQ on the solstice then it wld be hands down choice but $600 can buy me alot of other things !! LOL

Still have 24 hrs to make a decision.

I have been on both ships. There is no comparison. The Dream was a nightmare. If you like large crowds and rude people then go on the Dream. If you want a nice relaxing vacation on a beautiful ship then go on the Solstice.

thanks for the advice guys! Still trying to make a final decision. My OCD is in high gear and the whole finality of it is driving me crazy. Did call Celebrity to ask about an upgrade to the Aqua class which would give me the comparable amenities as the spa balcony on dream but it is a $600 difference for both of us. tried to haggle as a previous RCCL passanger but no discount =(. If I could get the AQ on the solstice then it wld be hands down choice but $600 can buy me alot of other things !! LOL

Still have 24 hrs to make a decision.

From you signature it appears that you decided upon the Dream?

Please do the boards a favor and review your cruise and come back to this thread and let us know how it tuned out; mainly would you make the same choice(s) AFTER experiencing the product..

I don't recall what room I was in, but I can tell you that I've never stayed in a handicap accessible room. Also, I don't recall any issues being near the elevators. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

We were on the Dream in a spa cabin last January, we had the fortune of being on back to backs. We loved the spa cabin. It was large and the amenities were nice. We were very close to the spa desk and could actually slip on our robes and walk right into the spa. We were issued wrist bands to wear and simply walked in to the front desk and were given a key card to go to the thalosstheraphy pool and the suite of specialty rooms. These rooms included steam rooms with different fragrances, relaxation rooms with heated loungers and a lounge with teas, flavored waters, and inhanced locker rooms and huge showers.

We enjoyed the spa cabins and it was very quiet and peaceful. We never experienced any extreme noise. Our only complaint was the fact that the spa cabins are forward and it is extremely windy up front on your balcony.

Sorry to get so verbose. We are looking forward to our upcoming Celebrity cruise, and have enjoyed our Carnival cruises.

Jge274 thanks for the insight on ur experience

I am really looking fwd to it and ur review of celebrity. Financially it just made more sense to do the dream. Hoping to do solstice or it's sister next year!!

All others thanks for ur insights I will review my exp on the dream spa balcony in late December. I'm a picture nut so I'll make sure to include a link.

Happy cursing everyone!!!

The dream was parked next to us on the Solstice last month. One thing I can tell you for sure is all of the balconies on the Dream were considerably smaller than any on the Solstice. Several of us in different cabins commented about this. When people were sitting in the chairs on the Dream the back of the chair was against the wall and their knees almost touched the glass of the balcony.

Archived