Seating arrangements???

Wolfman994

I have never seen any dining room plans published. You'll have to wait until you are on board. As soon as you are on board check the newsletter (Cruise Compass) you find in your cabin. It will tell you where the Maitre'd will be during embarkation. Go see him and he can show you where your table is and make any changes if you are not happy.

Can anybody tell me if there is a diagram of the dining room on the Sovereign of the Seas? We have received our table arrangements and would like to get an idea of where it is in the dining room.

I have never heard of table arrangements being sent before you cruise. How did you get it?

Relax, we requested a table for 2, or 4, on the Brilliance. When we boarded we found out we were seated with 4 other couples at a table of ten! These new table mates of ours became friends of ours for the 11 day cruise.

(TABLE 404 on the 1/3/05 Brilliance, anyone still there?) We had a fun time with them at the pool, at various parties, and, anywhere we met on the ship. Get out there! Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Well, many, many people would like to be next to the windows. If all those tables are full, then the only way for you to get that would be for someone else to be moved against their will. This actually happened to us once when a suite pax whined loudly enough. We got back to our cabin (a mere balcony one) to find that our seats had been switched to a horrible location. I was, well, can't say that here, but you know what I mean. I went down and got us switched to somewhere better, but I still wanted my original table. Sometimes it's easy to switch; other times, no. Window tables and tables for 2 are coveted. I suspect that suite pax and Diamond C&A are more likely to get their requests, but if you are very pleasant you might be able to get what you want. And, hey, who knows, your first table assignment might be exactly what you want--it does happen from time to time. lol. You might not need to try to switch; just keep thinking good thoughts and pray to the cruise gods for help.

beachchick

Unless you are right by the kitchen door, is there really a bad table in the dining room? It's not like you are in the show room and there's a big pole in front of your view of the stage.... I personally "prefer" a round table. I find the long tables (4 chairs across facing 4 other chairs) difficult to get to know my table mates, but I can't really say we've ever had a "bad" table. I like the upper floor tables by the rail so we can see down to the lower floor, but we've been by the window, towards the entrance, in the middle, upper floor and lower floor and I can't say we've ever had a BAD table. The only time we've ever requested a special table before the cruise was when we traveled with the in-laws. FIL wasn't wheel-chair bound yet, but had a difficult time getting around, so we asked for a table closer to the entrance and were happy when we got to the dining room and our request had been fulfilled without needing to talk to the Maitre'd onboard. Relax, the food is the same at all the tables! :) :) :)

It just occurred to me that "L" probably means large, as in the size of the table (8 to 10 people usually). If you prefer a smaller table, your TA can make the request. No guarantees though.

Also, if anyone in your party has hearing problems, request a table away from the center of the room. We were assigned to one and had to ask for a change because I couldn't hear a thing except "noise." It was literally painful to have the sounds that were bouncing around the room echo back.

beachchick

Is it hard to get what you'd like, in terms of switching? We would like to be moved to a table next to the windows.
On our first (and only) cruise we had a table on the upper level by the window. We didn't request it, that was what we were assigned. I thought, cool, a window! Ya know what? It was dark outside when we ate (and we were early seating) and with the lights on in the dining room we couldn't see out the window! (Of course it was late fall so it's probably different in the summer IF you have early seating.) Besides the fact that we had 6 great tablemates and were always engaged in conversation so we never paid much attention to the window anyway.

Just a perspective from someone who has had a table next to the windows. Personally I'm more concerned with tablemates than table location.

Archived