Jewel - Nickelodeon at Sea

West Coast Gal

Looking at this cruise for June, but our kids are in their twenties . . .does anyone know how much of the cruise is based for little ones or can adults without children still have a great experience?

I've read that the Nick activities are not invasive at all. The cruise daily will have the time & place for Nick activities and if you want to go, you go and if not, you don't.

I had the same question as my son will be 21 when we go next July, my daughter 14 (and not really into Nick) and we have some friends who may also go with a 20 year old and a 15 year old.

Since the cruise line considers age 18 & up adult, my son will participate in adult activities except for drinking and gambling. He's broke & I'm not paying for it!!! lol

You won't even notice that it is a Nickelodeon cruise. We just got off the Jewel and unless you go to the "meet and greets," you don't see the characters. The TV commercials that show Spongebob "tanning" on deck are totally inaccurate. It just doesn't happen. There is a Nickelodeon show at Great Stirrup Cay, but it is actually cute, whether you have kids or not.

Thank you both! Great information and a big sigh of relief for me . . I have a June timeframe, 20 years old and they don't want to do Alaska and most ships are up there! Us older 50 year olds did not want to do Carnival again, so I was hoping this one might work out!

How about slime time live? They still doing that in the main theater as one of the evening entertainments??? :D

Here are some helpful post I found here on CC in reference to Nick on the Jewel & other activities:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1198588&highlight=jewel

http://thomaskelly427.com/ncl/NCLJewelDailiesJune2010.pdf

Lipz - You rock gals! The second link to the FreeStyle Daily shows that it's a daytime performance of Slime Time LIVE instead of an evening show but still someone gets slimed! Pick me! Pick me!! :D:eek::o:D

It's odd that the QUEST game show disappeared though... maybe I missed it in those dailies?? I hope they didn't eliminate it! That's the best way to end a cruise late at night when you're all packed and ready to leave.

The Slime Time Live show is in the main theater one afternoon at Noon. It's a fun show to watch, whether you have kids or not. This show is not held at night and does not replace a regular evening show. Nothing to worry about.

Lipz - You rock gals! The second link to the FreeStyle Daily shows that it's a daytime performance of Slime Time LIVE instead of an evening show but still someone gets slimed! Pick me! Pick me!! :D:eek::o:D

It's odd that the QUEST game show disappeared though... maybe I missed it in those dailies?? I hope they didn't eliminate it! That's the best way to end a cruise late at night when you're all packed and ready to leave.

All of this is from CC, and I swear this is the BEST cruise resource every invented!!! :D

I didn't even know NCL had 'Quest'. We experienced it with RCL and it was hilarious. I look forward to it so I hope they still do have it by the time we sail.

I was on Jewel from 9/4 to 9/11. Besides the scheduled activities that you certainly don't have to go to or see at all, they do bring out the characters at the Welcome Aboard show. They also do a Nickelodean thing at the private island, but it is in one spot, and it is easily avoided once you get your food. I was with an adult group, and I did not find kid/family activities having that much to do with areas I wanted to be in. Even on the pool deck where the adult area is so close to the kids area, there is no running and screaming and stuff, and it is very laid back for a family experience.

I didn't even know NCL had 'Quest'. We experienced it with RCL and it was hilarious. I look forward to it so I hope they still do have it by the time we sail.

All of the NCL cruises I've taken have had QUEST. It's hilarious. Maybe they ditched it when they put Nickelodeon onboard? QUEST can get a little...er... interesting one could say. LOL :D

Will have to check into it in January. With 10 days and 2.5 days going and coming from the Caribbean I think we could use a little spice in the cruise. Ha ha. :D

I was on Jewel from 9/4 to 9/11.

Same cruise here, the ONLY time I saw the characters were:

1) The Nick event in the Spinnaker lounge ran late, I was entering for Bingo and the characters were exiting. I waved at Sponge Bob

2) I went to Nick Time Live even though I had no children, it was funny and enjoyable even for an Adult.

On the GSC waiting on line for lunch they had a "show" going on in the band area, no characters just the slime thing they do. It was not distracting at all.

Other then above, never even saw any Nick stuff.

Archived