Carnival Imagination! 9/27/10! Short cruise, LONG review with lots of pictures!

gapearl

Just a quick note to say thanks for a great review. My sister and I just booked a cruise on this ship, and your review has made me even more excited about our getaway.

So, thanks!

T.H.E.M.

Awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm typing this response from the lido deck of the Inspiration, having the first of what will be many dods. I'll bring you back another fun review! Thanks again for the nice words!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm getting married on July 1, 2011 on this ship and let me tell you how informative this post was for me! I've been dying to see more of the ship than what I saw at site inspection so thank you!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I'm glad you enjoyed my review and found it helpful. Have fun!

I am new to cruising and wasnt sure on wish cruise line to go on Royal or Carnival.

I am from Miami

We wanted to bring the kids but I am wodering of the Imagination was a good ship for my 1, 8 and 12 year old. We are 33 and 35

I have never cruised RC, so I can't say anything good or bad about them. I love Carnival. There are many things onboard for kids, adults, and families. It's a smaller ship so you'll be able to learn your way around pretty fast. Also, since this will be your first cruise, I would recommend a 4-5 day. 7 days might be too long and 3 days is too short. The Imagination offers 4 day sailings. I say go for it!

Thanks for the great review gapearl we just booked the Imagination 4 day to Key West and Cozumel. We are thinking about booking the 3 day to Nassau and making it a B2B.

It looks like there is Sushi and Mongolian, but no supper club, is that correct? Also wondering is there a deli? Thanks

GaPearl, Thanks for writting a review, I really enjoyed it and your pictures are great!! :D You're as big a partier as I am and I would cruise wioth you anyday!! :D This brought back so many memories as the Imagination was the ship I sailed on for my 1st cruise (I did exactly the same itinerary as you did)! It's great to see what she looks like now as when I went (January 2003) they hadn't done all the upgrades yet (not for a few more years). The ship is so special to me :D and I miss her soooooooooo much!! :( I'm planning on doing a B2B on her (3 day then the 4 day) in the next couple of years and I can't wait to sail on her again!! :D She's still my favourite ship of all time because she was my 1st and so will always have a special place in my heart!!!! :D

Here's a link to my pictures from Imagination. It's like a balst from the past after looking at your pictures, haha:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/571098732mCuCZr

By the way, I also lose my voice by day 2 or 3 on each and every cruise. Don't have a cold or anything and can't think of why it happens but it does every single time and then my voice is gone for the rest of the cruise. My throat is never sore though. I feel your pain, welcome to the club, haha!!

Dinner the last night was a little sad. I was not ready for this trip to end so soon. Everyone came with the exception of the two ladies from Wichita. I had a salad for my starter and the honey bourbon glazed roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies for my entrée. Hot &%$@ that chicken was good! I can still taste it! It was obvious I was really into it. One of the guys at my table suggested I stop trying to eat it so properly and just dig in with my hands. (I didn't, ha ha.) For dessert, you get only one guess of what I had. Four cruises down, 19 days at sea, and 19 warm chocolate melting cakes. I have never tried anything else from the dessert menu because I love Carnival’s signature dessert so much. Maybe I’ll try something different on my next cruise.

On second thought, maybe not!

Mom's crabcake starter.

cruise2129.jpg

My honey glazed burbon chicken. So good you'll want to slap somebody!

cruise2130.jpg

A dessert of a pear with some kind of red wine glaze. It looks like a work of art.

cruise2134.jpg

Our final entertainment for the cruise was our dining room staff singing “Leaving On A Fun Ship.” Check it out.

cruise2137.jpg

Last night at dinner.

cruise2141.jpg

After dinner, there was an adult comedian. I can’t remember his name, but he was hilarious. I ended up watching both shows. They make sure to tell you before the show starts that NO video taping is allowed for copyright reasons. Afterwards, there was only one place to properly end my cruise. You guessed it! The Illusions Disco! We stayed there until 2:30 when it closed, and then my new friend and I were up all night again outside talking. Holy cow, it’s 5 am already! I have to be back up at 7 am to get ready to leave!

The rest of the review (finally!) coming tomorrow.

My honey glazed burbon chicken. So good you'll want to slap somebody!-- I LOVE IT... AWESOME REVIEW

We wanted to bring the kids but I am wodering of the Imagination was a good ship for my 1, 8 and 12 year old. We are 33 and 35

ANY Carnival Ship is a good ship for kids with the Camp Carnival and Youth programs they will NOT be bored..trust me..

Great review! Wish you were coming on the Legend in May so I would know I could find a dance partner in the club. Was on Imagination in Nov. and had a great time, as usual.

http://danthewebman.shutterfly.com/pictures/373

Great pictures! I'm sure you'll find some good dance partners on the Legend. Have fun! :)

ANY Carnival Ship is a good ship for kids with the Camp Carnival and Youth programs they will NOT be bored..trust me..

I don't have kids but I agree! The kids I see always seem to be having a good time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your review! My husband and I will be sailing on the Imagination in May...our first cruise! Trying to find information on this ship seemed pretty difficult, but thanks to your great review and pics I feel informed and ready!!!!

Thank you so much for your review! My husband and I will be sailing on the Imagination in May...our first cruise! Trying to find information on this ship seemed pretty difficult, but thanks to your great review and pics I feel informed and ready!!!!

Awesome! Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising! I know you will have a great time! :D

Delaware 123, go to Unofficial Carnival Wiki, click on Carnival Ship and Class; Imagination is a Fantasy class ship, so click on Fantasy; then Imagination; scroll to the bottom and it will give you an option to print deck plans and ship info. There are 46 pages, which includes lots of pictures.

GAPearl, your review was great. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Edited by sandys57

Delaware 123, go to Unofficial Carnival Wiki, click on Carnival Ship and Class; Imagination is a Fantasy class ship, so click on Fantasy; then Imagination; scroll to the bottom and it will give you an option to print deck plans and ship info. There are 46 pages, which includes lots of pictures.

Wow! Thanks for the tip! :D

Yes I did Sandy, thanks for reading! I'll also have to check out that site.

• 5 months later...

Wow, I just finished reading both of your reviews, what a great job. I absolutely enjoyed both of them. Loved your writing style, it felt as if I was cruising with you girl.

We will be on the Imagination in 53 days, a little "add on" following our Miracle cruise and can't wait. Usually, when my cruises are finished we are always left wanting more so this will be the first of our newly formed tradition of doing b2b cruises.

Wow, I just finished reading both of your reviews, what a great job. I absolutely enjoyed both of them. Loved your writing style, it felt as if I was cruising with you girl.

We will be on the Imagination in 53 days, a little "add on" following our Miracle cruise and can't wait. Usually, when my cruises are finished we are always left wanting more so this will be the first of our newly formed tradition of doing b2b cruises.

Thanks a lot for reading! Have fun on your B2B. I still have yet to do one of those. Be on the look out for another review from me this time next week. I'm already busy making notes on my iPhone note pad! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...