Carnival Imagination! 9/27/10! Short cruise, LONG review with lots of pictures!

gapearl

Casono, you have nothing to be nervous about. You're going to have a wonderful time!

Prarie Gal, yes, I do know how to party. I didn't even post the pictures of me and my dance buddies on the dance floor. I'll have to post one or 2. I had one guy tell me I looked like a fitness instructor because I never sat down, I just kept going! I'm very much a homebody so I really let loose when I'm on vacation.

Debbie, there's lots more to come later. I'm headed to the gym to burn off some of the warm chocolate melting cake. :D :D :D

Most people seem to have good experiences but, I talked to a few that get sea sick and the experience hasn't been that great. I just don't want to be one of the ones that get sea sick...lol

I got extremely seasick on my first cruise, but I seem to have figured out what works for me. Try to book a room in the middle of the ship. There is a lot less motion. Start taking ginger tablets and bonine or dramimine (figure out which one doesn't make you sleepy) a couple days before you board the ship. Make sure you take them regularly while you're on the ship. Seabands are also a savior for me. I tried them on our Dream cruise and only got a little seasick a couple of times. Also, try to bring some ginger ale and ginger candy with you and if you start getting seasick, have some of them.

Just try not to worry about it and you'll have a great time!

I got extremely seasick on my first cruise, but I seem to have figured out what works for me. Try to book a room in the middle of the ship. There is a lot less motion. Start taking ginger tablets and bonine or dramimine (figure out which one doesn't make you sleepy) a couple days before you board the ship. Make sure you take them regularly while you're on the ship. Seabands are also a savior for me. I tried them on our Dream cruise and only got a little seasick a couple of times. Also, try to bring some ginger ale and ginger candy with you and if you start getting seasick, have some of them.

Just try not to worry about it and you'll have a great time!

thanks so much for the info. I will definately look for these items to take with me. I think the bonine or dramimine both would make me sleepy but maybe the ginger or seabands would work.

I love your enthusiasm:) Good for you, staying out until the wee hours and still getting up to go out with mom:)

Ahhh...to be 30 again;) I'm booked on the Imagination for May, just not sure if I'll be able to keep the reservation.

Keep up the great review.

;)

I love your enthusiasm:) Good for you, staying out until the wee hours and still getting up to go out with mom:)

Ahhh...to be 30 again;) I'm booked on the Imagination for May, just not sure if I'll be able to keep the reservation.

Keep up the great review.

I hope you get to keep the reservation! Since I travel so much with work, I enjoy being home on my days off. My social life is actually a bit weak for a single gal like me in a big city. If I'm home on a Saturday night, I'm most likely eating pizza and watching Suze Orman on CNBC. When I go on vacation, I make the most of it. Cruises (and Zumba class, ha ha ;)) are the few times I really let myself go and dance and have a good time. As soon as I get home, party mode is shut off and I'm back to being a homebody. Keep reading to find out how late I stayed up the rest of the trip.

My mom and the friends found some tour operators right outside the port. There was talk of taking a 45 minute ferry to Playa Del Carmen and then a 5 hour tour with another ferry ride back. I didn’t think this was a good idea since that was a long time, a lot of various transportations, and it was not booked through Carnival directly. Anything could have happened and I didn’t want them to miss the ship. We were scheduled to leave at 10 pm, and I suggested they try to be back at 8 so they would have a little wiggle room, just in case. They ended up taking the ferry but not the long tour. A cab driver took them to some ruins and they walked around there for a while. They were back on the ship around 8, just as I suggested!

I shared a cab with 4 other people and headed to Paradise Beach. It was only a 10 minute ride. The cab was $20 for the 5 of us, so only $4 a person. Not bad at all. Paradise Beach is a nice little place to spend the day. It’s free to get in and the chairs and umbrellas are only $2 to rent. Note: This beach closes at 5 pm, so if you're coming in on a later itinerary like mine, get there asap so you can have enough time to enjoy it. It was a slow day here today and was nearly empty, so it was very peaceful and quiet. The sun was shining bright and I could not have asked for better weather, especially with the earlier threat of tropical storm Matthew. Thankfully it went in the other direction. There was a long pier and you could walk to the end to enter the water for snorkeling. There was also kayaks lots of water toys in the ocean for $12 with unlimited use. Jet skis were $60 for 30 minutes and parasailing was onsite for $55, and that included 12-15 minutes in the air. Paradise Beach also has a gift shop, restaurant, and a bar. I ordered a drink and relaxed on a lounge chair for a while. I went into the water a few times, but not for long. It was too rocky and hard on the feet. There was a really cute guy out holding a sign for massages. Sign me up! It was $35 for 45 minutes (all prices are negotiable). Laying beach side listening to the ocean and getting a massage- talk about total relaxation!

Here are some pictures from Paradise Beach.

cruise561.jpg

cruise514.jpg

cruise520.jpg

cruise537.jpg

cruise544.jpg

cruise547.jpg

I left Paradise Beach around 4:15. A friend/ coworker of mine was on the Legend and we made plans in advance to have a drink at Fat Tuesday’s at the end of the pier at 4:30. (Another side note: He told me the Legend was supposed to dock in Grand Cayman the day before, but was not able to because of rough seas and the port was closed, so they had an extra day at sea.) Their ship left at 6, so we had about an hour to have fun. I met his brother and some other friends they brought along. Fat Tuesday’s is another great party spot. There is a DJ on hand playing music and people dancing. A server will give you a name tag with a funny name you have to wear. I’d rather not say what my name tag read. *he he he* This is one energetic place. You can get on the bar and dance if you wish (like Coyote Ugly) and there is a small stage and a pole. I’m sure you all want to see those pictures, but I don’t think I can….

cruise576.jpg

cruise567.jpg

I was back on the ship around 5:30. I went to the serenity deck in the back and watched the Legend leave. Again, our ships were so close and everyone was waving and yelling bye. That was too much fun. I video taped that and will try to post that later as well. I hung out on the serenity deck a while longer (it was pretty empty), mostly in the hot tub, and headed to my room around 6:30 to shower, relax, and get ready for dinner.

I love the welcome home sign.

cruise636.jpg

cruise638.jpg

There goes the Legend leaving for Roatan.

cruise652.jpg

cruise656.jpg

Dinner tonight was kind of slow. I don’t think I’ve mentioned until now that I had late seating at 8:15. A lot of people were still out in Cozumel, and many others had just stumbled back in from a day of bar hopping. I had the fried mozzarella with marinara sauce for my appetizer, the corn fed chicken breast with vegetables and a baked potato for my entrée, and the warm chocolate melting cake with 2 ice creams for dessert.

Stay tuned to hear about the entertainment this evening, including karaoke. Remember, I was hoarse.....

We're planning on going to Fat Tuesdays this cruise. Never had the chance to go there. How much are their huge drinks?

Love the Welcome Home sign.

I'm not sure because my friend bought the drink for me. You can keep the souvenir glass, but I didn't because I had enough junk to carry back home already. They played a song called "Shots" and a girl came around asking if anyone wanted a shot. It was a mix of I think tequila, blue curaco, and something else. It was $3.

AWESOME! i have to admit i kinda skimmed the words ( whoops ) but looked at every picture. ill be on Imagination the weekend before thanksgiving but to Bahamas. even MORE excited now that i have some actual visuals of the ship.

I'm not sure because my friend bought the drink for me. You can keep the souvenir glass, but I didn't because I had enough junk to carry back home already. They played a song called "Shots" and a girl came around asking if anyone wanted a shot. It was a mix of I think tequila, blue curaco, and something else. It was $3.

dont know about fat tuesday but at senor frogs those big drinks are about $15

Great review so far. Heading out on the Imagination in 7 days for the 6th time and cannot wait. Thanks for getting my mind in the right space:D

Woo-hoo, it's almost party time for you! :D :D

Thanks for the pictures and review.

I will not ever go on this ship but I love looking at cruise pictures.

Thank You Kimberly.

More posters need to check this review out

Thanks! This is my first time doing one. I love reading other's reviews but I haven't read any since I've been working on this one. Do you prefer the bigger ships to the smaller ones?

AWESOME! i have to admit i kinda skimmed the words ( whoops ) but looked at every picture. ill be on Imagination the weekend before thanksgiving but to Bahamas. even MORE excited now that i have some actual visuals of the ship.

Thanks! I'll be sure to post more pictures for you to see. You're going to have a great time on the Imagination. Hopefully Tory will still be your cruise director.

Where in Ga are you from? Me too. I live in Brunswick. Very South East corner. About 45 mins from FL line.

I'm in the Atlanta area, about 15 minutes from the airport. $15 for a drink at Senor Frogs??? :eek:

Enjoyed reading all about the ship. My husband and I will be sailing on the carnival imagination for our first cruise...leaving 11-15-10. Excited but nervous!

DW and I will be on this cruise too! Nothing to be nervous about! It's going to be a great time! :)

DW and I will be on this cruise too! Nothing to be nervous about! It's going to be a great time! :)

Looks like you may be professional cruisers!! Lol. Maybe you'll have some suggestions for us first-timers.

I’m still on day 3 in case you’ve lost track. Tonight we had a late night sail away party from Cozumel. It started at 11:30 but didn’t really get hopping until later than that, closer to midnight. The competition of the red and blue teams continued out here in a FUN way. If you’re unfamiliar with this, it all comes down to your cabin number. If you have an even cabin number you’re on one team, and odd cabin numbers are on the other. There are various activities throughout the cruise to earn points for your team, and the winning team gets bragging rights. That being said, all of the competitions tonight were dance. It started with red and blue team conga lines. From there, the two teams were on either side of the pool. Then came the dance battles: the wobble, cupid shuffle, Macarena, cha cha slide, and one other dance I don’t know the name of. OMG, that was so much fun! I was wearing 4 inch stilettos and participated in every dance!

cruise2041.jpg

Thats me there in the middle with the red on.

cruise2053.jpg

cruise2054.jpg

cruise2055.jpg

cruise2056.jpg

I forgot to talk about karaoke before the lido deck party. On night 2, some of my dinner mates and I really wanted to participate in the karaoke. They closed it down early at 10 because the adult comedy show would be starting at 10:30 and we got there right as it was ending. I already had my song picked out- a classic pop song- “Don’t Speak” by No Doubt. I wanted to sing this at karaoke on my last cruise, but they didn’t have it. I was so excited it was in the music library on this cruise. When I woke up hoarse on day 3, I was like CRAP, how am I going to sing karaoke tonight? I asked my dinner friends if I should still attempt it, and they were like yeah, go for it, it’s all in fun! So I did. I did give a little disclaimer to my audience before hand, and they still cheered me on. The music starts. WOOOOOOOW. :eek: :eek: That was very interesting. I sound a hot mess when I’m not hoarse, so you can’t imagine how bad this was. Very funny though. It didn’t click until I got up that I’m singing “Don’t Speak” while hoarse. I’m sure everyone in there was wishing I didn’t speak. *HA HA HA* Then at the end of the song when Gwen Stefani sings “Hush hush darling, hush hush darling, don’t tell me cause it hurts,” I had to try not to laugh. I know those people wanted me to hush because I was hurting them and their ears. If you were in there when I was singing, thank you for putting up with my horrible singing!!! :)

cruise2013.jpg

Back to the deck party. It went on for a while longer. At the end of the competitions, everyone ended up on stage dancing to The Black Eyed Peas “I Got A Feeling.”

cruise2032.jpg

It started playing on a cd and then the Latin music band took over. It was a pretty cool musical transition. Then they began playing some great salsa music. I had made a new friend ;) early in the cruise and we headed to the disco to dance some more. They closed it down around 2:30 and my new friend and stayed up a while having a really good conversation. After just the two of us talked a while, we happened upon some other friends engaged in another interesting conversation by the 24 hour lido pizza café and stayed there for a while talking. I think it was 4:30 am when I went to sleep?? Oh well, day 4 was a sea day. I’ll sleep in.

Day 4 review and pictures coming tomorrow.