Carnival Imagination! 9/27/10! Short cruise, LONG review with lots of pictures!

gapearl

What do u mean by carry on and check in bags... Don't we bring them all to our room?

Oh gosh no! When you arrive to the cruise terminal, there will be porters there to take your bags for you. You can print luggage tags for your bags from Carnival.com under the section of my cruise documents or something like that. Porters should have extras available onsite just in case. Your name and room number will be on the tags, and they will get delivered to your room. Be sure to tip the porters, about $2 a bag is good. In my carry on, I bring my toiletries, laptop, camera, passport and cruise documents, sunglasses, etc. Many people also put in theirs a swimsuit and change of clothes, and definitely any medicine. You can carry all your bags on yourself if you wish, but your suitcase must be able to fit through the security frame, like the ones at the airport. Keep in mind that your room will not be ready until 1:30 pm, so if you bring all your luggage on yourself and make it on the ship kind of early, you're stuck with it for a while.

Thanks for the great review. I am trying to talk DH into taking this cruise this coming winter. Now I have ammo! ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Good luck with the husband. Tell him 4 days at sea are soooooo much better than 4 days at work. ;)

Kim...I enjoyed every minute of your review. I admire your fun spirit. You remind me of myself when I was young. Keep living life to the fullest. I have gone on several Solo cruises, and like you, have had a ball. I am a grandma of 15, 13, 8, and 5 year old grandsons. I stay on the dance floor. I just tell the guys that I love to dance, and no, I am not a Cougar on the prowl. Lol. Once that is straight, it is on. I was showing my man the Wobble. I watched some of the videos on u tube, and picked it up right away. He said line dances were for women...Wrong! I can't get him to do it. I will be doing it next year on my next cruise. Keep your outgoing personality, and life will be good. Take care.

Ohhh ok! Gotchya, I didn't understand that bag thing at 1st! Another question since you seem to really know what your talking about lol :). What do they have in soups there in the room? Should I bring shampoo conditioner, tooth paste, ect? And do they have hair driers In the rooms?

Once that is straight, it is on. I was showing my man the Wobble. I watched some of the videos on u tube, and picked it up right away. He said line dances were for women...Wrong! I can't get him to do it. I will be doing it next year on my next cruise. Keep your outgoing personality, and life will be good. Take care.

I can't get my husband to do any of the line dances either! He gets a kick out of watching me doing them especially once I've had a few drinks:)

Hey Kim,

We got back on Friday and OMG it was a blast. We had so much fun and can't wait to do another cruise, this time longer. My DH and I loved the entertainment on the lido deck and we finally learned all those line dances. It was the best way to celebrate our 18 year anniversary. Tory the cruise director was great and so was the comedy nights, haven't laughed like that for a while.

Thanks for your great review and valuable info.

Ohhh ok! Gotchya, I didn't understand that bag thing at 1st! Another question since you seem to really know what your talking about lol :). What do they have in soups there in the room? Should I bring shampoo conditioner, tooth paste, ect? And do they have hair driers In the rooms?

3 cruises in 12 months, so yeah I guess I do know a thing or 2. ;) I'm not sure which soups they have. I believe they change them every day with the rest of the buffet. Shampoo and body wash are available in a dispenser in the shower and your cabin steward will refill it as needed. I don't think they're automatically in your room and that you have to request a hair dryer from your cabin steward. I could be wrong. Maybe someone can clarify that for me if I'm wrong.

Kim...I enjoyed every minute of your review. I admire your fun spirit. You remind me of myself when I was young. Keep living life to the fullest. I have gone on several Solo cruises, and like you, have had a ball. I am a grandma of 15, 13, 8, and 5 year old grandsons. I stay on the dance floor. I just tell the guys that I love to dance, and no, I am not a Cougar on the prowl. Lol. Once that is straight, it is on. I was showing my man the Wobble. I watched some of the videos on u tube, and picked it up right away. He said line dances were for women...Wrong! I can't get him to do it. I will be doing it next year on my next cruise. Keep your outgoing personality, and life will be good. Take care.

Thanks for the kind words! I figure I have to enjoy this time in my life while I can because I will not be able to travel like this forever. I love that you still get out on the dance floor. There's nothing wrong with being a cougar. ;) I can't wait to see what new dances come out between now and my next cruise that I can learn.

Kim, Great review. I was on this trip last year in Nov and I am going back again on 1 Nov.

Thanks for the reminder about how much fun I am going to have.

Thanks a lot! I hope you have a blast and I'll be looking forward to a review from you when you get back.

Hey Kim,

We got back on Friday and OMG it was a blast. We had so much fun and can't wait to do another cruise, this time longer. My DH and I loved the entertainment on the lido deck and we finally learned all those line dances. It was the best way to celebrate our 18 year anniversary. Tory the cruise director was great and so was the comedy nights, haven't laughed like that for a while.

Thanks for your great review and valuable info.

That's awesome you had a great cruise! Wasn't Tory the best? The line dances were definitely a lot of fun. Were you on the 3 or 4 day itinerary? Happy anniversary to you!!!

That's awesome you had a great cruise! Wasn't Tory the best? The line dances were definitely a lot of fun. Were you on the 3 or 4 day itinerary? Happy anniversary to you!!!

We were on the 4 day, our next one will be our 20th anniversary and it will have to be a 7 or 8 day.

Well I guess this concludes my review. It has been fun sharing my cruise with everyone. Everything was what I expected and more. I love Carnival and will continue to to be a loyal customer. Now that I've finally finished writing this one, I can get back to reading all of yours. Only 5 months until I'll be posting another one for the Destiny! :D :D Thanks to everyone for the positive comments and feedback!

Carnival Imagination

9/27/10-10/1/10

Kimberly

Thanks for a great review, we were on this cruise with you but sadly missed the meet and greet. We never did get to discuss airlines. Hope to catch up sometime in the future. Again great review Thanks!

Your review was AMAZING. I was on this cruise in Feb 09, and you brought back great memories! I only wish you could have been on OUR cruise, because you are definitely someone I'd love to party with! I have a feeling wherever you go, the party follows, and you make friends fast. Hope I'm lucky enough to run into you on a cruise in the future!

Kimberly

Thanks for a great review, we were on this cruise with you but sadly missed the meet and greet. We never did get to discuss airlines. Hope to catch up sometime in the future. Again great review Thanks!

I'm sorry we never got to meet up but I hope you had a great cruise! Did you get to meet anyone from our roll call?

Your review was AMAZING. I was on this cruise in Feb 09, and you brought back great memories! I only wish you could have been on OUR cruise, because you are definitely someone I'd love to party with! I have a feeling wherever you go, the party follows, and you make friends fast. Hope I'm lucky enough to run into you on a cruise in the future!

Thanks so much! Yeah I can definitely party on a cruise. Hopefully you took some notes from me for your next one. :D

Thanks for the info on the drinks!

do they look through the bags before we get on the boat? cause id like to bring some bottles of water and snacks but idk if they will just take it away or kick us off for it lol?

also is there a limit on how many bags are allowed on board?

BTW, my husband had a partial bottle of water in his hand as we went through security at the port in Miami. They would not let him take the partial bottle through. He could empty it or toss it. The rest of us had partial bottles in our carryon and made it through without question.

• 1 month later...
That was an awesome review. We are going on this ship in January 2011 & that gave me a great idea of what to expect ! Looks like you had a blast & your mom made some money. :)

Thank you so much! You will love the Imagination. I'm glad you enjoyed my review. Have a great cruise! :)

I just saw this & you had so much fun!!! I love that you danced until 3:30 a.m. I would have - when i was young also (lol). The economy has slowed our finances down - but YOUR review has inspired me to start saving money for a CRUISE!! Thanks for sharing. I had a great time!

I just saw this & you had so much fun!!! I love that you danced until 3:30 a.m. I would have - when i was young also (lol). The economy has slowed our finances down - but YOUR review has inspired me to start saving money for a CRUISE!! Thanks for sharing. I had a great time!

Thanks Betty! You can be young at heart and still dance until 3:30 a.m. ;) I hope you get to take another cruise in the near future and I'm glad you enjoyed my review. Stay tuned because another one will be coming in 2 months! :D

Kimberly i just wanted to say your review has really gotten me pumped for my first cruise! as a birthday present my boyfriend booked us on Imagination on Jan 10-14th and im so glad i found your review because now i know what to expect. thank you so much for taking the time to share you adventure with the rest of us.. its really going to be helpful for the newbies like myself (by the way we will be on the Empress floor too so im glad to hear its a good floor to be in).

can you please let me know if they have a place to get ice on the ship (you know like they have in most hotels?). we are planning on bringing our own soda but i understand there are no fridges in the oceanview rooms. just want to make sure we can get ice somewhere without having to bug the staff.

also if you know where the best spot is to be to spot dolphins please let me know. im dying to see wild dolphins and it would really be a dream come true to see them while im on this cruise. thanks again!

The trouble about *me* doing karaoke is they never play any songs I know! I mean, you'd think they could at least play "Cape Cod Girls", "Hanging Johnny", or even "Oyster Nan"...

I mean...who *is* this Lady GaGa of which so many speak?

I forgot to talk about karaoke before the lido deck party. On night 2, some of my dinner mates and I really wanted to participate in the karaoke. They closed it down early at 10 because the adult comedy show would be starting at 10:30 and we got there right as it was ending. I already had my song picked out- a classic pop song- “Don’t Speak” by No Doubt. I wanted to sing this at karaoke on my last cruise, but they didn’t have it. I was so excited it was in the music library on this cruise. When I woke up hoarse on day 3, I was like CRAP, how am I going to sing karaoke tonight? I asked my dinner friends if I should still attempt it, and they were like yeah, go for it, it’s all in fun! So I did. I did give a little disclaimer to my audience before hand, and they still cheered me on. The music starts. WOOOOOOOW. :eek: :eek: That was very interesting. I sound a hot mess when I’m not hoarse, so you can’t imagine how bad this was. Very funny though. It didn’t click until I got up that I’m singing “Don’t Speak” while hoarse. I’m sure everyone in there was wishing I didn’t speak. *HA HA HA* Then at the end of the song when Gwen Stefani sings “Hush hush darling, hush hush darling, don’t tell me cause it hurts,” I had to try not to laugh. I know those people wanted me to hush because I was hurting them and their ears. If you were in there when I was singing, thank you for putting up with my horrible singing!!! :)

cruise2013.jpg

Back to the deck party. It went on for a while longer. At the end of the competitions, everyone ended up on stage dancing to The Black Eyed Peas “I Got A Feeling.”

cruise2032.jpg

It started playing on a cd and then the Latin music band took over. It was a pretty cool musical transition. Then they began playing some great salsa music. I had made a new friend ;) early in the cruise and we headed to the disco to dance some more. They closed it down around 2:30 and my new friend and stayed up a while having a really good conversation. After just the two of us talked a while, we happened upon some other friends engaged in another interesting conversation by the 24 hour lido pizza café and stayed there for a while talking. I think it was 4:30 am when I went to sleep?? Oh well, day 4 was a sea day. I’ll sleep in.

Day 4 review and pictures coming tomorrow.

Kimberly i just wanted to say your review has really gotten me pumped for my first cruise! as a birthday present my boyfriend booked us on Imagination on Jan 10-14th and im so glad i found your review because now i know what to expect. thank you so much for taking the time to share you adventure with the rest of us.. its really going to be helpful for the newbies like myself (by the way we will be on the Empress floor too so im glad to hear its a good floor to be in).

can you please let me know if they have a place to get ice on the ship (you know like they have in most hotels?). we are planning on bringing our own soda but i understand there are no fridges in the oceanview rooms. just want to make sure we can get ice somewhere without having to bug the staff.

also if you know where the best spot is to be to spot dolphins please let me know. im dying to see wild dolphins and it would really be a dream come true to see them while im on this cruise. thanks again!

Thank you so much!!! :) Congratulations on taking your first cruise. You are going to have an awesome time. I would love to see a review from you when you return. Your cabin steward will fill the ice bucket in your room each time he or she comes to clean, which is twice a day. If you need ice at any other time, you can call and they'll bring it to you right away. Otherwise you can run up to the lido deck and get some. Good luck spotting dolphins. I have yet to see any and I'm always looking. Maybe you will get lucky and see some. Have fun!!! Let me know if you have any questions. Also, happy birthday!!! ;)

The trouble about *me* doing karaoke is they never play any songs I know! I mean, you'd think they could at least play "Cape Cod Girls", "Hanging Johnny", or even "Oyster Nan"...

I mean...who *is* this Lady GaGa of which so many speak?

You must have been on cruise with the karaoke with the live band. I've heard they have limited selections there. My cruise had plain ol regular karaoke. Their library of songs to choose from was very extensive. I'm sure you would find several songs you know. I hope you're joking about who is Lady GaGa. :p