Upcoming SWA Policy Change

Sea Hag

If this is already posted, please excuse. Couldn't find it.

I needed to cancel a Southwest reservation I made for my granddaughter. Since she may not be traveling for some time, I called SWA and asked how/if I could have those funds applied to my account instead of hers (she doesn't have one anyhow). The nice lady told me that the funds are always available under the original booking number, but if I wanted to use them for booking flight for a person other than the original ticket then I must do that by 1/27/11. After that, all funds must be used for the person who was originally booked. She told me, to be very clear on this, that if I were to try and do this on 1/28/11 it wouldn't work.

I have no complaints on this, but I thought I'd pass the info along in case it affects any of you out there.

Yes, I know you can. I just didn't bother, which maybe makes me lazy or makes me just busy. Although if I were that busy, I suppose I wouldn't be replying again.

From my point of view, this was a fairly important piece of info that it couldn't hurt to have poked up to the top of the list since it wasn't readily viewable there. I still think that's true. If even one person sees the post and doesn't end up losing their money, then it's a good thing. Isn't it?

Archived