Your favorite Bar/Club on Epic

AnnArbor_707

I'm not sailing until December, but just wondering what everyone's favorite bar was on The Epic (or even just what you're looking forward to if you have some detail on it). If you could list your approx age (unless you want to be exact) what types of drinks you had, music, rough dress code, why you liked it and what the drinks cost..... any detail you can think of would be appreciated.

I've heard a lot of talk about the Buckets of beer for $25, but one example would be the cigar bar - what do drinks run in there ? Are the cigars super pricey ?

I've also heard a lot about this "white hot" party...... not sure what that is or when it is.... what the dress code is.... what type of music they play..... drink costs..... just curious :cool:

Just looking for opinions w/ a little detail :) Any and all are welcomed!

http://www2.ncl.com/ship/epic/onboard/drink#tab_detail

Best place to hang out at night is Fat Cat's!

Thanks for chiming in man! I was really hoping to get away from the "Go to this place..." and get some more detail about it. The more description the better! One problem with cruising and this website full of advice is there is such a wide spectrum of people and opinions which are hard to gauge without evidence (cost of drinks / dresscode / type of music, atmosphere, etc) Also, age helps to give a good background where the opinion is coming from. Sure, a 40 yr. old can go to a club and even an 80yr old, but it just helps to give some insight to your words :)

FaT CaTs was suggested because overall, it is the coolest place to hang out. If you like loud blues and fun atmosphere, this is where you will end up spending most of your nights. Slam Allen puts on a great show. (although I think last week was his last week?) I was very disappointed by Bliss. Bliss looks like some of the coolest trendy nightclubs we have here in OC but it is wasted with lame karaoke making it tough to stick around for more than 15 minutes or so...(my opinion). You'll figure it out real quick the first night or so.

Yes, drink prices are the same throughout the ship, no discounts in one place over another. The only deals you get are on the "drink of the day" and be sure to ask them to use a regular glass instead of upcharging you $2 for the plastic "souvenir" cup... unless you want one as a souvenir.

The White Hot Party (probably discussed to death on the boards, you can search it) is a deck party hosted by the cruise staff. I believe it was on the second night. Dress code is to wear white, or not. I didn't. It takes place at Spice H20 weather permitting. It is just a fun dance party... and there are several more throughout the week like Zouk, Fabba and more. After the party ends, there is usually a DJ that stays out there and spins later into the night.

Bliss is not karaoke. They do host karaoke there early on most nights, but if you go in after about 11 (when the curfew kicks the kiddos out) it is a full-on nightclub. The DJ spins until about 3am. Drinks there are the same as anywhere else. We had a blast there nightly... followed by snacks at O'Sheehans. :D

Fat Cats is a live blues venue and was a lot of fun. We spent a little time here on a couple of nights enjoying the music. Some people even got up and danced in front of the crowd. I liked it better than Howl at the Moon, but I did not care for one of the singers at Howl.

BTW we were 35 and 41 at the time of the cruise.

~Intrepid <-- Where's the party?

Our white hot party was held at Bliss instead of Spice. I'm not sure why. We didn't have bad weather or rain or anything...so make sure you listen to the announcements and check your dailies to see where they are holding it. I have to say the Bliss was the "happening place" for dancing. The DJ was awesome and played the best music. We didn't want to leave.

38 year old female.

O'Sheehan's is great for people watching, as it opens up to the Atrium below. TV's all around that pretty much were on ESPN 2 the whole time (the only sports channel they get on board). Pool, air hockey, arcade games (all for a fee, like around $1 to $1.50) French fries to die for.

Bliss was a riot during Karaoke. Awesome vibe, good music when the DJ was there, and pretty much an adult-only venue. Trivia there was also fun. Just a very cool, funky place to hang out. Difficult to "chat" with friends when the music starts as it gets loud. But great party scene.

I also liked hanging out at Shaker's Martini Bar. Swank, quiet, mellow....just a nice relaxing place to sip on a martini and watch people walking by. Located near the staircase by the fancy chandelier, so there was also good people watching as they posed for pics on the staircase.

Fat Cats was my favorite. Live music, small, intimate, great bar service and always great tunes. Not for those who wanna hang out and talk with friends, because the venue is so small it struck me as rude when people were talking when the performers were on stage. If you wanna sip on some beers and watch live music, this is the place to be.

P.S. Howl at the Moon gets very very funny, and kinda dirty after 10pm. A must see!!! :cool:

Great singer(Sinatra,Billy Joel,Buble and even Wonderful Spanish songs with his father from Mexico) His show in the Manhattan Room is a must see on Wednesday.Slam Allen and Howl were good,but ending the night with Bernie was SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

FatCats is where the OTHER entertainers and crew came to party after their OWN shows...We went to the Legends show and then Fat Cats. One of the Blue Man Group was singing with Slam and boy did he have a great voice. Then in came "Rod Stewart", "Britney Spears", "Michael Jackson" to hang out, in their regular guises. The guy who plays Michael also sang and they were all very nice. The Second City group were in there also. Also saw Jeff Hobson the magician/comedian in there every night.

FaT CaTs was suggested because overall, it is the coolest place to hang out. If you like loud blues and fun atmosphere, this is where you will end up spending most of your nights. Slam Allen puts on a great show. (although I think last week was his last week?) I was very disappointed by Bliss. Bliss looks like some of the coolest trendy nightclubs we have here in OC but it is wasted with lame karaoke making it tough to stick around for more than 15 minutes or so...(my opinion). You'll figure it out real quick the first night or so.

Thanks for the reply! The Fat Cats doesn't require a reservation right ? I've seen a ton of posts about this Slam Allen guy, but has anyone seen the new guy that will be in there ? (My cruise is Dec18th of this year) At any rate, we'll definitely be checking it out. As far as Bliss I'll be looking forward to the "post-11pm" time here :)

26 yr old female. I loved sitting out at Spice H2O during sea days drinking a Miami Vice with a rum floater. I think they were 9 or 10 bucks. Great place because there is an area to get food only a few feet away

Did you get any pictures of your trip you would want to post ? My girlfriend just turned 26 so probably similar tastes as far as bars go.

By the way... what's a Miami vice and rum floater ? (pics?) For $10 it better be big/strong! haha

38 year old female.

O'Sheehan's is great for people watching, as it opens up to the Atrium below. TV's all around that pretty much were on ESPN 2 the whole time (the only sports channel they get on board). Pool, air hockey, arcade games (all for a fee, like around $1 to $1.50) French fries to die for.

Bliss was a riot during Karaoke. Awesome vibe, good music when the DJ was there, and pretty much an adult-only venue. Trivia there was also fun. Just a very cool, funky place to hang out. Difficult to "chat" with friends when the music starts as it gets loud. But great party scene.

I also liked hanging out at Shaker's Martini Bar. Swank, quiet, mellow....just a nice relaxing place to sip on a martini and watch people walking by. Located near the staircase by the fancy chandelier, so there was also good people watching as they posed for pics on the staircase.

Fat Cats was my favorite. Live music, small, intimate, great bar service and always great tunes. Not for those who wanna hang out and talk with friends, because the venue is so small it struck me as rude when people were talking when the performers were on stage. If you wanna sip on some beers and watch live music, this is the place to be.

P.S. Howl at the Moon gets very very funny, and kinda dirty after 10pm. A must see!!! :cool:

Sounds like you really made your way through the different parties on the ship! Must definitely like beer :D Did you get any pics at any of the venues you wouldn't mind sharing ? Was there any venue that you needed to plan to attend in advance or was it just no reservations - show up and check it out last minute style ? And by the way - what's the price of a martini if you don't mind......

Archived