Queen Mary 2 A4 cabin

davedj

Need advice about an A4 obstructed view cabin deck 8 on Queen Mary. Is there any view from these cabins or is all you can see just the lifeboats. Thanks for a response

The simple answer is it depends of the cabin, some have a better view than others. My mother was in 8021 in 2009 and could see between lifeboats which was not bad, but 8023 would have just had a view of the side of a lifeboat and some sky.

Need advice about an A4 obstructed view cabin deck 8 on Queen Mary. Is there any view from these cabins or is all you can see just the lifeboats. Thanks for a response
Two years ago we sailed in cabin 8043 - there was a small resue boat to our right - we had a great view. I think there are only 2 rescue boats though. Most cabins on deck 8 have a lifeboat in front - they are higher and longer than the rescue boats. If you look carefully you can find a cabin with a view between the lifeboats. I was on board when I booked - a steward was kind enough to show me the cabins I was interested in. We much prefer the B - inhull staterooms - great uninterrupted views and less motion - if that is an issue for you.

We always book an A4 cabin on Transatlantic cruises as the price is unbeatable. If you can get one of the end cabins, or one next to a rescue boat, the views are pretty good. We've had the gamut of cabins from the end cabin, to one next to a rescue boat to one with a full-on huge life boat just outside of the balcony. For us an A4 on a TA it didn't really matter. There's not much to see for 6 days in the North Atlantic. We've also had an in-hull balcony and did not care for it as much as it felt slightly claustrophobic. There is one big warning however - the crew does occasional maintenance on the life boats so, if you value your privacy, you have to check if anyone is out there before opening your curtains :eek:!

Obviously, if you are cruising someplace other than a TA, views will be much more important;) I'd say it all depends on how much time you plan to spend in your cabin and where you are going.

Archived