Delta SkyMiles upgrades

tropicalkerry2002

I see that Delta allows a one class upgrade from Brazil for 25,000 points from SELECT fares

They aren't more specific than that...

Does anyone know if the air purchased by a cruise line is one of the classes that would qualify?

And if so, they would move you from economy to Business for 25,000 points?

I haven't ever used an upgrade certificate before, so am not sure how they work. Thanks for any help.

No...if you have cruiseline air, you won't be able to use DL SkyMiles for an upgrade. That's consolidator fares, which won't work.

The fare buckets will have to be Y, B or M for you to use miles to upgrade. In addition, there must be inventory in the upgrade bucket, not just inventory in business elite.

A call to DL will give you specifics for your routing if you wish. Also, remember that those miles are for one-way upgrading, so it would be 50K for a r/t.

Best to phone Delta. We used a combination of cash (to purchase a high economy class fare) and miles (to upgrade) for flights between Brazil and the U.S. last June. If there's more than one flight involved, you need to ask Delta for which flights the upgrades are certain. We had most cleared right away, but had to wait a few weeks for one of the flights (a domestic leg) to be upgraded.

Since the question was addressed to DL upgrades: I can attest that mileage upgrades for DL international tickets are only available if you have a Y/B/M coded fare basis. Even with status, your tickets are BoB (Back of Bus) in lower buckets.

I'm willing to wager large amounts of cash that any ticket from a cruiseline won't be in Y/B/M unless you've paid a whopping upcharge for custom air.

Since the question was addressed to DL upgrades: I can attest that mileage upgrades for DL international tickets are only available if you have a Y/B/M coded fare basis. Even with status, your tickets are BoB (Back of Bus) in lower buckets.

I'm willing to wager large amounts of cash that any ticket from a cruiseline won't be in Y/B/M unless you've paid a whopping upcharge for custom air.

True, and it's easy to verify this information by reading DL's webpage or simply calling customer service.

Archived