Tequila in cabin-Margarita ?

papilliontraveler

I am ordering a couple of bottles of tequila from Bon Voyage. For those of you that have done this or "brought" your own tequila on, what do you mix it with? I know you can use orange juice(tequila sunrise sans grenadine) but what about making a margarita, what do you use?

I wanted to bring on some margarita mix but didn't know if Carnival would let me, it is non-alcoholic.

Thanks for any help.

I am ordering a couple of bottles of tequila from Bon Voyage. For those of you that have done this or "brought" your own tequila on, what do you mix it with? I know you can use orange juice(tequila sunrise sans grenadine) but what about making a margarita, what do you use?

I wanted to bring on some margarita mix but didn't know if Carnival would let me, it is non-alcoholic.

Thanks for any help.

You can bring on non-alcoholic beverages to mix with your tequila. Just make a margarita on the rocks!:) We bring on our own cranberry juice and tonic water to mix with our vodka we order from Bon Voyage with no trouble.

Thanks for any help.

You can order some Orange Liquor from the Bon Voyage Department, then add some limeade to it and you'll be good to go. (Or we have done lemonade and a little lime juice)

I bet if you wanted to bring on the Margarita Mix, it would not be a problem

I carry envelopes of Zilch Margarita Mix. They are like individual sugar packets but better wrapped and you mix a packet with a jigger of tequila, 3/4 cup water and some ice to taste for a perfect margarita that has only the caloric value of the alcohol. You can also buy lemon lime crystal lite packets in the US or in Mexico and mix a packet with 4 oz tequila, 3/4 c water and 4 cups of ice but need a mixer to blend it all.

An absolutely fabuolus recipe.....

2 ounce 100% AGAVE tequila (1800 works!)

1 ounce FRESH lime juice

and 1 ounce Agave Nectar. This is SO good, no need for anything else.

That's all you need - you just need to get yourself a juicer and limes - the Agave Nectar is available in lots of places - trader joes has it as well as alot of supermarkets. Enjoy!

Order some limes from room service.. get the salt from the Lido deck and do shots :D:D

haha

Will do plenty of them but didn't think I would hold up all week just doing shots. :)

I called Carnival and they have no idea whether the margarita mix is ok or not. They were just reading me verbatim what is on the website. I will probably either try the Zilch or just bring a couple bottles of the mix and assume that will be two less sodas I can bring on.

I brought 3 bottles of margarita mix with me 9/25 on the Triumph, no problems. We ordered a bottle of Hornitos from Bon Voyage, and brought a shaker with us as well. Margaritas on the rocks were served on the balcony and were wonderful!! We just brought it in our carry on ( as well as some cranberry-pomegranate for our Citron that we ordered as well). I used a small rolling suitcase so that it wasn't a worry about the weight of all the mixers. Partied on the balcony all week long. It was great. Hope you have a great cruise!!

I brought 3 bottles of margarita mix with me 9/25 on the Triumph, no problems. We ordered a bottle of Hornitos from Bon Voyage, and brought a shaker with us as well. Margaritas on the rocks were served on the balcony and were wonderful!! We just brought it in our carry on ( as well as some cranberry-pomegranate for our Citron that we ordered as well). I used a small rolling suitcase so that it wasn't a worry about the weight of all the mixers. Partied on the balcony all week long. It was great. Hope you have a great cruise!!

This is what we are planning on doing for our upcoming cruise. It seems to have worked well for you. This will be the first time we will be bringing the mixers in our carryon. We usually pack them in bubble wrap and ziploc bags in our checked luggage. Since they have changed the rules about packing liquids in your checked luggage we are going to bring our mixers in our carryon with wheels!! I have already ordered the liquor from BV so we are all set!:)

• 3 months later...
This is what we are planning on doing for our upcoming cruise. It seems to have worked well for you. This will be the first time we will be bringing the mixers in our carryon. We usually pack them in bubble wrap and ziploc bags in our checked luggage. Since they have changed the rules about packing liquids in your checked luggage we are going to bring our mixers in our carryon with wheels!! I have already ordered the liquor from BV so we are all set!:)

Dane225,

Did you try that on your Conquest cruise? We are heading out on the Conquest next week and were thinking about carrying on some Margarita and Bloody Mary mix and ordering tequila and vodka from BV. Just curious. Seems like no one knows for sure and might depend on whether the guy doing the checked luggage scanning is in a good mood :)

We use Baha Bobs Margarita Mix (powdered) and it is the best. Actually did a taste test before we went using Zilch, Baha Bob, Crystal Light lemon lime and a couple of others. Anyway BahaBob was the best. We used it at 1/2 strength since we don't like it too sweet and used lemon instead of lime. Was able to get a whole lemon from the Lido deck and stored it in the fridge. I brought salt from home. VERY good margarita's! We are not big drinkers but we drank almost all of the 1800 in one week! We really enjoy our margaritas on our balcony! Jean in MO

Thanks for all of the info on making Margaritas in the cabin. I plan on ordering from BV and need ideas for mixers. I like my Margaritas made with 100% Blue Agave, fresh lime juice and touch of triple-sec on the rocks. I am thinking of bringing Baja Bob's mix. Will it be too sweet for me?

Thanks!

We went on the Fascination at the end of August - we had ordered Tequila and Vodka from Bon Voyage...we went to Wal-mart and bought a bottle of the liquid Margaritta Mix - we had it in a bag with cranberry juice, pineapple juice, water and cokes - my husband was FURIOUS that when the bag arrived to the room they had taken the Margaritta mix...he called the Cabin Steward, He called the Pursers Desk, Guest Relations...they told him that they couldn't help it and had no control over it that security had taken it - even though it was CLEARLY MARKED NON-ALCOHOLIC - he even asked them if they were going to refund us the $40.00 for the bottle of Tequila that now he had nothing to do with. I guess if we would have taken it in our carry-on that we could have showed them the non-alcoholic words on it and got on the ship with it....but we didn't and it really upset him for a while. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and finally I just convinced him that he could just take shots or we could take it home...he ended up drinking very little of it on the ship and the last night they delivered the bottle back to us so we brought it home. Lesson WELL LEARNED we will bring powdered with us if we ever try that again..I don't even think we would bother with carrying that big bottle in our carry on and having to lug it around.

Thanks for any help.

Buy a 12pk of "Squirt" soda-pop. Mix it with the lemonaide from the lido. Order limes from room service and bring your own Margarita salt in your carry-on. Check-out the dollar type stores for the hard plastic type Margarita Glasses.

**** note ** We have a favorite Mexican Restaurant here in Muncie, IN that has the best Margaritas. My fiance asked what made them so unique. They use the Squirt pop as part of their mix. This is how we came up with the mix idea. Try it before you leave home to get the right ratio down pat. It really does work. ENJOY !!!

Thanks for all of the info on making Margaritas in the cabin. I plan on ordering from BV and need ideas for mixers. I like my Margaritas made with 100% Blue Agave, fresh lime juice and touch of triple-sec on the rocks. I am thinking of bringing Baja Bob's mix. Will it be too sweet for me?

Thanks!

Full strength Bob's is too sweet for us that is why we use it at 1/2 strength. And lemon instead of lime gave it the tartness we like. Just play with the mix and you can adjust it to your taste. Enjoy!

I just checked Bon Voyage for our cruise to Cabo, and the only liquor shown is wine. Where is the tequila listed?

Do a search on these boards for a list available (bon voyage liquor) you have to call the Bon Voyage dept (weekdays I believe) to order liquor.

Archived