Train from Naples to Pompeii and Sorrento

pilot

• 3 weeks later...

The owner of the "tabacchi" and newstand across the street from the exit of the Naples port area speaks english and is accustomed to hoardes of tourists walking over to purchase tickets. The bus ride from the port to the train station was uneventful since it was filled by cruise ship passengers. However, our bus ride back from the train station to the port was quite the experience. We were pushed into the back part of the bus and DH felt hands all over his front and back pockets (luckily he kept his wallet in his travel bag). Several of the zippers on my bag were half-opened until I confronted the guy who was trying to reach into my bag (I punched him in his gut and called him a $##&o!@) and stared him down. Then I felt a hand from behind me trying to get into the other side of my bag - these guys work in packs. I don't get intimidated easily and started yelling which got other people's attention. The gang got off at the next stop once they realized that we were not easy targets.

Long story short, don't keep anything valuable that can be accessed by thieves, try to stay in the front of the bus and be aware of your surroundings.

Archived