Pay in Full

Ivy1908

I will be booking a cruise for next May in a couple weeks. It will be considered Early Saver. We dont plan to cancel and will have insurance as well. But just wondering....My question is: If I pay in full, will I not be able to get the refund (less the deposit) back if I were to cancel? Just wondering if paying in full will be a bad idea.:confused:

Oops.... I replied but then realized you weren't asking about price drops, you were talking about if you had to cancel. Sorry!

I believe you would still get the refund less the non-refundable deposit. You can actually transfer the money to a different cruise for a $50 penalty, even with Early Saver, so that's really your only risk.

Final payment is a date Carnival sets, and anything before that you would be due a future cruise credit, minus the $50 pp if you cancel. Carnival holds the money, so you dont ever get it back if you book ES. Yes, they would refund the remainder if you paid more than the deposit.

After final payment regular cancellation penalties apply.

I will be booking a cruise for next May in a couple weeks. It will be considered Early Saver. We dont plan to cancel and will have insurance as well. But just wondering....My question is: If I pay in full, will I not be able to get the refund (less the deposit) back if I were to cancel? Just wondering if paying in full will be a bad idea.:confused:

We paid the total for the Liberty today, sailing May 14 es if there are any drops from es it will go to OBC and if there is any left , which I doubt then we get a check at the end of the cruise....:) Whoops thought you were saying you know you wont cancel

I booked this pass week, paid in full and got insurance and the carnvial agent told me because I had insurance I would be refunded in full if I had to cancel for any reason.

The Carnival agent would be wrong if they told you their Berkley Care insurance would provide a full Cancel For Any Reason refund. It would provide a 75% future cruise credit for Cancel For Any Reason.

You would get a full refund only for a covered medical or emergency reason.

Thanks for the replies! Im pretty sure that I wont be canceling (and hopefully not my cruisemate either :rolleyes:) but was just checking if there were any addtional penalties with ES if I paid in full upfront.

I wasnt sure if they would keep any amount I paid and put it towards another cruise if we had to cancel. Thanks for the clarification! :D

Archived