Sovereign or Majesty? Please help!

Hi. I am planning a cruise for Sept 10, 2004 but I have yet to decide whether to take the Sovereign or the Majesty of the Seas. Is there any differnce between the two? Is one slightly better than the other (food/entertainment)? I'll be going with my good friend & we will be staying in an inside cabin deck four. P

they each do an alternating 3day/4day schedule

If doing the 4 day I like majesty (xtra port) If doing 3 day i like either. Since you are leaving on friday you are doing the three day That means the cruises are almost identical. since you are staying in an inside there is not much difference (sov has no balconies at all) I would base my descision on 1) Price 2)ease of getting to embarkation port. That would make my mind up

Jim Bulger
Monarch
explorer
majesty 2X
Voyager
sovereign
LOVE RCCL
SOS Quickie
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;7;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I think they are sister ships. That said, I've never sailed the Sovereign but given her proximity to Orlando, I've heard you get more kids.

I'd look at the other factors to make a decision: can you get a cheaper flight to MIA or MCO? Do you care about the order of the ports?

Which ever you chose you'll have a great time.

Trish

I've been on the Majesty and from what I've heard it's a little newer and kept up better. The Majesty stops in Key West which the Sovereign does not. We found Key West to be alot of fun!

Majesty of the Seas 3/02
Monarch of the Seas 2/03
Serenade of the Seas 11/03

Till the Enchantment!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;2;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Majesty stops in keywest only on the M-F four day Itin. On the F-M 3 day they are identical
Majesty is 3 years younger but not kept up any better or worse.....(the op said leaving 9/10/04 a friday so I based my info on it being a 3 day....So I think the ease of getting to the port and price is important

ALTHOUGH KEY WES

Jim Bulger
Monarch
explorer
majesty 2X
Voyager
sovereign
LOVE RCCL
SOS Quickie
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;7;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I was just on Majesty 5/21 and the ship is well maintained and the food and service very good. There were a few spots where her age showed, namely on the lower decks.

SOS is older but not by much. She is going in for a major overhaul in November. I have not sailed SOS since they moved her to Canaveral as IME there are more kids on those sailings and that is not my cup of tea.

CG

RCI(38),NCL(12),Princess(1),HAL(2),Celebrity(3), Carnival(2), Eastern (13),Radisson(2), Star Clippers(1),Home Lines(2), Costa(5),Big Red Boat (6), Dolphin (1), Commodore (2), Others (11)

I've sailed on both, and had a wonderful time on both. We had more "fun" on SoS and would do it again without question. The party by the pool when you are in Nassau was great! We pulled out before the Majesty that night and they looked bored while we were having a blast!

I did like Majesty for the ship. I felt it was in better condition than SoS. I also liked Key West.

If you could put the "excitement" of Sovereign on the Majesty ship, you would have the ultimate 3/4 day cruise.

Legend Of The Seas - 7/15/00
Majesty Of The Seas - 7/16/01
Sovereign Of The Seas - 7/28/02
Celebrity Horizon - 4/20/03
Enchantment Of The Seas - 10/09/03

We sailed on the Majesty last March and are going again in Aug. We also had the party by the pool when pulling out from Nassau, it was very lively, a lot of fun. Prior to going on the Majesty we had sailed only on the newer ships and only for 7 day cruises. I can honestly say that, while she is old, I was impressed with the condition of the ship. The food was very good and the service was excellent! I'm looking forward to going on her again.

Done both. Loved both. Where do you want to sail FROM. There may be a price difference between getting to Miami or Port Canaveral. They ARE sisters.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!
My gif kitties have gone to cyber heaven so that dial up cruisers don't have a problem getting their posts read.

I haven't been on the Majesty but, have been on Sovereign twice--the last time just 1 1/2 weeks ago. Had a great time both times! We were on Deck 4 inside cabin and it was very small but, we weren't in there much at all so it was fine for the two of us. The asst. cruise director was corny but funny--he tried hard!! It rained as we left Port Canaveral so no sail away party and it also rained the night we were in Nassau so no deck party but, there was plenty else to do. Food and service were fantastic to us but, then again, we are not picky at all. We will definitley go back on Sovereign again.

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00
Fascination 6/01
Fantasy 6/03
Sovereign 6/04

My wife and I sailed on SOS for our honeymoon and it was fantastic i dont know if it was because it was our first cruise or because it was our honeymoon, but the food and service by all the staff was wonderful. We never had a bad expierence with anyone. They ship was a bit older and showed a little wear like in the bathrooms few spots but nothing to ruin your vacation over. The shows were great and we had hardly any kids on our cruise at all because we went in Sept. also. I think either will be great RCCL does a fantastic job

have fun

cruisevirgin79

sos 9/15/02
eos 9/18/05

Archived