Pride Not such a Pride

KickinRon

Ciship - Don't worry. You are going to be on vacation. Don't let little things ruin your trip. Most of the posters here indicated that they had a great time - isn't that the main thing? There are things that can't be controlled such as the weather (it's true the weather wasn't the greatest when we cruised but that certainly didn't ruin our trip - we made the most of it!). But for anything else (like cabin issues or dinning room issues) there are people you can talk to about that. If you are missing beach towels or robes in your cabin just ask for them. If you aren't happy with your waiter then talk to the maitre'd. The priority is that you have fun (which you will)! :)

Thanks Kridder! I like your attitude. Hopefully, I can develop it on my way to the PRIDE:)

The experience on the Pride isnt the whole reason we wont sail from the west coast. That just added to the rotten airport, city, weather...ect. We love Florida and the ships that sail from it. Im sure alot of people have a great time on the pride, we just had a better time on carnivals other ships, that just happen to be on the east coast.

KickinRon] While beach towels were left in the rooms on other carnival cruises, we had to ask for them each time we wanted them.

On the ships I've been on, the beach towels in the cabin were for taking on shore, and the towels used on the deck were handed out by an attendant. Not the case on the Pride?

This ship has so many lines to wait in, you waited in line to get on the ship, to get off the ship, going to dinner, going to the bathroom...

Unfortunately, there are 'lines' on every ship on every cruise, some more than others. That's one of the things most folks expect, to a degree.

The crew was not as friendly as Carnivals other ships (Imagination, Fascination, Triumph,)

The entire crew? I think this is the first time I've read a not-so-happy report about the Pride.

Sorry your cruise wasn't so great, but sometimes a few little upsetting incidents can set the mood for the entire cruise. Sounds like the case w/you. Sorry. Hope the next one is LOTS better.:)

I think it would be better not to highlight things as it sounds you are critising this person. They had a disapointing cruise but they have cruised Carnival many times and always liked it in the past. They also said that things on this ship were done differntly then the others. I too ,myself, have found different Carnival ships very different. I took 2 cruises 4 months apart last year. One on Inspiration and one on Miracle-I found those two ships and the way things were done very differently. I think that is because the way things are done depends on the captain and staff and not necessarily Carnival policy.

ccNVcpl

We are on the PRIDE in 3 weeks and Greg will be retired and gone by then. Did he say who his replacement would be?

Also, were you able to get out by the pool for sunbathing on sea days??

Where was your cabin located and how was the motion on the ship?

What did you do in PORT?

All that Greg said was he had 3 weeks left. I'd guess that Carnival Corp. will be doing the CD selection.

Our sea days going south were wonderful, and there was plenty of sun burns showing every night. As always, if you want a perfect spot, get there early.

We had Cabin 6220, mid ship, port side. It was perfect. No noise and no motion. But then - this was perhaps the smoothest ride we've ever been on - except Saturday nights return (and it was only slighlty choopy).

We didn't do excursions, as we've been to these ports before. But we were very pleased to see that PV has cleaned up nicely over the last 6 years - shops are much more upscale.

People's perceptions of their overall experience on a cruise are built from hundreds of disrcrete experiences and interactions during the cruise. Those [hopefully] few" bad" experiences are inevitable -- expecting perfection is a sure set-up for finding imperfection. It's human nature to take a bad incident or interaction and magnify its significance, even though there may have been dozens of other things that went well (and usually unnoticed). And once you've had one bad thing happen, it is also human nature to pick apart every thing that follows that also does not go well.

I frankly don't believe ships should legitimately develop and hold either a bad OR good reputation from cruise to cruise; indeed, there are many many instances where people on the same cruise have come away with totally opposite perceptions. Also, keep in mind the staff on board are continually turning over as their respective contracts conclude, and in a year probably very few remain who were on the ship just 6 months or 1 year prior (most who come back on a new contract go to a different ship).

That 's why I tend to discount experiences like I read above as anomalies, and go in with the mindset that I will make the best of my vacation regardless of those things that may not go quite as well as they should. Hey, it mostly it just comes down to "&*#@ happens!!!"

Quote; "That 's why I tend to discount experiences like I read above as anomalies, and go in with the mindset that I will make the best of my vacation regardless of those things that may not go quite as well as they should. Hey, it mostly it just comes down to "&*#@ happens!!!"

Cantex, I didnt expect perfection. In fact the Pride was far better then I expected. Compared to my other cruises, including Carnival, the service just sucked. Do we all have to paint a perfect rose picture, or get told #$%@ happens. What are these boards for?

I agree with the above poster, it was the absolute calmest cruise I have ever been on. Hardley ever felt the sea! almost missed it. I love the motion. But it was a good smooth cruise. I worried about some of my family members because there cabins were all the way forward. No problem at all.

Cantex, I didnt expect perfection. In fact the Pride was far better then I expected. Compared to my other cruises, including Carnival, the service just sucked. Do we all have to paint a perfect rose picture, or get told #$%@ happens. What are these boards for?

CC - I think that Can was just stating his/her own opinion (as you have on this thread). I think it's up to everyone to make up there own opinions based on their experiences. You had a bad experience on this cruise with customer service and we did not. I don't think that anyone is trying to "paint a perfect rose picture". It's all a matter of subjective opinion. :)

Archived